Hazure Zokusei Tsuchi Mahou no Sei de Henkyou ni Tsuihousareta no de, Gangan Ryouchi Kaitakushimasu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Invasion

Dex-chan lover
Cheers for the translations!

IDK, this chapter just has all sorts of issues... civilians being chased for miles yet only two fell victim to the hoard. The whole fight scene felt abrupt and lacked flow of movement in the action cells.

The stampede resolution feels very off as well. These people just lost their homes and possessions. Sure they might feel relieved they will be accepted into a safer town, but... bah!

Maybe I'm being too harsh to a newbie artist, but just feels like the actions and emotions are an ill fit for what the scenes are trying to portray.

Dex-chan lover
It helps when the lord of the town can basically spend half a day and make homes for all hundred people and, thanks to his soil enrichment abilities, likely feed them all without any extra strain on the current town.

Hell, given his power, he could even tear down part of the wall, lay out the homes, and expand the wall around them and it wouldn't even take a day. That being said, the fact that basically an entire goblin army was chasing townsfolk does seem a bit of a stretch.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that the mangaka realizes the ramifications of having a small village absorb a hundred people in a village.
It's one thing to add five or ten new mouths to feed, but a hundred?
that's just too much, and no matter how fast they are trained they are never going to be capable hunters fast enough for them to provide to carry their weight via hunting (but also , more people hunting doesn't always equal to more food, since the hunting grounds are specific), and I doubt that the villagers have enough stockpiles to last them AND the extra hundred through winter.

Then you obviously go to the social aspect of things, the hundred are grateful but only at the moment, who knows what issues will arise and what the "quality" of the new folk are.
I know that the author will just gloss these parts over and make their integration seamless then get on with the story....but it kinda miffs me when such stuff get ignored in Mangas.

my man added 100 strangers to his village. Realistically this is stupid but the manga has been idealistic so far so its fine I guess. Even the “B-rank” adventurers never went back to the “guild” or went to do other tasks. Not sure if the manga is just fast paced or author is completely ignoring basic logic and just being idealistic.

Dex-chan lover
I have seen the trope of losing homes in many stories, but it's just now, reading this with this timing, after a calamity happened in my state, that I come to better understand what it means to lose one's home and having no place to go back.

(Just in case, I wasn't directly affected, but my hometown was, and many in the entire state did lose everything they had)

Dex-chan lover
This manga just feels like a carbon copy of that one where a noble kid gets earth magic in a world where nobles hate it, send him to a rural village with a party of adventurers (and a butler), it is besieged by bandits (not monsters) and he uses his magic to impress everyone and solves the issue. Then he proceeds to create houses and walls, and a merchant joins the village and creates a shop there. And they are besieged by oddly strong monsters (dragons instead), but the crossbows on the walls manage to deal with them alongside some of their elites out in the field.

Are they related somehow?
aren't he is the one who named ecto?
:wtf:
This :wtf:

Aggregator gang
This manga just feels like a carbon copy of that one where a noble kid gets earth magic in a world where nobles hate it, send him to a rural village with a party of adventurers (and a butler), it is besieged by bandits (not monsters) and he uses his magic to impress everyone and solves the issue. Then he proceeds to create houses and walls, and a merchant joins the village and creates a shop there. And they are besieged by oddly strong monsters (dragons instead), but the crossbows on the walls manage to deal with them alongside some of their elites out in the field.

I thought the exact same thing. Pretty much exactly the same except this guy just has Earth magic and not "Creation" Magic. Also everything about this manga is just worse overall, from the pacing, the writing, the characters, even the worldbuilding.

Dex-chan lover
His village has no resources, sure he's fixed some of the farm land but it takes time for crops to grow so the food issue is still major right now. Adding 100 people isn't like well just get a little more food. It's everything from houses to jobs and even things like space. Way too many mangaka don't think about things like this as theres no toilets or plumbing here so this is just a giant cesspool of Cholera

Dex-chan lover

Ah yes, the one that was ruined by Manshit Fucks or whatever that awful scanlation team is named. Someone new just picked it up tho so fingers crossed they actually do it justice

Dex-chan lover
10% probably won't affect the villagers too much. It'll be nice, but not exactly essential. It'd probably be better to take the 20% and use the money for various public service projects and costs. This is one of those things that's probably intended to make him seem generous, but just shows him as naïve. Or the author.

Catgirl likes money.

Wow, everyone in that horde, both goblins and villagers, must be perfectly capable of running exactly the same speed all that way. And everyone got out of their village at the exact same time to form that tight of a horde in the first place.

As people say, unless there's a severe shortage of manpower, these new villagers aren't going to be able to provide for themselves. Providing space and homes is a non-issue with his OP powers, though.

Users who are viewing this thread