Hime Kishi wa Barbaroi no Yome - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Searching it up in a dictionary produces this real world expression and its given meanings:

下手な考え休むに似たり
- it's hard to tell a poor thinker from a sleeping one
- they to whom only bad ideas come might as well be asleep
- inadequate ideas are worse than none at all

The literal meaning is that thinking poorly and sleeping are similar. In this case, Marsyas is being told that thinking and sleeping are similar. In other words, that agonizing over it in her head won't help.

Searching it up in a dictionary produces this real world expression and its given meanings:

下手な考え休むに似たり
- it's hard to tell a poor thinker from a sleeping one
- they to whom only bad ideas come might as well be asleep
- inadequate ideas are worse than none at all

The literal meaning is that thinking poorly and sleeping are similar. In this case, Marsyas is being told that thinking and sleeping are similar. In other words, that agonizing over it in her head won't help.
Huh. You learn something new every day. The original text was ”何とかの考え休むに似たい” Which was clearly enough to throw me off. I'll have to look out for half-finished idioms more often. At least I got the other one later on.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this is the first time I've seen a non-sexualized bath chapter, with full nudity, in manga. Also, this chapter passes the Bechdel test  with flying colors.

I wish this happened more, but alas, japanese culture has always been problematic.

Edit: for those bonking me in the reactions, I'm just complaining about over-sexualization in manga and giving due credit to this mangaka for how they portray women here.

Last edited:
Contributor
When in Rome, do as the Romans do
Do they even have a Rome in this world?

Wow, this is the first time I've seen a non-sexualized bath chapter, with full nudity, in manga. Also, this chapter passes the Bechdel test  with flying colors.

I wish this happened more, but alas, japanese culture has always been problematic.
Ironic that a manga with the premise of “this knight girl gets abducted by barbarians and slowly gets converted to their side” could be so progressive.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen full censor, mosaic censor, bar censor, etc etc
but never 1/3 censor like this...
Why censor only Sera & leave the other 2 fully open?
Do you want a censored or uncensored bath scene? Make up your mind, author...

Fed-Kun's army
Ironic that a manga with the premise of “this knight girl gets abducted by barbarians and slowly gets converted to their side” could be so progressive.
Germanics were always more socially progressive than their contemporaries. Women's rights, slave rights, duty of hospitality. Even including women's right to divorce, which was seen as a great shame on the husband for failing to keep her happy.

Dex-chan lover
Her going from being a warrior to doing traditionally feminine thing, doesn't need to be seen as less progressive. It's only a bad thing if it leaves her in a bad or worsening state, but she's more relaxed and has less burdens than before. If she's happy with life right now, hopefully it get better even if the worst of times are coming.

VIP
Germanics were always more socially progressive than their contemporaries. Women's rights, slave rights, duty of hospitality. Even including women's right to divorce, which was seen as a great shame on the husband for failing to keep her happy.
i've read this theories somewhere that patriarchal hierarchy usually develop once a culture adapting agriculture. once agriculture developed, man staying in the home more and become involved in home affairs and then evolved into sociocultural value. in non agricultural society like hunter gatherer (like this manga), sea fearer or herders, man spent more time outside of home searching for food, thus home affair generally dominated by woman. so yeah germanics, the mongols, the tatars, or heck even the arabs was historically has more progressive female role in society than say romans at the time.

Double-page supporter
Do they even have a Rome in this world?
From the "Legend" of the Lord of the Rings, the Rome idiom, and the Comonera (Common Era) calendar being the official calendar, I just understood this world as Earth in year 17000+ CE.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wasn’t expecting breasts to be shown. But did they do it in a tasteful none sexual manner.

Users who are viewing this thread