Member
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2026
- Messages
- 18
I know she is naive and stupid but human greeds has no limits....i know she need a lessons but this is feels too extreme and hard to watch
you know if she gets killed, it could be a nice touch, to have her spider legs the same as actual spiders, like when they go to the center and frozen ... like someone wants to check if she's okay, but the legs tells you she ded"I won't let anyone die" Famous last words.
Deserved fate to the dumb spider girl, MC almost convinced them to prepare for war until she butted in.
the problem there is that there's 3 points that made his points really valid:Not all warnings can be trusted, especially when someone is trying to drag you in a war that they want to find. She had a legitimate concern.
The real problem here is that she acted on blind faith; you can't negotiate with someone you don't understand. I mean, her whole plan was: we tell them that we don't want to fight and they'll agree not to attack.
Honestly, I think she's too young, and the society she lives in - closed off, with diverse people living in peace for so long - has given her zero chance to understand what the humans could possibly want. She has no idea why wars happen and she can't even understand the concept of ethnic cleansing. Being ignorant is not a sin, but not when you don't recognise your own ignorance.
Consider also, that she may be the figurehead of this foolish peace plan but the majority of votes went her way, so she wasn't alone in her way of thinking. So yeah, I do think they're all very stupid for this.
So personally, I do have sympathy. I really don't think that was is happening to her should ever happen to anyone. I would also always be careful about blaming the victim.
Also, maybe we weren't shown how the MC argued his case, but what we saw from him was not convincing at all. I am not surprised at all that his warning fell on death ears. Of course, it's not like I expect him to be a skilled orator and debater, but personally I feel like he dropped the ball really hard here. It really isn't that hard to give examples of human wicked acts and to ask: how do you negotiate with people who just want to kill you?
I mean we have seen different types of people of soldiers there, like the dragon knights just being battle freaks, or the hero gang from last time, we have the 6th army that are tricksters, or the soldiers/mercenaries that fought next to Sougou and helped her classmates. I mean with that is in essence they follow the goddess teaching on human or their country supremacy, so the main outcome is clear specially since we already knew her orders, the question is how will it happen.You are certainly not wrong, that's a good point. But man, I'm just a bit sad because this makes them fairly one-dimensional to me. Not that this story needs a high level of intricacy, but it kinda makes it a bit boring when you know what to expect.
Another thing is that it seems like King Zect has been around as long as the goddess; how is it that he doesn't know her(Vysis) nature? He remained neutral, but seeing how humans where the ones who drove them out to the edges of the continent in the first place, he should at least have a slight distrust or bias toward not negotiating with them.How young is she, to be a chancellor?? Like the whole reason y'all made your own country at the end of the world was to avoid being preyed upon. Like you'd have to be delusional or young and not know any better to think it's possible to negotiate with ppl who are marching to kill you.
Not looking for a rape scene but unless the fly king squadron is lurking around this is going to be a slaughter
Thanks for the tl
he did seem to be biased against mc until he showed proof from his old friend who helped him set up his whole country the witch whose name I forget. Then that just went right out of the window in favor of democracyAnother thing is that it seems like King Zect has been around as long as the goddess; how is it that he doesn't know her(Vysis) nature? He remained neutral, but seeing how humans where the ones who drove them out to the edges of the continent in the first place, he should at least have a slight distrust or bias toward not negotiating with them.
also the amount of misogyny on display in this particular thread is disturbing.
Some of the posts are definitely pretty openly misogynistic, unsurprising some idiots are always on the lookout for any opportunity to openly attack women without consequences even when the character gender is utterly irrelevant for what is happening
I'm a man and I honestly can't understand being this pathetic and emotionally stunted![]()
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
hoo boy.... ok where to start with this... entire piece.You two--and the others who share your perspective--only level such accusations against the people in this thread because you've put women on a pedestal. Surely you've noticed--there were many women introduced after Touka reached Zect's land: plenty of opportunities for the alleged "misogyny" to manifest, yet the only time anyone has waxed notably hostile toward any female aside from Vysis is in this particular spider girl's case, after the bind she threw herself into with outstanding arrogance and superciliousness starting with her treatment of a man with a national VIP's backing.
Of course, once that "most evil" of wrongdoings enters the picture, you get really agitated--as one can see here.
This touches a nerve for you because you feel no one can justly speak ill of a woman, which includes merely finding fault with whatever absurdity leaves a given woman's tongue. The "most evil" wrongdoing the spider girl is in danger of having visited upon her just amplifies the violation of the standards you've been hoping to shame people back into.
inb4 you don't actually care so much, et cetera
That spider girl is very likely going to be saved--based on how she looks and acts, I'd bank on it--but that doesn't change the glaring fact that she begged for everything that has happened to her so far, and she's particularly reprehensible for not only dragging scores of people into her jam, but also endangering the city she's supposed to serve and protect.
You said it before I could. lol That one adage negated all of her naïve talk: no matter what, there will ALWAYS be someone out there you cannot reason with; people with whom words will not even have a chance to fail, for they wouldn't be accepted to begin with--if they even had a chance to be said, before that.
hoo boy.... ok where to start with this... entire piece.
This has absolutely nothing to do with putting women on a pedestal or believing women can’t be criticized. I have criticized her myself. She absolutely walked into this situation through her own naivety and foolishness. She basically walked into an army of racist, murderous psychopaths with no empathy and thought she could talk them down. That was incredibly stupid.
But there is a massive difference between saying, “She was naive, reckless, and brought this situation on herself,” and people actively wishing death, suffering, or violence on her because she is a woman. The latter is what I’m calling misogynistic.
Criticizing a female character is not misogyny. Criticizing her bad decisions is not misogyny. Saying she endangered other people is not misogyny. But when the hostility becomes explicitly gendered and people are cheering for harm to come to her specifically because she is a woman, then yes, that is misogyny.
Pointing to other female characters people haven’t attacked doesn’t disprove that any more than saying “I’m nice to some women” would prove someone incapable of saying something misogynistic about another one.
There’s no “motte” here because I never made the broader claim you’re accusing me of retreating from. My original comment was literally: “the amount of misogyny on display in this particular thread is disturbing.” I did not say everyone criticizing her was misogynistic, I did not say criticism of her decisions was misogynistic, and I did not say every person wishing harm on her was doing so solely because she was a woman. You added those claims yourself and then argued against them.The beginning--where you started successfully. Wasn't so hard, was it?
And it surely wasn't--but like your average ideologue of that stripe, you first tried to discredit my criticism with a snide implication of inanity anyway.
And now, it's off to the motte with you, huh? What I quoted of you was taken from page 3 of this thread, with the other very shortly after on the same: up until then, the vast majority of people commenting were effectively placing the capstone on what they'd been saying since she'd come into the picture as she did. Those people were saying that what happened was the logical result of her actions and she, in her evil, got what she deserved--which she did. In case it needs to be said, no--evil isn't always as overt and conspicuous as that of Vysis and her lackeys: "I didn't know" doesn't work in spider girl's position (it's her job to "know"), and that's what people were saying before you and your peer alleged the commenters before you had soggy knees.
Funny thing is that on that page alone, you had three people either expressing at least some kind of pity or hope for the spider girl to be saved before her fast-advancing folly meets with her. Other than that, you had what I said before, people continuing to dissect her actions up until this point, or people waxing libidinous (probably "lolicons"); that last group was in the minority before and after what you said.
"Because she is a woman", you allege. lol Except that wasn't the case: the closest to it was the fact that someone was said to be on the cusp of receiving just deserts, and that someone happens to be female. Virtually no one cared about that specifically but you and your peer--and, of course, the prurient. (Though I suspect that changed when you said what you did. lol)
And if you'll speak of the comparisons with the real world that came after your accusations, describing reality isn't calumny.