Himenospia

freedom of speech isnt attacked when a website sets up its own guidelines and regulates its content. yall are kinda dumb

@Zephyrus

Thanks for the answer.

Anyway, my2cents on the matter but "freedom of speech" has become a convenient excuse. It's a basic right and no one argues against it (except dictators), but promoting hate speech and other bitter crap and then sounding indignant when called out for it because "I'm free to say whatever I want" is just lame. There's freedom of speech, and there's basic decency.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I'm pretty sure that people are mixing up the (US) First Amendment and free speech in general. Mangadex is a privately owned website and as the First Amendment generally applies to public places only, Mangadex cannot violate it no matter what they do. However, not violating the First Amendment is not the same as not restricting someone's free speech. Furthermore, in US legal law, generally, hate speech is covered under free speech laws. Only outright obscene speech is not considered free speech or things like lying or obvious death threats.

One reason for hate speech not being legally restricted is that it's hopelessly vague. Is the statement "I hate people of color and hope that they burn" hate speech? What about the phrase "I hate white people and hope that they burn"? Assuming all people are equal, both statements must be either equally hate speech or not hate speech. However, only the former is generally considered offensive. As a minority, I find this laughably inconsistent.

Basically, Mangadex did restrict free speech, but it's their right to do so is my position. Ultimately, it's up to the actions of people offended to either act upon this or to not act upon this.

Double-page supporter
I didn't expect the stomping in chapter 9, like totally!

Since comments have been disabled (again) for the most recent chapter, I guess I'll write it here - thanks @Rapeman for Chapter 9, keep up the good work. :)

Fed-Kun's army
@Rapeman thanks for the chapter.

and people are so childish that they got butthurt over mean words on the internet getting entire chapters deleted and even removing credit page.

also imagine protecting a pirate site of feelings, lmfao.

It's perfectly fine for Mangadex to distance itself from white supremacist terrorism, or groups/individuals entertained by it. It's a privately-owned website, not a government. Free speech absolutists can suck it.

Dex-chan lover
Can't post on chapter 9, so I'll post here.

Thanks for translating! Also, this girl really can control half of the world. Haha.

Pretty good manga, this author sure likes the bug thing though.

A shame that the discussion is being ruined by all this shitposting, it's obvious that Rapeman is just doing it to piss people off and it's clearly working.
Everybody just shut up and agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread