Henkyou no Roukishi: Bard Loen - Ch. 65 - Jewel in the Water

Dex-chan lover
you know, at some point i got frustrated and bored with this manga, but the chapters after the lady knight was introduced to the group were amazing, I love the group interactions and the character development, it made me want to go back and re read everything to see if it was just me changing my views or if there really was such a sudden spike in quality on these last few chapters.
I understand why you would feel like that, I don't "agree" as the story for me has been incredible since the beginning but I can see how you could feel that depending on your taste.

But I entirely agree that since Doriatessa joined the party things got even better, she makes an incredible "device" for some interesting development.

She is a full person, with a personal history that goes beyond the others but that can be improved by their presence, and their lives can be improved by her presence too, as she discovers new things, her actions and reactions make them see the world anew.

It is an incredibly well-crafted story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This manga is definitely going to be a classic once it's completed. Between the writing and the art, it feels very well rounded with few weak aspects. Though, I can see it only being a cult classic as well, considering it's strong focus on cuisine in some chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I understand why you would feel like that, I don't "agree" as the story for me has been incredible since the beginning but I can see how you could feel that depending on your taste.

But I entirely agree that since Doriatess joined the party things got even better, she makes an incredible "device" for some interesting development.

She is a full person, with a personal history that goes beyond the others but that can be improved by their presence, and their lives can be improved by her presence too, as she discovers new things, her actions and reactions make them see the world anew.

It is an incredibly well-crafted story.
i have now re read all of it and have to come to conclusion that while this part of the story is undoubtedly better than everything before it, the whole manga is incredibly well paced and with very good stories, the only part where that was not the case to me, was when i started to be frustrated on my first read, the arc where Loen gets his new horse and enters a conflict with the feudal lord of the place, i felt the pacing was a little rough on that arc and didn't enjoy the story itself, felt a bit contrived and kinda of a excuse to give him a new amazing horse, the feudal lord was "generic evil noble A", tho the teasing at the end about the wife being the true mastermind felt more interesting.
overall i am pleased to know that my old feelings were misguided and this is easily a 9/10 manga that i will start recommending to my friends

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna miss this lake
Yeah, somehow It feels like we've been there with them, and now we gotta go.
Like when you're in a trip with family or friends and everything is so cool that you don't wanna go home, not because you can't visit that place anymore, but because you can't live what you've already lived.

Fed-Kun's army
He reminds me of modern classic fantasy characters. What i mean is straight, standard fantasy written for modern tastes, often they're like knights but dealing with relatable modern issues like ptsd, depression, dissociation, sociological issues grounded in fictional universe abstract enough to become relatable etc. Good stuff and wonderful to hop between those books and this
and being real. The MC is strong enough to be MC but not OP. Age caught up to him, there is another that potentially stronger than him (Kahz), but all characters are all interesting and grounded, and we can emphathize with all of them.

Can't wait til we get to explore each's background.

Fed-Kun's army
i have now re read all of it and have to come to conclusion that while this part of the story is undoubtedly better than everything before it, the whole manga is incredibly well paced and with very good stories, the only part where that was not the case to me, was when i started to be frustrated on my first read, the arc where Loen gets his new horse and enters a conflict with the feudal lord of the place, i felt the pacing was a little rough on that arc and didn't enjoy the story itself, felt a bit contrived and kinda of a excuse to give him a new amazing horse, the feudal lord was "generic evil noble A", tho the teasing at the end about the wife being the true mastermind felt more interesting.
overall i am pleased to know that my old feelings were misguided and this is easily a 9/10 manga that i will start recommending to my friends
I share your feeling - that time I felt that arc/subarc is out of place suddenly from the previous chapters. Perhaps the author thought he needed a new horse, special, but don't want to drag how he procured it for too long.

Dex-chan lover
Guess we aren't seeing naked Gordon and Julchalga anytime soon now that they're hitting the road again.

Dex-chan lover
@slazer88 Thanks for all the chapters! Do wish we got more ramblings from the group in the box at the bottom of the credits, like we used to a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
i've seen/read a lot of ways to catch a fish, either real or fictional, but the way Kahz did it here definitely one of the craziest

In truth, freshwater fish should never be eaten raw/rare, and the innards are somewhat risky to eat as well. Freshwater fish can get parasitized by pretty nasty nematodes and other organisms that can affect mammals and thus humans pretty badly.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be honest, Julchaga's reaction to Gordon's comment about his dad (and him) being fast runners made me think "did his dad literally run out of Julchaga's life?"

Maybe I'm a pessimist lol

Users who are viewing this thread