Heterogeneous Linguistics - Ch. 48 - No Peace

I just had a random thought:
If the professor and Hakaga want to try and change the perception of the monsters/demi-humans/whatever you want to call them, why not take Sasuki and a werewolf volunteer back on the return trip to demonstrate their sentience and ability to understand society? It might not be enough to avert colonizaiton and subjugation by the technolgoically superior human society, but at least they might not treat them as nonsentient fauna to eat and skin.

Dex-chan lover
I just had a random thought:
If the professor and Hakaga want to try and change the perception of the monsters/demi-humans/whatever you want to call them, why not take Sasuki and a werewolf volunteer back on the return trip to demonstrate their sentience and ability to understand society? It might not be enough to avert colonizaiton and subjugation by the technolgoically superior human society, but at least they might not treat them as nonsentient fauna to eat and skin.
If history is any guide that sounds more likely to trigger a moral panic and the institution of miscegenation laws.

If history is any guide that sounds more likely to trigger a moral panic and the institution of miscegenation laws.
Perhaps. There are certainly instances such as in the Spanish conquest of the new world in which "mixed" peoples found a survivable niche for themselves, but you are right, in this context, any situation involving the mass arrival of human settlers is more likely to prompt the "US" model of displacing the monsters.... and miscegenation laws.

Still, even if you can convince some heartless entreprenuer that the monsters are, if nothing else, an available labor pool, then at least you have spared the monsters the fate of becomming dinner or a fur coat.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how there's a language barrier, and some revelations our MC has to make before he can understand, but then also this goat is just a weirdo. I'm guessing even after he cracks the code, this goat will have some relevant advice but not really solve every problem instantly. Not everyone is a wise reasonable person that you learn greatly from when you learn their language, sometimes they're crazy too lol

Users who are viewing this thread