Henna Ie - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Group Leader
Damn, that's one way to be a rude.
I know, right?

This manga has over 40 pages per chapter and is extremely difficult to translate and edit (as you saw in chapter 1, I had to write every word on the floor plan). Despite my busy schedule in real life, I still try my best to translate this manga with the highest possible quality. I could also translate quickly (like what he did in chapter 3) but chose not to do so because translating quickly like that can lead to errors.

Did we ever learn the writer/detective's name? I couldn't find it in this chapter.

There's still also that weird guest room from the first house and the missing left hands. I'm not smart enough to make connections yet lol.

Anyway, thank you for the translation!

kml

can't you two try to work together or something? now I know nothing about how good each of the translations are but I do know I prefer one person's redrawing over the other's... translucent boxes.

Dex-chan lover
It seems strange to me that he's been pursuing the mystery of this house for a while now, but has never visited the house itself. I mean, it's up for sale, so I assume they take visitors; he could just go in and confirm some of their theories regarding secret paths between rooms. There might also be details not included in the house plans.

Group Leader
can't you two try to work together or something? now I know nothing about how good each of the translations are but I do know I prefer one person's redrawing over the other's... translucent boxes.
If that had happened, it would have been great, but unfortunately it didn't :]]

I really couldn't believe that on the very first day of the week, the first thing he did was send me a threatening letter right after he posted chapter 4. That action was like a robber pointing a gun at a bank teller and demanding money =]] When I received his private message, I was getting ready for work. I was quite annoyed but managed to respond as politely as I could. Honestly, at that moment, I really wanted to let out a string of curses :]]

Double-page supporter
Lambdadelta_Umineko:
I'd rather avoid any unnecessary drama, but the translator for this chapter just sent me a private message with some very unfriendly words.
If that had happened, it would have been great, but unfortunately it didn't :]]

I really couldn't believe that on the very first day of the week, the first thing he did was send me a threatening letter right after he posted chapter 4. That action was like a robber pointing a gun at a bank teller and demanding money =]] When I received his private message, I was getting ready for work. I was quite annoyed but managed to respond as politely as I could. Honestly, at that moment, I really wanted to let out a string of curses :]]
I mean, you were rude first by publically calling him out, putting down the job he did, and then criticizing the job he did again in the comments of your version of chapter 3. And now despite it being a private message to you, and you wanting to avoid unnecessary drama, you are sharing it here, in public, in the comments of the chapter he uploaded, instead of bringing it up with the mods.

And no, I'm not on Nihilo's side, because his response was, in fact, just as rude.

So, unfortunately, neither one of you is in the right here with your reactions. You should probably just bring it up with the MangaDex staff/mods so it can be solved civilly instead of this back and forth.

Double-page supporter
I'd rather avoid any unnecessary drama, but the translator for this chapter just sent me a private message with some very unfriendly words.

You’re the asshole here. Sure, the person was rather confrontative with that last sentence, but not only were you the one who attacked them first, you were also the one who made this public when it’s not needed.

Also, it’s hilarious that you talked about how by taking 3 damned months, you were able to make a quality translation without mistakes unlike them, because you missed the last copula でした and messed up the tense. That’s elementary. Your wording choices aren’t the best, either. You’re probably not a native speaker, and everyone makes mistakes, so it’s not a huge criticism, especially for a free translation, but don’t throw rocks from glass houses.

Scanlation has no written contract, not even a verbal one at that. Anyone can translate whatever they damned please as long as it’s not utter dogshit. It ain’t professional work, so get off your high horse.

Đừng làm xấu mặt người Việt trên đây nữa.

Dex-chan lover
"I'll show these to mr. Kurihara an architect I know"
GODDAMNIT DON'T GIVE AWAY YOUR LEADS YOU FOOL, YOU'RE ALSO PUTTING THEM IN DANGER!

Hell. There's still a good chance that Ms. Miyae here is not only involved with the murders, but trying to find what you know to clean the loose end you're hanging to!

Hell, should be doing a background check on HER to be sure. Say, if there was a life insurance cash out or something.

Group Leader
Lambdadelta_Umineko:

I mean, you were rude first by publically calling him out, putting down the job he did, and then criticizing the job he did again in the comments of your version of chapter 3. And now despite it being a private message to you, and you wanting to avoid unnecessary drama, you are sharing it here, in public, in the comments of the chapter he uploaded, instead of bringing it up with the mods.

And no, I'm not on Nihilo's side, because his response was, in fact, just as rude.

So, unfortunately, neither one of you is in the right here with your reactions. You should probably just bring it up with the MangaDex staff/mods so it can be solved civilly instead of this back and forth.
He did make a mistranslation in chapter 3 and even acknowledged it in his message. When I received a letter with those words, I was a bit upset; I should have informed the admin/staff team at Mangadex. This was indeed my mistake. It's natural for anyone to feel uneasy when receiving threatening messages like that; I'll try to stay calmer next time.

To the person above whose name I will surely never remember: I was going to reply, but after seeing the phrase "Anyone can translate whatever they damned," I gave up. And please do not add a Vietnamese sentence like that below, it is unnecessary; this is just an online platform and it is not something so terrible that it would tarnish a country's image, you are blowing this out of proportion. I will listen, but only to those who speak sensibly like Pagemistress, not someone who talks illogically like you. I will ignore you even though this is the first time we have met; I truly do not want to converse with someone who argues illogically like that.

Last edited:
But it is what it is. There is nothing too excessive here at all. If it were me, I would also get angry like that. He has also apologized, so I can empathize. Who doesn't lose their temper sometimes?
Yeah, yeah. Receiving a "rude" online message is exactly the same as being robbed at gunpoint. Same risks, same consequences, same issue.
Everything here is extremely excessive. It's just a manga and a translation.

He did make a mistranslation in chapter 3 and even acknowledged it in his message. When I received a letter with those words, I was a bit upset; I should have informed the admin/staff team at Mangadex. This was indeed my mistake. It's natural for anyone to feel uneasy when receiving threatening messages like that; I'll try to stay calmer next time.

To the person above whose name I will surely never remember: I was going to reply, but after seeing the phrase "Anyone can translate whatever they damned," I gave up. And please do not add a Vietnamese sentence like that below, it is unnecessary; this is just an online platform and it is not something so terrible that it would tarnish a country's image, you are blowing this out of proportion. I will listen, but only to those who speak sensibly like Pagemistress, not someone who talks illogically like you. I will ignore you even though this is the first time we have met; I truly do not want to converse with someone who argues illogically like that.
Don't worry too much about that, dude. The Scanlation War is nothing new here; it has been around since the days of bato.to. After reading chapter 1, I understand why you got angry. You put all your effort into translating the manga, and I can see that through every page you translated. So, I also understand why you got upset when someone made it worse. Just in times like these, don't act like a headless chicken and try to stay calm.

Group Leader
Don't worry too much about that, dude. The Scanlation War is nothing new here; it has been around since the days of bato.to. After reading chapter 1, I understand why you got angry. You put all your effort into translating the manga, and I can see that through every page you translated. So, I also understand why you got upset when someone made it worse. Just in times like these, don't act like a headless chicken and try to stay calm.
Yeah, thank you, bro. I apologize again, I truly got too angry and acted like a fool. I will be calmer next time. Sorry to everyone for this unfortunate incident.

Double-page supporter

Oh I’ve just realized, you’re from Wicked House lmao. Haven’t heard of that name in years, didn’t even know you guys do English translations.

That explains the holier-than-thou attitude. You lot were infamous even in Vietnam for engaging in scanlation drama. Just saying, this is MangaDex. We’re reading manga for free here, it’s basically piracy, not some noble cause that justifies an inflated sense of ego like this.

Haven’t heard of Wicked House in like 5 years and THIS is the quality of typesetting they can muster up, yet the pompousness of its members stayed the same? The house plan at the beginning of Chapter 1 looked like it came straight out of MS Paint. Any work is appreciated, but at the same time, you’re in no position to put down other people’s effort. Hypocrite.

Users who are viewing this thread