Hime Kishi wa Barbaroi no Yome

D

Deleted member 247947

Can't believe this got serialized! Weird manga that it is, the drawing style's great, I hope to see more of it

It seems pretty cool. But no matter how much in love the FMC will somehow be with that warrior, she will be marrying a man that kills the soldiers that she fought along side. So I guess that this does make her some kind of traitor.

Dex-chan lover
A solid story. Looking forward to the romance plot to progress, I hope it doesn't stagnate in favor of dragging out runtime.

Contributor
The manga has been licensed by Kodansha in their K Manga app. They even have up to chapter 28, eclipsing current scans.

However, since the app is shit and you’d have to pay $32 to read the whole series… yeah.

Dex-chan lover
This is an adventure manga in the level of Bard Loen and Frieren.
The manga has been licensed by Kodansha in their K Manga app. They even have up to chapter 28, eclipsing current scans.

However, since the app is shit and you’d have to pay $32 to read the whole series… yeah.
XD

Dex-chan lover
Stockholm syndrome: the series.

It pisses me off that she doesn't give a shit about how her comrades were killed by her abductor right before her eyes.

Double-page supporter

It pisses me off that she doesn't give a shit about how her comrades were killed by her abductor right before her eyes.
Neither side is without bloodshed, specially her country given how they keep taking lands from the natives of the land for purely greed, because they don't even care to help their own people and ruin the land by destroying the ecosystem.

Also she has been treated with respect for being who she is, compared to how other nobles in her own country look down on her for being a knight, in this place people respect her for being a warrior something she herself is proud of.

At the end of the day it is war and they are merely protecting their land and way of life, they don't want to fight them but they do because not fighting would mean the destruction of their world at the hands of those nobles who keep instigating these conflicts.

The truth is that she has found a place where she can be herself truly, where being a warrior and a woman aren't mutually exclusive, because do you think she could be both where she came from?

Veur treats her with respect and admires her as a warrior, and obviously finds her attractive as a woman, look at what she herself says her future would if she were to return, she would a second wife, never allowed to pick up her sword again, relegated to a life she doesn't want, hidden from the world in some palace, likely forgotten and shunned, while in the West lands she is respected, admired, seen as an equal by everyone else, she can live her life as she desires, she is not forced to choose either being a warrior or a woman, when offered a better life I think most would choose it

Dex-chan lover
Such an underrated series. Can’t believe this is only a 7 on MAL

I...
I need to rant about this manga. The thought that just keep repeating in my head for 3 days now since I finished reading it, it just keep appearing just through whole day.

SPOILER WARNING

Ok to give short summary. Main Heroine is defeated in battle since her sword couldn't hold to the power of her opponent and got taken prison. When she wakes up she is told she will be marrying Son of the Chief of the Barbarians. Fearing she will be raped, she is told that rape is bad in the barbarian culture and guy want to marry her out of love at first fight... Weird a bit but yes, he felt in love and thought she is best woman for him because of her strength.||

So this goes like normal romance between enemies turn lovers. Nothing would be wrong... If ... If not for one fact that just make my stomach turn. I will just Highlight that I like this manga and give it as of right now 8/10.

But, this one thing is ... This whole romance is basically romantic Stockholm syndrome to some extend. And the thing that basically triggered this in me to constantly think about it, is that Heroine is willing to sacrifice wellbeing of people of her country, which suffer from food shortage, drought and other things for her own happiness. This fact goes even worse when we learn that a person who she respect greatly, that was presumably dead, was in fact alive and just decided to stay at Barbarian clans to live her happy life. Which just made Heroine go further that road... WHICH GOES EVEN WORSE, when we learn that the respected person is SIBLING of the King of the Country Heroine is part of, resulting in King now fighting Barbarians not for prosperity for his country, but out of pure hatred, resulting in further conflict! And the same goes for family of main Heroine! There are also other friends of Main Heroine who also decided to settle with barbarians after they were kidnapped years ago, making Heroine think they were all dead.

Oh but maybe she could escape if she is so strong? Well, tough luck because area where Barbarians live, despite it bountiful resources, it's surrounded by dangerous monsters, so you are either choosing to try to escape with high chance of dying from monster or accept being groomed into being in love with your captors. Which just add more fuckery to this whole thing.

Which just make this feeling of sore point WORSE and just make me think about this constatly! I know it's comedy, romance etc... But this thing just make me feel such .... UGH! Undescribeable feeling that constantly fills my mind!

[/ISPOILER]

As I said, Manga is 8/10 but GOD this point just make me have love/hate relationship with this manga.

The One shot of this manga is even worse for this feeling.

While Comrades are not as bad, since she knows that in fight people die...

I'm more concern of her throwing away CIVILANS well being, sicne we know they have drought and shortage of food, while she is having good time, along with others who decide to stay.

The Sister of King is even worse, because if she knew how her brother act, She is responsible as well for constant fighting as the Brother at this point is fighting Barbarians out of spite for 'Killing' his Sister, who is in fact alive and give birth to a kid, living happily. She basically pushed her Brother into creating constant fight while she enjoyes herself.

However unrealistic it is in the story the barbarians are fighting back without any evident malice, they view the fight and even their own deaths as part of their culture. The only ones who have a malicious will and hatred for their enemy is Sera's people. She realizes it was senseless, founded on ignorance, and deliberate dehumanization of the enemy.

Sera understand that the barbarians choose to fight and die as a way of life, she understands that her own people went into battle willingly; knowing they could be killed. She knows that the root of it was their desire to take away from others to better their own situation. She knows that the barbarians didn't kill her troops out of hatred. She has a 'warrior code' and views a the outcome of a fair fight, even if it's the death of her troops, and natural and not a disgrace; thought we could probably assume from what we know of her character that she is saddened by the loss of life. Sera probably realizes that is very similar to how the barbarian warriors see things. She has ideals in common with Veor, there's mutual admiration, they're both kind to eachother and share interests, she likes the places and the people and what she has seen of the way of life. Not surprising she's falling for it all.

So no ones acknowledging the fact thats MC is marrying her nephew?????
1. I am not sure it has ever been clear that the older princess was related by blood, IIRC she was the royal family (obviously) while Sera was some related high nobility family. Someone correct me if I am wrong, my memory on the subject is hazy.

2. Even if she was actually Sera's older sister it's totally fine to marry hot aunts, especially when you're in a roughly early middle ages fantasy.

I strongly dislike the manga. It commences with the female protagonist being abducted and forced into becoming the 'wife' of the male lead. I didn't know what to expect, but the handling of the entire situation in the manga makes me cringe. It portrays an odd narrative where kidnapped women are depicted as wearing collars indefinitely, while idealizing the notion of them transforming into subservient housewives who bear children for the males. Firstly, I found it unsettling how readily the female characters adapt to this arrangement. Secondly, the manga excessively glorifies the 'Barbarian' faction, portraying them as virtuous despite their evident practice of kidnapping and forced marriage. Overall, the manga presents a perplexing and poorly portrayed narrative. The ease with which the female protagonist complies with her situation is particularly troubling.

If you're looking for good character development, this manga isn't the one. Just turn off your brain.

Contributor

Short update: now the series is licensed for volume release.

I’m sort of surprised that Seven Seas is picking up something Kodansha initially licensed, but this does have precedence (they published print versions of Tokyo Revengers because Kodansha didn’t want to deal with the whole swastika thing) and I guess it makes sense here (see: the bathing scenes where the protagonist has a very visible bush)

Users who are viewing this thread