Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen

Aggregator gang
This manga is something truly special, unique in its kind among Japanese manga's.

this is weally good, cant wait to read more
but ive wanted abit more from the tomboy princess

THIS IS SO GOOD!! Finally a manga that strikes the balance between "fantasy tourism", "scheming", and "badass old people!"

Art: 10/10 -- VERY good, and very consistent. Each panel has so much effort put into it, and I'm really into the way the the artist could easily blend cuteness and anime into the style. Such a treat for the eyes! Character design alone is a 10/10 for me!
Plot: 9/10 -- Seldom do we see a retirement journey! The knight Bard is done with adventures as a knight, however it seems adventure isn't quite ready to give him up yet! The story is set in your usual European/medieval fantasy land, but has its own little flourishes here and there.
Execution: 9/10 What takes precedence here is the relations between the three ruling families and some underlying scheme that's going to mess with knight Bard here. The way it's delivered is really interesting since we're getting fragments of it at a time! Though, just to nitpick, I think the jumps from one small arc (equals to one chapter) to the next arc can be a little bit jarring in the beginning, but it's not super noticeable and will likely be gone as the manga progresses.
Characters: 10/10! Bard is one of the best knightly characters I've ever encountered. He's such an interesting character, and pairing his OP strength and skill with his old age makes all the fights tense, since most of the time he fights against younger folk. Everyone else is really good and nobody's annoying, yet!

Overall: I gave this manga a 9/10!

What the heck is this masterpiece?! I feel too connected in a matter of a few chapters!

Truly a masterpiece, im pretty sure that this manga will get anime, no doubt about it...
but, man it would be perfect if Aindra and Bard were lovers or something like that instead of just "friends", i feel kinda bad for it :(
Cant wait for next chapters

Fed-Kun's army
58 is too damn old to be fighting people half your age or less... but those young bucks are getting taught one hell of a lesson! This is a great story, captivating and poignant. Highly recommended.

This is really good, I just wish they'd cut the dumb food fad that has infested manga, my eyes glaze over whenever a manga starts describing how a fake thing tastes.

he is so hot, manly, people admire him. such a pity he dont have any wife until old T.T

Dex-chan lover
Bard is basically Joseph and Jonathan Joestar combined, who is in his way to reach heaven that DIO never reached

Jokes aside, this manga is easily a 9/10 for me. Great characters, great world building, great art, great plot, and great humor..

Users who are viewing this thread