Hikyouiku kara Nigetai Watashi

gonna be dropping this bc i cannot handle how little the mc cares about fls consent

This whole manga has really r*pey vibes to it and is super messed up the FL finally get's her freedom just for the prince to force her back and keep forcing her back after every escape and although he hasn't r*ped her yet (thank god) he's violated her in other ways meanwhile everyone else is super nonchalant about it and are like "I hope you find love with the prince" "You're the perfect person for this role" "You don't get a choice do your best" meanwhile she's literally crying and trying to force her way from the palace -1000/10 would not recommend to anyone.

Double-page supporter
Bluerrghh, this is not "comedy" at all, it's just frustrating. The only reason I'm still reading is that according to raw they seem to eventually start out MC's grievance and not just treating it as "oh you silly girl", and I want to know if this mess is ever resolved nicely.
Apparently Leti originally was happy about the engagement, and likes the prince just fine, but her hatred for the princess training overrides all the good feelings she had for the prince.

Pay Attention to the psycological tag, this is the story of a tortured girl being denied happines by everyone around her. It's horrible, dont read it if you're not ready for such a thing. Wait till the translation is complete and someone can confirm you that the ending is in one way or another satisfying. Reading it and getting a cliff hanger is quite dreadful.
Honestly if it wasnt portrayed so comically it would probably be a good psycological horror story, but the art style and writing hide the true nature of it till it's too late nad you're stabbed in the back.

@Rygaran OOOFFF
that's pretty hurts warning right there

I didn't get it why someone said that's this manga didn't have any 'comedy', the comedy itself come from the FL absurd behavior when the psycological came from the prince that you can tell, yep! HE'S FUCKING DAMN OBSESSIVE

@TheLaidBackMan

It has comedy and it's funny at some parts, it's just that, in my opinion, when i read it the obsesive behaviour of the prince felt too disturbing, so much that i wanted to warn people of that. If you enjoy it, great! But to me it felt very uncomfortable the way it was portrayed.

Yeah I gotta give a hard pass on this one... it's too fridge horror, imo. It's played for laughs but if you forget that for even a second you're hit with the realization of how rapey it is. It's really sad because the FL is incredible! She seems like the only sane human in a world gone mad.

Again it's clearly meant to be played for laughs but that can only go so far, and the absolute disregard for the FL's desires is frankly disturbing.

People are pissed at the ML trying to seduce the FL pretending that she didnt send an ARMY of people to do the same to him according to chapter 2. The comedy hinges on irreverence for the steryotypes of the genre, interplay of values of: resignation-temptation/accusation-knowing people have multiple motivations-resolve; deciding things on your own-pushing your feeling onto others-communicating your feelings. In the west we tend to emphasize characters getting eachother(being perceptive), in the east they tend to emphasize misunderstandings(often causing the plot tension). We also solve riddles in a chronologically different way resolving new ideas differently, a japanese counter argument to suicide that you might read is, for a character contemplating it, to eat and confirm that their body indeed wants to live by food easing their hunger, stockholm syndrome is a joke in that mindset. And theres a point to it, how is stockholm syndrome different from saying people who are bad are completely unlikable so there needs to be an arcane psychological reason for their victims who deal with them on a day to day basis and end up getting along with them, given that the villains personalities can't be enjoyable. This audience might not accept the FL being indecisive about whether or not she likes the ML in later chapters due to the 2nd chapter establishing that she never thought about it ealier in their relationship while forgetting in the same chapter that she tried to seduce him away from her earlier in their relationship and now he is trying to seduce her to him. It isnt a stockholm thing thats too western its more of a counter argument to suicide thing compounded by miscomunications. Its all tropey jokes playing with these concepts and its only going to get more tropey when the yandere comes in. The complaining is litterally getting in the way of learning about a foriegn culture and their tropes here. Turning off your brain would be better than complaining, because at least then you wouldnt be spamming up the comments section which otherwise might clue in less biggoted readers who want to learn whats going on.

In case you're curious about an example trope: The FL's argument against being queen and taking the training is something a free-loader would say, that was supposed to be the big hint that she's being selfish and has no resolve. Without that insight its still sad so many commentors agree with her :( We used to hate the old aristocracy who constantly vacationed in italy on the rent of the working class who were bound to their land by poverty.

Dex-chan lover
Really great premise, absolute dog-shit execution because MC loves the prince yet at the same time absolutely hates the princess lifestyle so she just ends up at the castle in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I don't have any problem with the whole "I'll make you mine whether you like it or not, because I'm the prince and no one can stop me" bishounen archetype, because people can like whatever you want. BUT the fact that the MC just falls in love after a single glance despite knowing him for 10 years and despite him being the reason why she was FORCED into 10 YEARS of princess training is what I really hate.

I want the heroine to kill herself greek mythology style. Then we could watch the prince suffering from guilt. But Alas it’s not it’s basically a kidnapping story

One cultures comedy is another cultures physiological horror.

I read @laudys comment before starting the story, so I went in trying to see the subtle messages of the story that showed what the author was trying to say, and the small comments that showed the tropes I was supposed to keep in mind. In the end though it's just too uncomfortable for me.
I can't help but feel sorry for the FL and be scared at how everyone around her is ignoring her feelings. If it had a different tone I could enjoy it as a thriller, but I know how it will end. I hope in the future fewer people romanticize about this kind of creepy scenario. But I'll just accept other people think differently.

This only works because of he is ml and she is fl. But yeah, other ppl will find this too creepy. For me, what i saw is desperation of prince who held back for so long as the fl is too dense. Maybe he tried to be normal before but fl just don't get it and he snapped, bring it to the extreme and thankfully this is a comedy theme manga that appropriate for teens age. Somehow i enjoyed this, the princess training was kinda harsh but i think it as hard exam preparation, like u do cram after school and not really having a life except study, lol. But in the end, she got free from it (yes, that feeling when i got graduate from college is the best, no more exams!!😂)

I give this 8/10, and no, i don't enjoy kidnapping in real life (idk though if i get kidnapped by a handsome looking prince live in a castle with countryside theme, eating delicious 5-star hotel everyday, no need to be worry with clothing and basic necessities...wait, on the second thought..my dear prince where are youuuu)

Users who are viewing this thread