Hazure Zokusei Tsuchi Mahou no Sei de Henkyou ni Tsuihousareta no de, Gangan Ryouchi Kaitakushimasu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Faulty Attribute

Dex-chan lover
They think water is better than earth???
The reasoning given is that earth magic has high mana consumption. That being said, the manga presents it as though he's going to use his knowledge from the past world to make earth magic effective... and he makes a massive net and commands it like a golem. There's no way that wouldn't use loads of mana if regularly moving earth does, as he moves a large amount very precisely. Nor is it something clever from our world -- nets exist in medieval settings and there's no reason such a structure would be physically superior or less draining.

In simplest terms, this manga doesn't give af if it makes sense. It's just cashing in on isekai tropes.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, you can call me petty or vindictive all you want but i dont think the bodyguards that are being paid 5 times the normal rate to protect me have any right to demand i prove myself to them. Im one to hold a grudge and that "You're actually on the same level as us" non-apology is rich coming from someone he would realistically be able to body with the snap of a finger.

Maybe its just me, but i dont enjoy the "bad bitch" poor attitude type characters that Japanese manga writers tend to gravitate towards. Like we've just met and you're insulting me directly to my face when you're working for me? Nah you can fuck off with that. Provided i knew the way to my destination, id probably fire the group right there and lodge a complaint with the guild once i got the chance.

Dex-chan lover
bro wat.... the fact he was reincarnated was just shoehorned in so randomly. Like the author wanted a semi-normal harem fantasy but then the editor decided fuck it up.

Dex-chan lover
The reasoning given is that earth magic has high mana consumption. That being said, the manga presents it as though he's going to use his knowledge from the past world to make earth magic effective... and he makes a massive net and commands it like a golem. There's no way that wouldn't use loads of mana if regularly moving earth does, as he moves a large amount very precisely. Nor is it something clever from our world -- nets exist in medieval settings and there's no reason such a structure would be physically superior or less draining.

In simplest terms, this manga doesn't give af if it makes sense. It's just cashing in on isekai tropes.
bro wat.... the fact he was reincarnated was just shoehorned in so randomly. Like the author wanted a semi-normal harem fantasy but then the editor decided fuck it up.
He knows science from our earth, thus he knows elements and the periodic table, which in turn lets him control "earth" or more specifically the minerals in the ground with far greater efficiency than somebody trying to brute force it which would in turn exhaust all their mana in one go and thus explain why earth magic has such a high cost compared to other magics when combined with earth's physical substance compared to something like air. Seems pretty simple and obvious to me.

Double-page supporter
Rinne.. good at math, reading, writing... has the obvious JP name (compared to Nora, Veld, Amanda). Maybe she's also isekaied...

Dex-chan lover
I had to reread cause it's been a while and man this premise really was run into the ground huh. I had to look it up that I hadn't read this elsewhere cause it seemed so familiar but no it's just that generic.

Group Leader
There's trash and then whatever the horse malarkey this is. Being ostracized because he got a randomly generated skill like he had any control over the result. Earth magic is trash so you're trash boy, meanwhile there's an earth mage in the party... Is it because she's half gnome? No time to explain onto the next trope! The adventurers needing to be reminded to take the bandits to the next town for the reward turn in. Slave maid insta falls in love with the MC. Also the slave maid being the typical fantasy ideal woman in the Japanese mindset.

JFC this manga...

Clicks next chapter

Dex-chan lover
uAXHzxU.png

This feels like meta-commentary about skipping the intro we've all seen before, lmao.

Also, for using his "advanced thinking" about earth magic to solve the problem, a net being the thing he comes up with is kind of strange since that's not even advanced tech. Just once I'd love to see a "smart" earth mage do the intelligent move and just open the ground and straight up entomb someone, basically undodgeable if you can't fly out of it when your footing disappears, and you need extreme physical ability to get out without any air pockets and your limbs are locked in place. Probably requires less control than making a woven net, too.

Also, the one leader-type lady saying "a measly earth attribute rich kid like you" seems really shitty of her to say when she has an earth attribute mage on her team. You could spin it as her saying she expects his mana level is low, but it reads more like her having the earth magic prejudice everyone else does.

Users who are viewing this thread