Hikizan Tautology - Ch. 54 - Proof of Substance

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translation. It's fantastic work as always.
I wonder how things around Himawari will play out. Is this her realizing her mistakes so she can start to become a better person. Or was the line "I'm barely ever hit anyway" a flag raised for even more fucked up things to come?

Dex-chan lover
Himawari is spiraling badly, damn. Like sure other people have it worse but that does not mean you have it good if your mom yells at you when she's feeling bad and you get hit only once in a while then you're still getting yelled at for no good reason and still getting hit.

This is the exact kind of reasoning that leads to very bad decisions but hey girl go nuts! break stuff! you'll see that the end of the road it's not about having it bad or worse it's about having people who you can actually trust and I do believe she's got those in yurika and Minamo. We'll just have to see just how badly she spirals downwards first.

its not a competition on who has the worst life, this chapter is really good at showing the kind of negative spiral some people can end in, the fact other people are in worst situations, or that they react in "better" ways, doesn't make your feelings less valid or wrong, is so easy to make youself think that you're exagerating or being ungrateful just because "it could be worse" and is the worst, everyone has their problems and their ways to deal with them, poor himawari is 100% valid and i feel so bad for her

Dex-chan lover
Ah.... The good ol' fashioned "my problems aren't as serious as theirs so I'm a bad person for complaining and acting out".

No, a problem is a problem. And as all problems, you should address them with the concerned people. Holding it in, letting it fester like an infected wound will only bring pain for everyone involved...

But, what do I say... It's a manga. Of course it's gonna get worse before it gets better 😒

Group Leader
This was around where I really sympathized with Himawari. Her self-loathing coming to a point, lashing out irrationally, digging her hole deeper as she downplays the very real issues she's suffering from. The final monologue resonates. Refusing to seek help because she doesn't believe she deserves it like others do, punishing herself for even considering it.

The difference she won't acknowledge is the support network they have. Minamo has a supportive family, even if they're dysfunctional. Sensei isn't alone either. Himawari has no one she's comfortable letting in; she just tries to escape. Yurika's the closest, but that's extremely complicated and mostly comes back to inadvertently make Himawari feel worse about herself. Her rapport with Minamo is great but a bit too late. I know this arc is controversial but Himawari's one of my favorites.

Group Leader
This hits painfully close to home. Recognizing others in worse situations than yourself while still persevering makes you feel guilt for having your own worries that aren't as severe, festering into depression and self-hatred.

Dex-chan lover
Woo! Himawari's spiral at the end there do be a mood, especially when your around others who are dealing with super serious shit you end up feeling bad about feeling bad from the not as bad but still bad stuff in your life, sucks to deal with. Anyways I really like how Himawari got Minamo to open up about her family, it feels like that's going to start allowing for there to be more discussion there about Minamo's family and the problems they are dealing with, including the complicated mess that is their father (like how Minamo got mad at how Yurika got groomed, but she's denying the actions of her own dad, and I still believe that's definitely going to be a major step for her character at some point and that she has to admit he has some good qualities and some very bad ones and that its caused her life to be so hard to deal with).

Anyways I've tried Maiden and Spell a bit cause I got it in a game bundle, was cute, really should try to play it again. If you're looking for more bullet hells I recommend The Void Rains Upon Her Heart, it's great

Group Leader
Anyways I've tried Maiden and Spell a bit cause I got it in a game bundle, was cute, really should try to play it again. If you're looking for more bullet hells I recommend The Void Rains Upon Her Heart, it's great
Oh yeah that one's on the list. I was able to beat 6 of the 8 true magnuses for maiden and spell (dark and fire makes me want to die). Last command was a really unique take on bullet hells which i would reccommend if you haven't played yet (story is kind of whatever for me but the gameplay's really fun). Anyways, am interested in void cause roguelikes get me going so I'll see once I beat itta.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the upload.
This series is honestly amazing. The amount of serious topics is has cover already and the way it deal with each with the perfect depth and seriousness. The conversations are never pointless or empty. Sure, i get a bit impatient because i want Minamo to be with Yurika soon, but still, is really well written with a steady and realistic progression while developing different characters and their stories in a manner that is not messy and is so satisfying.

Dex-chan lover
Although there are some lines that might indicate abuse, I believe the case is: Himawari is dealing with depression, and her mom is suffering from "depression is for wussies" syndrome. As some people have commented here, believing yourself to be unworthy of help because you "have it good" is a classic sign of the condition, and having those who should support - mom - acting like you are just ungrateful for having it good just boost it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation and upload!
I didn't expect my heart to get torn when I decided to binge read this ;-;
Then again I probably should've realized when I saw the aaaaaangst and drama tags on dynasty haha
Definitely gonna be a favorite now going onwards. Lots of complexity! I love it :D

Users who are viewing this thread