Hikizan Tautology - Ch. 54 - Proof of Substance

Double-page supporter
A bunch of people have already put what I think perfectly before me so I'll just say that man, I really like this manga, hope to get more stuff like this in the romance genre, I need more of that character focus instead of tropes, really good stuff

Dex-chan lover
Sad part, telling important past stoey of main character in support character arc. Or... Minamo is not main character anymore? It's kinda sad, just like that manga.

Dex-chan lover
This was around where I really sympathized with Himawari. Her self-loathing coming to a point, lashing out irrationally, digging her hole deeper as she downplays the very real issues she's suffering from. The final monologue resonates. Refusing to seek help because she doesn't believe she deserves it like others do, punishing herself for even considering it.

The difference she won't acknowledge is the support network they have. Minamo has a supportive family, even if they're dysfunctional. Sensei isn't alone either. Himawari has no one she's comfortable letting in; she just tries to escape. Yurika's the closest, but that's extremely complicated and mostly comes back to inadvertently make Himawari feel worse about herself. Her rapport with Minamo is great but a bit too late. I know this arc is controversial but Himawari's one of my favorites.
Fully agree. I’m starting to really like her character. Don’t get me wrong; She’s been horrible to pretty much everyone around her. But that spiral of self-destructive behavior and self-loathing is painfully relatable.

As they say, “hurt people hurt people.”

Wow, literally me, thankfully I simply became a warmonger, I feel the rage and I understand it, And I understand being calm is better. Yet, everyday its like a nuke about to explode, its either nothingness or boiling rage.

Even while writing this comment I feel mad. I realized I need to stop thinking and simplify life.

Didn't expect being connected to a character, first time, hoping all the best to the author

Group Leader
So uh, nobody's mentioned it here yet so I might as well.

(asked my translator about this) Masatsuka attempted suicide a week or so ago and will be in a mental hospital for 3 months. I'll put it in the credits for the next translation but I'm not sure when we'll get to it so might as well say this here. Please support the author if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread