Have you checked out our new feature: MDList? Also, the new reader has been updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Jsmith45
I've spoken to @Teasday about this. He's aware of the issue. I'm paraphrasing, but the issue appears to be with bootstrap using some sort of javascript for modal windows that old ipad browsers can't handle. He believes he has an idea on a workaround but there is currently no timeline if/when he will be able to figure out and then implement said workaround.

Double-page supporter
It took me a bit to figure out what settings would emulate the behavior of the old reader most closely, but now I think I'm okay with it. The addition of the bottom bar showing where the current page is within the current chapter is incredibly helpful.

I'm using Safari 11.1.2 on macOS 10.13.6, if it matters.

Just thought you could use a positive comment amidst all the bug reports. ?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@WanderingWastrel posted:

The addition of the bottom bar showing where the current page is within the current chapter is incredibly helpful.
I'm grateful to hear at least someone agrees lol

Thanks.

Power Uploader
Yay! The new reader is finally on the main site. Now I don't have to use the beta site anymore, lol. ?

Any tips on getting the site to work on the Silk browser on Kindle Fire? Since the update I can't view any manga or even interact with most buttons on the page.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@bcooper posted:

Any tips on getting the site to work on the Silk browser on Kindle Fire? Since the update I can't view any manga or even interact with most buttons on the page.
None, bootstrap 4 just doesn't support it.

Me

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
I like the chapter progress bar too.

Also, everything is working now. Either I had a transient issue, or something has been changed that fixed it for me.

Supporter
@Teasday I was actually confused because I didn't notice the reader had it's own separate settings aside from the account/site setting in the menu (since I was on mobile)

Oh, man, You did it! life is perfect again I have nothing to complain, only gratitude for your hard work, thank you!

there's this thing happening where i'd read to some pages and it would jump back to the beginning :/ has anyone else reported this? i'm on chrome on desktop.

edit: nvm, just saw that it's a known bug and will be dealt with eventually

Hello,

I like the new reader design, but is their a way to disable all the new customization since it’s been harder for me to read on my phone. It keeps scrolling backwards or forwards and sometimes not letting me read the next page. To be honest I’ve been getting frustrated and tired of going back to the same page over and over again. Or if there is a way to just have the same customization as the old reader was please let me know. Overall, thank you for the reader.

Sincerely,

SolVic

Staff
Admin
@SolVic

The backwards and forwards might be caused by you clicking/tapping left|right sides of screen - left goes back, right goes forward.

The only issue I seem to have with the new reader is the page change sensitivity is too high. I browse on my phone and I can't scroll on the page without accidentally changing pages.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@xvicarious You can set it lower or disable swipe, although the sensitivity values are probably going to be changed in another update. They're a little too high.

I personally seem to be having quite a few issues with the new update. The long strip is taking longer to load, pages constantly fail to load, and my screen randomly scrolls up. Also, if I refresh the webpage because a page failed to load, it goes back to the previous chapter???

Double-page supporter
Is anyone else having trouble with their settings? I can never seem to be able to change the settings. The save bar is just grayed out and stays on “saving” forever lol. Sometimes I’ll play some games or draw or something while it’s “saving” but it never seems to actually save lol

Edit: Oh, just read about someone having an iPad and something along the same issue. So I guess it’s an iPad thing. Welp, guess I can just not have grouped chapter updates lmao.. not that big of a deal— just asthetically pleasing.

I'm also having the problem where, once per chapter, the reader decides to scroll itself back up to the top of the chapter.

I'm using long strip mode on Chrome 58 (hm, maybe I should update my browser?)

Double-page supporter
I see the gorgeous new reader, and works very nice with my old iPad 2. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread