Henna Ie - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
rather than seeing drama here, i would rather just other scanlator pick it up instead. the pic use as this manga thumbnail was the manga cover for volume 4 and here we are on volume 1 chapter 4 instead watching 2 scanlator handing knife at each others throat

rather than seeing drama here, i would rather just other scanlator pick it up instead. the pic use as this manga thumbnail was the manga cover for volume 4 and here we are on volume 1 chapter 4 instead watching 2 scanlator handing knife at each others throat
Disputes always happen, especially online. It's quite commendable for Lambdadelta to acknowledge his mistakes and take responsibility, which is a good thing. Typically, when encountering a sniper, other scan groups would escalate the conflict and extend it to 4 or 5 pages.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, man. I don't want to diss either of you because I'm grateful for both of your translations. Please don't fight.

Group Leader
I don't know, man. I don't want to diss either of you because I'm grateful for both of your translations. Please don't fight.
I'm sorry for showing you this ugly side of me. This is the first time I've encountered such a situation and I didn't handle it well. I promise it won't happen again.

Dex-chan lover
So I know it says children's room and we see a male child but I wonder if that is what we really have. I'm betting that we have a situation where there is an extra adult or a really young child. I know there is no reason for my suspicion but I feel like our MC's friend is somehow involved. They love mystery and horror plus they build buildings so they could have gotten into the building for the possible excitement!

TBH, I don't really care whose translation is better. It's a free and unofficial translation after all. I don't expect it to be stellar. I just want to read it as closest to the latest official chapter as possible. So, I'll thank whoever update it faster. We have lacked behind so much and with the new live-action adaptation around the corner, I think more people want to read it fast too.

I find Macrosis2020's comment really hilarious, it's like just cursing others without any constructive feedback. No one here cares where you're from, even if you come from a shithole country like Haiti (Since I was clueless about Vietnamese, I had Google Translate tackle the final sentence, and man, it's seriously cringeworthy). Mangadex is a small website where hardly anyone would care if you spit on the ground here. Moreover, the snipper guy is not right in this matter, why are you defending him as if he's your family member? People like you are the reason why Mangadex is currently facing so many issues with rampant snipping.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I find Macrosis2020's comment really hilarious, it's like just cursing others without any constructive feedback. No one here cares where you're from, even if you come from a shithole country like Haiti (Since I was clueless about Vietnamese, I had Google Translate tackle the final sentence, and man, it's seriously cringeworthy). Mangadex is a small website where hardly anyone would care if you spit on the ground here. Moreover, the snipper guy is not right in this matter, why are you defending him as if he's your family member? People like you are the reason why Mangadex is currently facing so many issues with rampant snipping.
I commented because “sniping” (yes, not “snipping”, like how both you - the account made just today - and the translator throwing a hissy fit coincidentally mistook it as) is such a bloody non-issue now, especially after MangaDex already implemented a workaround, where if a chapter has multiple versions from multiple sources, you’ll automatically be directed to the version from the source you’ve been reading until then upon hitting Next Chapter. Hence, the uploader with more exclusive uploads will get prioritized.

There is zero downsides to someone picking up your series if they think you’ve been taking too long. You can always upload your own version and YOU will get reader’s priority from the system. The only reason why someone would be this pissy over it is if they REALLY miss the drop of clout they would’ve gotten from being the first uploader and getting the first wave of commenters. That’s extremely pompous and childish, considering the fact that this is literally piracy and they don’t own the rights to any of these series.

Now you have dozens of large scanlation teams who hoard series’s they don’t own like goblins and poke a caveman’s pike at any person who tries to take matters into their own hands, and then there’s this guy who straight up attacked someone else’s integrity and work after they’ve tried solving it amicably in DMs, while his own work is far from anything to shout about, and then compared it to robbing a damned bank.

This is one of the most egregious reactions to a sniper yet, and I think I’m perfectly justified to call you out.

(Also, I’m a native Vietnamese too. Don’t blame me for attempting a cheap shot when I think it is 100% deserved.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Did we ever learn the writer/detective's name? I couldn't find it in this chapter.
Should be Uketsu, the author, or at least his fictional persona.

His YouTube has video stories that are framed as if he actually got all these peculiar things and stories from his audience and acquaintances. Not just murder story like this, but also peculiar monstrosities or weird (kind of disgusting) creatures too.

Should be Uketsu, the author, or at least his fictional persona.

His YouTube has video stories that are framed as if he actually got all these peculiar things and stories from his audience and acquaintances. Not just murder story like this, but also peculiar monstrosities or weird (kind of disgusting) creatures too.
So this manga is like retelling his findings about those things, yes?
Wow, looks like his channel is popular, too bad I don't understand Japanese.. Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
So this manga is like retelling his findings about those things, yes?
It’s more like faux-“true story” type of storytelling. They’re fictions but he wrap the story like it’s something that actually happening.

The absurd thing is, how can that white creepy mask guy in the original became a handsome guy like in this manga or the live action adaptation (lol)

It’s more like faux-“true story” type of storytelling. They’re fictions but he wrap the story like it’s something that actually happening.

The absurd thing is, how can that white creepy mask guy in the original became a handsome guy like in this manga or the live action adaptation (lol)
I see. I get it now. The manga and live action adapt this Uketsu persona.

btw I thought the MC was a woman before you show me the YouTube channel and the live adaptation. Here he's drawn with small face, big eyes, and baggy shirts. But then again in the channel, while it's obvious it's a male body, his character uses a feminine voice... Maybe I should just give up trying to identify this persona.

Dex-chan lover
That high pitch is more like typical voice changer rather than feminine.
The other characters there are likely also a one-man-show.

By the way, imagine the construction disaster there when the new owner of that plot wants to build a new house, the construction workers unknowingly drove a pile down through the basement, and the whole structure collapse. (⌒▽⌒)

Dex-chan lover
lol even with visuals/sketching it does seem confusing, idk how other than a hidden room/some kinda mini basement space it'd be hard to hide a body (unless they only store the hand) but i imagine the serial killer? would prolly target the person investigating at some point lol

Users who are viewing this thread