Hero? I Quit a Long Time Ago

Surprisingly good, you won't be yearning for the next chapter but it's a good binge and chapters come frequently

From some tidbit during the later arcs, I can definitely feel like this is a tolkien-esque world, with slowly dying out bloodlines, ancient artifacts losing power, forgotten crafts becoming evermore scarce... A tolkien-esque world with a character at the height of power in the world, but one nonetheless.

definition of “we’re starved of creativity but it’s so much more profitable to just release stuff quickly”

@melbisbelbis yhea there's a massive drop in quality after chapter 190+ compared to before.

For example look at chapter 154 on the artstyle and now look at 202. It's really bad and generic, way too smooth. Also they said they would release twice a week and that's a freaking bad call from them. It's typical for manhuas to have good starts and become very bad with time and I really hope they won't fall into that category but it seems like it.

Also to anyone wondering, it's not a One punch man rip off at all ^^ takes to read up to 10 chapters to know it, dumbasses.

If you've read my comment under this one I'm posting.

THERE IS HOPE !

The old artstyle kinda went back which is a pleasure to the eyes comparing to the shitty one we've had since 190 up to 235+ chapters. In 240+ chapters, I think we can call it a comeback. (maybe they swapped to get through the shitty arcs to advance faster to more interesting ones ? idk).

Anyway hope they don't make the same mistake twice or that some greedy bastard won't force them to release more/faster with shit quality like your usual manhua does.

@blockshift758
3503c0328bf9d7276c74b41199e18033.gif

I didn't know that it has an anime series ... Thanks

Why are Chinese manhua poor in writing, poor in art, poor in common sense, poor in jokes, poor in lore, poor in originality, poor in epicness, poor in chara design, poor in chara personality, poor in pace of action, poor in every-god-damn-thing-ever?

Even Twilight has a better love story!
Oh gosh... I can't even believe I wrote this...

Seriously though... On one chapter the MC is very angry. Then the vilain kidnaps his sister which is like the most important thing to him. So he gets extremely angry. But the drawing sucks so much that any Japanese manga where a character hits his toe is way more expressive. Then vilain attacks a few fellow characters. And MC says that he is even more angry (sure, random characters being hurt annoy you more than your sister being kidnapped). And his "angrier" face is even less angry than the previous one...

Everything is poor low tier quality.

Group Leader
@Kalzem Are we even reading the same series? The lore in this series is way more expansive than any other chinese manhua around. Other than chinese mythology, it also includes the Greek, Norse, Christian mythologies, etc.

The art in this series has also been consistently high quality (pretend chapters 1 to 10 or so never existed) until some of the more recent chapters, where there was a change in drawing assistants. But art quality has since gone back up.

As for storyline, it's basically the standard tropes, except that compared to other series that tend to push for the MC being the only person in the right, who is different etc. The characters in this series, even some of the villains, want similar things. It's just that their methods differ.

Also, let's face it, romance was NEVER the main thrust for this series, and that's because
MC still can't get over his dead girlfriend
So I have no idea why you'd bring romance in like it's supposed to be a major element.

In fact, I'd say the main drive for this series comes from its characters. Each character, even the side characters are written and fleshed out in a very detailed manner. There are aspects of the character where you just can't help but empathise with, aspects where you just hate. And there aren't many characters that you can simply write off as pure evil.
Except best boy Evan, my boy is basically the personification of chaotic evil
But I digress, what I want to say, is that these characters are not just decorations or plot devices to push the story on and then never return. They very well exist and will continually interact with the main character across the many arcs. And you would do well to notice that.

The manhua trivialised a number of details, but there are also many cues in the earlier chapters that you can gather from the character dialogue and their actions that would clue you in to their motivations. And if somehow you didn't catch those clues that we have intentionally left in the translation, then I suppose this series isn't for you, and I highly recommend you stick to edgy clichés like Solo Leveling and never step out of your zone.

Signed,
Whyte
The Translator

@whyte did someone actually comment about romance on a manga without romance tagged?
Anyways the very detailed, passionate and professional response you just sent made me want to start reading this. Thank you for taking the timg to translate this and write that amazing comment.

Wow! The fcuk the MC doin? He came to the sect to fulfill the promise but HE just stand and watch the to die? Lolololol!!
Where is the almighty ZERO??!!
This latest chapter is not interesting rather it is so disappointing. 😔
One more thing.. that fcuking dao qi zhan. He just waited his fellow disciples and master to die in front of him yelling "why why why etc." Lololol!! 😂😂
Welp this is just my opinion. If its continue to be like this i'd rather stop reading this manhwa.

Can someone please explain what so good is about this manga because I have tried to read it soooo many times now but it's so borig that I can't continue reading it, so I'd like to atleast know what's so good about it.

I really wanted to like this a lot. It had a lot of promise in the beginning, but it seemed to trip over itself too much and be confused about what type of story it was. 5.8/10

Fed-Kun's army
This makes him look weak as fuck hurry up with this arc already its pure dog poo

the anime is great and can't wait for a season 2. if that would ever happened

Users who are viewing this thread