Hello, Melancholic! - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Group Leader
This chapter's title song can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXGE1cLWrw

Fed-Kun's army
huh, so Sakiko wasn't "selling her body" as some where thinking from last chapter, she was going around doing really stupid and dangerous stuff cause she was... bored/wanting attention/so on... almost getting into a car for money in last chapter, almost jumping off the roof this one

seems like Chika was the spark she needed to find something in her life, also Momoko helping out

Saki latched on hard and quick to Chika and kinda forced herself into her life (which I didn't like), and it looks like things started out romantically as Saki wanting to tease Chika

eventually chika fell in love with her and now we need to see Saki's side and feelings (which I'm sure are more than just teasing/like by now)

wonder how bad Sakiko's home situation must've been for her to end up like that, she seems like the case of a rich kid but with no parent love and not being part of her life growing up, causing issues for the child like unfulfilling childhood, no real connection or care from/to others and so on o.o

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhh. That was a great chapter...

But honestly tho, that thing about practicing in a park is kinda... Look, bass frequencies need a higher volume to be perceived accurately compared to middle and high frequencies which are easily heard. That's the reason an instrument like the Contrabass is so ridiculously big: The thing is quite literally a 40inch acoustic speaker.

So if you were to play an electric one un-plugged you'll REALLY have to get close to even hear the pitch, especially anything below an A (Yes, even with slappin' and poppin' which is the loudest technique for the instrument)

I'm not saying is completely imposible tho. It's a solitary park at night after all, so maybe it is quiet enough. But I wouldn't advise practice like that as it can mess up your sense of dynamics. You'd have to play REALLY hard all the time, and using the technique Chika seems to be applying here (fingerstyle) the stress would be even more.

And that ends my little rant. I still love this manga (And Chika) A LOT but I couldn't just let that pass as easily when I'm a bassist myself.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Sakiko seems like the bored/depressed rich kid who gets no love from her parents. Cute how she just inserted herself into Chika's family (befriending Momoka and getting a toothbrush from mom was adorable), but also slightly creepy when it's for ulterior motives (only slightly cause we know Chika later comes to love her).

With that said... Damn, I need that next chapter lol. As always, thank you for the translation.

@Raknasuu yeah that whole 'playing bass in the park' bit was weird, for sure.

@Raknasuu Practicing in the park isn't the best, but I assumed that she's there mainly because she doesn't have anywhere else to go and just practice; unless I missed something.

Fed-Kun's army
Now defy Biology and MAKE BEBE!!!

tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHAPTER, I CANTE WAI T TO READ THE NEXT ONE, I;M SO EXCITED I CAN;T EVEN TYPE PROPERLUY! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Dex-chan lover
Feel like i'm the only one to dislike Sakiko . I mean, she just force herself on Chika over and over till she eventually give up. It doesn't make me like the relationship and Sakikoat all. I don't find that cute one bit, it's just annoying as fuck to me. Not to mention, it's again the classic side pairing already together when the MCs didn't have figured their feelings yet but here the Side pair is not enjoyable one bit.

Dex-chan lover
What a lovely start for a relationship... well, not so much the very beginning but xD I love the imouto she was like "SIS If you don't want her I'M TAKING HER!" hahahaahahaha

@Lilliwyt You're not the only one.
And the next chapter doesn't make it better if I interpret the raws the right way.

Dex-chan lover
@Jakeandhistoe That could be it, but I doubt the other two people in the house could complain at all if she practiced in the house like the rest of mortals living in flats do: Connecting headphones to the amp. That's it.

In fact, if it was a electric guitar you could probably still hear all the sounds coming from trhe instrument in the next room anyway but as it is a bass that won't happen unless you slapp hard. Which takes me to the next point!

maybe she really didn't go there to practice. for me it was more like an excuse for her to see *Sakiko

@BaronDoppio Exactly! I don't know if it was intentional, but it just goes to show how much bullshit of an excuse is in the first place. Sachiko read her like a book tho. Or not?

@WhereTheYuriAt

I also think she has some kind of disconnection in general with the world. Getting into those dangerous situations was her way of finding that connection, and now she has found Chika. But anyway, that's just theories until she reveals explicitly what her ulterior motives are. One con only infer that what she wanted was Chika to love her, but could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Like it. It was just one sided story, so we'll wait for another . Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread