Heisei Haizanhei ☆ Sumire-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Vanquished Woman from the Heisei Era

Group Leader
Younger MC with an Older FMC? Sign me the fuck up!!

I've read the one-shot of this, thanks for picking this up!!!

Edit:
Oh Shit, I've just read the credit page, It's the same author of "Yakumo-san wa Ezuke ga Shitai", Damn, that's why the OL (Older Lady) Power of this one is quite high.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ok so he loves her, so why in the hell would he wanna throw her back into the toxic cesspool that is the japanese idol industry?

Supporter
I have my own personal opinion that anime/manga is an appropriate place to just peg 100 Yen to the Dollar. It just feels like any given series will forever be lost in a time vacuum of conversion rates otherwise.

Double-page supporter
Ok so he loves her, so why in the hell would he wanna throw her back into the toxic cesspool that is the japanese idol industry?
But this is different no? As he has explained, it’s not your traditional idol since she’s way too old for that. It’s all self-publish and sell at events and online and stuffs, not signing up with big talent company. They might sign sponsor contract in the future for a bit money but that’s it. It’s like those cosplay models or idol on the internet. If they do well, they can become extremely popular even more than traditional idols. Check out Ado. She never even shows her face and most of her stuffs were self-published and produced before she got huge. She got so famous that she performed on huge stage, signed with some of biggest labels. Of course, it is 100x time harder than your traditional path.

Dex-chan lover
so they did away with the guy making models
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with this, tbh. This version feels a little bit "off" from the oneshot to me, and I feel like this is part of it.

Maybe I'm just biased, but having him actually skilled at making figures and using her as a reference for that feels more "legitimate" to me than him just being a gravure/idol otaku who claims himself as a self-taught photographer using her for photoshoots. Maybe because it seemed like in the original he had an actual passion of his own (figure-making) which he was then using to propel her, but here he's just propelling her while pretending his side is just about money.

But we'll see how it plays out, I suppose.

Contributor
At first I thought they changed her part-time job to work as normal staff at a small bar instead of a hostess club, but it turns out she's still part-timing as a hostess at a snack bar, and paid to serve drinks to guys with some flirting involved.

Say what you will about her cousin, but he knows his priorities talking about what the market wants and all that. Lol she chugged some 9% alcohol Strong Zero to keep going. I dunno about the romance, she's still 31 and Yuusei is only 16 so that's quite a significant age gap, not to mention they're cousins. But if it happens well, I won't be complaining.

What's different now is their means to make money. Instead of sculpting figures her cousin is now an amateur gravure director & producer.

A bunch of typos, could use some proofreading but nothing pretty bad.
page 12: Should be Sumire
page 13: oozing not ozzing
page 14: idols not idiols
page 16: 'our' first not 'out' first, prepared not prepare

@shubbby Now that you have two chapters of this out, I'd like to suggest for you to make a group here on MD (1-person "groups" are fine if you're solo) so I can submit your release info to MangaUpdates (they don't accept No Group release info there) and so that people checking there can see this is now getting scanlated. If you choose to make a group, you can also Claim it following instructions and be granted the Group Leader role, which comes with additional perms that might come in handy for you.

Users who are viewing this thread