High School Inari Tamamo-chan! - Vol. 4 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
A 'strange destiny' indeed. Hopefully this goes ... somewhere.

@Wolvenworks Far from an expert, my guess would be - hon-kin-shi should mean real-gold-thread. I think teoshi is something about handmade or somesuch.

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks

Literally, like "Thread with liquid gold applied by hand". I generally try to translate everything I can, but this series has so much that just doesn't translate well that I sometimes end up romanizing things because there's no accepted English word or name for them.

Wait, was it them, and they don't know it because they don't realize how fast people age compared to them?

Dex-chan lover
Her full human form is cute. I also want to see Osaki chan in human form too.

Dex-chan lover
@AAASSS1 Hard to say. There's more than one Inari shrine as I recall, and it could have also been fox girls from this one we haven't even seen yet that found her that time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure there isn't anything more to that little backstory reveal, but that was fun.

@AAASSS1
Based on context with the whole destiny line, it probably was Tama and Osaki who found her.

Considering how ditzy they were they probably don’t remember or recognize her after a decade or so

@Axalon i think "handmade gold thread" would have summed it up pretty well, since she asks for silver of the same kind afterwards.

Was Inari-Okami-sama watching some Gundam there? That looks an awful lot like Axis on her screen, so it could be Zeta, Double Zeta, or Char's Counterattack.

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks I was wondering the same... And this page was the only hit on Google. XD

But the sidebar notes two pages later on page 6 explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread