Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Previous Generation's Demon Lord Tests Abilities From Last G…

Fed-Kun's army
They really aren't clear with his status. They say his mother was the late legitimate wife, but that wouldn't make him an illegitimate child. Then later they imply his mother is a commoner, but if they actually married and not just an affair then he'd still be legitimate, if maybe frowned upon.

Is he a child from his late mother's former marriage and therefore a stepchild? But that wouldn't match up with the family tree diagram they showed.

Is this a translation error or what?

@Diamona
ooh, so there exists that kind of coincidence too. i'm anticipating a cute and sugary reunion then, just hope she's not killed by the elysium first.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so the temple is taboo but vampires are still low class? That creates quite the mystery. I was thinking maybe the village rose up after their father figure/lord had been killed because of the temple, but in that case I would have thought they’d put vampires on a pedestal. Also I’m rather confused about why they can’t just be a happy family. From how it was explained I thought the father CHOSE to bring him in their house after finding him as a orphan and didn’t he JUST have swordsmanship practice with the father that same day? I’d get if he was the son of a second or third wife and only taken care of because they have minimum human decency, but it based off of what we’ve been told it seems that the Father at least WANTS him as part of the family and another son. Hopefully we’ll get more details in chapter 3, but so far the only one that seems to have a problem with him is the literal outsider (the brother was clearly influenced and pressured into saying that) which makes for a weird setup.

@Leo80221 thanks for clearing that up

Dex-chan lover
jeez i wonder if this dude is the evil, something tells me he's not the good guy

@Chaosking1236 You misread it. He says he WASN't born from the legitimate wife. He also mentions, that apparently, the first wife has died. So possibly, he is either the son of the Baron and a commoner woman, out of wedlock (since he has a younger sister, the first wife was definitely alive when MC was born). More than likely, his mom died when he was young (not confirmed, but probably that's what happened), his father, the Baron adopted him, as an illegitimate son (since he was born both out of wedlock and to a commoner mom), this was when Baron's real wife was still alive (which is why he also refers to her as Mother, rather than calling her Lady or something, implying they had an adoptive parent-child relationship), sister was born and sometime after that, the first wife passed away too.

@theowww its more like Alice grow up have a family and the MC is a descendent
The Elysium Temple probably cause people revolution and got destroyed by their false oracle(?)

Dex-chan lover
The Temple probably went on a crusade/genocide blaming random humans when the disease kept going after the vampire's death, to consolidate political power. Political control usually follows military power, and the church was super powerful. Also, if word got out they killed the one guy who could cure the disease without magic potions, it makes sense they are taboo- they worsened an already bad situation.

Dex-chan lover
Ai-chan wonders if they became taboo because they acquired such power they became the de facto rulers of the continent and as he's illegitimate, speaking of the church without honorific is above his station.

@megavirus
that's a common logic possibility plot, and that's likely will happened. too bad, i'm an anti mainstream person. lololol

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's taboo because they failed to stop that pandemic when they killed the "demon lord" who "caused" it?

Its been so long i had to reread ch 1
And the years should have been 420 or 690 years

Not as strong as chapter one but no cliche trash yet so I’m still very much invested in this. Therefore:

MOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread