Hazure Waku no Joutai Ijou Skill de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.2

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it easier for Touka if the human-faced monsters are moving? He can just wait for them in a place where they need to get really close to see him, like behind a corner. Then he can attack at leisure. This multi-faced monster was a problem because it was sitting still and waiting for others to come to it, yet its attack range was longer than Touka's.

Aggregator gang
Do levels even matter in this manga? I mean, considering the current level of the protagonist he should be pretty powerful even without using his cheat spells right? I'm assuming that when he levels up he gets a boost in his basic stats like: str, vit, def, agi, etc...

Dex-chan lover
This chapter diverges from the source. The human face wasn't the one to signal the stampede and the location is different but the manga will get us to the same place eventually.

Do levels even matter in this manga? I mean, considering the current level of the protagonist he should be pretty powerful even without using his cheat spells right? I'm assuming that when he levels up he gets a boost in his basic stats like: str, vit, def, agi, etc...
It's best to think that those in lower ranks need to over-level to maybe, maybe, even catch up to those in higher ranks. The effort required to level up a Rank E to something useful is one of the reasons the Goddess just chucks these heroes into he ruins when they're summoned. The fact that Touka specializes in status ailments makes him a threat to the Goddess despite her immunity for reasons that haven't been revealed in the manga yet and was all the more reason for her to dump him in there with spite.

When he levels he does get stat increases. Right now his mana/magic stat is insanely high but his recovery stats are kinda so-so compared to the other heroes.

Aggregator gang
This chapter diverges from the source. The human face wasn't the one to signal the stampede and the location is different but the manga will get us to the same place eventually.

It's best to think that those in lower ranks need to over-level to maybe, maybe, even catch up to those in higher ranks. The effort required to level up a Rank E to something useful is one of the reasons the Goddess just chucks these heroes into he ruins when they're summoned. The fact that Touka specializes in status ailments makes him a threat to the Goddess despite her immunity for reasons that haven't been revealed in the manga yet and was all the more reason for her to dump him in there with spite.

When he levels he does get stat increases. Right now his mana/magic stat is insanely high but his recovery stats are kinda so-so compared to the other heroes.
Thanks for the explanation kind sir ;P

Group Leader
Isn't it easier for Touka if the human-faced monsters are moving? He can just wait for them in a place where they need to get really close to see him, like behind a corner. Then he can attack at leisure. This multi-faced monster was a problem because it was sitting still and waiting for others to come to it, yet its attack range was longer than Touka's.
Each one has a different power, if they're moving around that's less time for him to figure out what powers they have and how to counter them. It's no good if he hides somewhere and for example one uses radar to find him and tells another to shoot his limbs off through the wall.

Dex-chan lover
Each one has a different power, if they're moving around that's less time for him to figure out what powers they have and how to counter them. It's no good if he hides somewhere and for example one uses radar to find him and tells another to shoot his limbs off through the wall.
Sure, although Touka doesn't really need to figure out his enemies' powers. All he needs is to get close enough and he's the winner. In a scenario like you described, what exactly can he do? If there's an enemy who can pinpoint him from a long distance away and from behind solid objects, he isn't ever going to get close if there's another enemy that can kill him from behind those same solid objects. I'm not sure if those are reasonable expectations.

If the enemies suddenly stop and refuse to get closer, he would know they can detect him from behind objects and are wary. I'd say that's the limit if he intends to fight at all and not just start running immediately.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, although Touka doesn't really need to figure out his enemies' powers. All he needs is to get close enough and he's the winner. In a scenario like you described, what exactly can he do? If there's an enemy who can pinpoint him from a long distance away and from behind solid objects, he isn't ever going to get close if there's another enemy that can kill him from behind those same solid objects. I'm not sure if those are reasonable expectations.

If the enemies suddenly stop and refuse to get closer, he would know they can detect him from behind objects and are wary. I'd say that's the limit if he intends to fight at all and not just start running immediately.
Touka actually has to enunciate his attack and say it loud enough for it to activate. In the novel there was a whole section going over which skill (poison, paralyze, etc) was the shortest to say to get his activation off as quickly as possible. If a hero can't announce their skill it won't activate and they're left with whatever physical attributes they have to defend themselves. Touka is very dependent on his support characters for head on fights but for ambushes where he can guarantee that he won't be focused down on he can solo most things.

For the human faced monster in this chapter the effective attack range was a sticking point. In the novel they also highlighted its mobility and the need to create a distraction so that Touka could slip into his effective range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread