Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 15 Ch. 142 - Maid In Ririsu

I thought at this point It was established that the FLZs are not figments of Tarou's imagination as he can see people that he has not met and that are indeed the first loves of the people they are attached too. He is not capable of knowing the first love of someone who he has never met before without the ability and the first love zombies are based off real people who he has not met before as well. They can also influence real life when they get mad. I think we should all be able to come to the conclusion that they are real because this is a manga not real life.

Tarou has been such an asshole lately but this here I cant forgive

And ALL of this could have been avoided, if Ririsu had been honest from the jump.
"Awww... Tarou still loves and remembers me, but Eve's imaginary tits make me feel insecure so let me lie to Tarou about everything through my teeth until it spirals out of control."
-spirals out of control-
tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

Eve becoming the Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 2.0 AKA Best Girl? Could've been avoided.
Ebino developing feelings? Could've been avoided.
Crossdressing facade? Could've been avoided.
Tarou having to pick the lesser of three shitty outcomes because he actually stopped being an energy saving man to help people he actually cared about? Could've been avoided.

Ya'll give Tarou shit for comparing the original to a delusion, but I'd like to think that Tarou ain't TRYING to ruin everything. He's just running the Hachiman "directed hate" route. And I'd much rather he'd be happy with someone who is honest about her feelings than someone who can't pull her head out of her ass to stop butting heads. He was clearly upfront with Ebino. He's just metaphorically boned, right now.

Im glad the comment section improved in quality, everything tarou is doing isnt out of character and he's not being an asshole either. Its not his fault riritsu wont be direct with her feelings and honestly he's got bigger problems than figuring out what a probably girl thinks about him. Eve is totally consicious and real, shes just not on the same realm as tarou but stop calling her a delusion because she's not (at least in the hz universe first love zombies even if invisible they play a role in the real world) so its completely understandable for tarou to fall in love with a hot, individual girl that reciprocates the feelings only downside being the inability of physical contact.

Aggregator gang
It's all good and stuff but I still have doubs from like the first chapters: why do girls not have the first love zombies? Wouldn't this give taro a much more important clue to know that ibusuki is a girl then?

Double-page supporter
Sweet mother of god, this manga is killing my brain. Riri wants to date Tarou and lose her power, but she does care for Eve. Tarou wants to date Riri but he is so close to Eve. Dating Riri would make him lose one of his closest friends (and mild romantic partner). He like(d)/(s) Ebino too, but dating Ebino would cause Eve pain and anguish and he would lose Eve. From Tarou's perspective, if he were to get rid of Eve through either of these means, he would essentially be killing a concious being who genuinely loves him.

As such, Tarou is making the choice to fix Riri's zombie sight and burn his bridges with both of them. That way he could never fall in love with Ebino and cause Eve pain AND he could never fall in love with Riri and cause Eve to turn to sparkles.

Him acting like Riri is a guy is just to keep status quo. Partially because he doesn't know that Riri likes him, and partially because he doesn't know if Riri WANTS him to know., and possibly because Eve doesn't know.

Double-page supporter
@chenando1
Honestly? I think they probably do. But they can only see guys zombies.

Also, Riri said she "dealt with <his> first love already" when she was a he. That's why Tarou thought 'he' didn't have a zombie. Though, that doesn't change the fact that Tarou knows she is a girl through other means. He is just playing dumb. If he accepts she is a she, she is much easier to date. If he professes his feelings and they are returned, Eve goes away. As such, it's easier for him to keep status quo so he can keep Eve.

Group Leader
TAROU YOU MFER HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT JUST GO DIG A HOLE IN THE GROUND AND SIT IN IT LIKE THE STARCHY ROOT VEGETABLE THAT YOU ARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS WHY RIRISU AND EBINO SHOULD JUST HOP ON A TRAIN ..NO...A SPACESHIP FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS DUDE
NO TACT
NO TACT AT ALL

@ParadoxMeltdown I read through all of Ch. 129 again ... I don't see his realization i might just still be missing it.

@gartender If you know it's a guy, that's gay ... i'm sorry. Its okay if you are gay, i'm cool with you anyway. (Avenue Q)

Fed-Kun's army
Man can't let go of those he holds dear. (Which is unfortunate, but it is bound to happen soon anyways.) If he were to start dating Ririsu, Eve would disappear. If he were to date anyone else, Eve would be corrupt. Honestly he's starting to develop feelings for an illusion, which is a psychological disorder. Only way for him to cure himself of this "nightmare" is to accept his feelings for someone else close to him and move on.

@ayechance in ch129, page 4, Ririsu has a flashback of Tarou telling her to be happy as her normal self. Her being normal can only mean to stop pretending to be a guy. If that isn't enough, page 5 also says "Tarou, Getting him to know I'm a girl, that's enough for me" just clarifies this. In ch130 page 11-12, Tarou also mentions Ibusuki being a girl and why she pretended to be a guy in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread