Have a Coffee After School, In Another World’s Café - Ch. 2 - Second Cup

Dex-chan lover
"It is my first time seeing an isekai manga that gets better in the second chapter."
-Eonlars

Aggregator gang
I love this so much. I love that this guy doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve. He is a human with emotions, but he also has a facade to keep being a functioning human being. Just the simple goal of making coffee popular in this new world is already more of a central goal than 99% of dogshit isekai stories out there. It's also a perfect example of how a central goal doesn't have to always be killing gods or overthrowing an empire. Pretty much paced perfectly so far for these two chapters, and I'm going to be making a shrine for his author in the coming weeks and praying to him that he doesn't ruin it.

Dex-chan lover
So the cafe is his isekai power?

@GodGinrai
I'm pretty sure he refers to dress suit, which is a term for men's formal wear not necessarily for dances only.

MPT

Group Leader
Having skimmed through the corresponding LN chapter, the dress thing was an attempt at humour for deflection

I hope that she either doesn't pick up on the fact that it was humor or decides to do something humorous in return and ends up getting him a dress.
I don't think it'd work well as a running gag though. Doesn't seem to fit with what we've seen so far.

Fed-Kun's army
Wonder how he got to the point of opening a cafe if he still has trouble dealing with the world outside it, I mean he needs a building and ingredients. Or did a cafe isekai with him but then he still needs to leave to get supplies. (Or at least to find someone to deliver them.) Still no matter how it works an MC that is actually bothered by the stuff has the potential to be more interesting than most isekai,

Double-page supporter
@Aichan Except "dress suit" is never shortened to "dress", except when talking in plural possessive. (i.e. Mens' dress)

Double-page supporter
@icarushector Mandatory education in Japan stops at 15, most attend three years of high school after that, and then apply to university, but some enter trades or trade schools at 15. He most likely started working at his family's cafe since young and never went on to high school due to family reasons, notice only his grandpa is in his flashback. Hense his nostalgia for school as he has long entered the working adult world. Of coarse this is all speculation, it could be he just has a baby face or is just that dense.

Dex-chan lover
Please don't suddenly get dark, I'm here for fluffy slice of life.

The worldbuilding also seems basic so any attempts for the author to expand to adventuring and I may consider dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread