Hina no Mama ja Dame desu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Is it bad to look at you with perv eyes?

Dex-chan lover
Speaking as a single father, there is some truth to this. On the other hand, holy shit what kind of relationship do they have that this situation can't be immediately resolved while retaining everyone's dignity?
Pubescent girls are difficult and weird, but surely once the topic has been broached it should be easier rather than more difficult.
Although I must add that dealing with bras is significantly more difficult than periods, as a dad.

Dex-chan lover
lol is it rly that common to sneak a peak? i'd think there'd be a teacher supervising them if not to tell them to hurry up

and that affair thought seems outta nowhere? unless there was implied issues with his parents before

Dex-chan lover
why the denial again? i thought we past this stage few chapter before. The part where she doesn't want to grow.
even if the supplies were 'prepared' by another adult woman it does seem like it'd be invading her privacy if she thinks her dad's going around asking other ppl's mom for 'help' with that/i don't think she'll get over her issues that much even if she's ok with some friends knowing

Dex-chan lover
Hina, bubuleh, you gotta start trusting your dad more. He's gone the extra mile here (though I do think Daichi's mom is right and that he went a little too "extra" here).🥲

Dex-chan lover
fym you “don’t need it”? You literally do.
feels like the school should help prep for that too, like stocking the bathroom and stuff ( i vaguely remember when we started learning about puberty and stuff [for some reason we were split by boys and girls and watching diff vids but other than the immaturity, watching them both together would've been better in the long run XP], and we actually got some 'samples'/a couple free pads)

Tho i'm surprised some ppl haven't thought something like 'it'd be weird if you weren't on your period already', it's diff for everyone of course but you can get your period as young as like 8-9 and if hina's in 5th grade she's like 11-12

Dex-chan lover
tere.png

pfft hahaha...

All the girls are drawn cute, but the kid's mom has a pretty eye catching design for such a bit character.

Power Uploader
Being a single dad is though, even tougher in certain areas than it is for single moms. This being a good example of that.

MD@Home
2 chapters to go.

Not much of the boys side of the story, but nice to see the normal "compare if you have hair already" thing.

Some nice Daichi Hina moments, but can dad manage to get through to his daughter?

Dex-chan lover
Nearing the end makes me sad, but I love how this has been written. Pretty relatable stuff to how scary or funny growing up can be.

Dex-chan lover
feels like the school should help prep for that too, like stocking the bathroom and stuff ( i vaguely remember when we started learning about puberty and stuff [for some reason we were split by boys and girls and watching diff vids but other than the immaturity, watching them both together would've been better in the long run XP], and we actually got some 'samples'/a couple free pads)

Tho i'm surprised some ppl haven't thought something like 'it'd be weird if you weren't on your period already', it's diff for everyone of course but you can get your period as young as like 8-9 and if hina's in 5th grade she's like 11-12
we got that kind of lesson only after getting into middle school

Group Leader
Speaking as a single father, there is some truth to this. On the other hand, holy shit what kind of relationship do they have that this situation can't be immediately resolved while retaining everyone's dignity?
Pubescent girls are difficult and weird, but surely once the topic has been broached it should be easier rather than more difficult.
Although I must add that dealing with bras is significantly more difficult than periods, as a dad.
Problem here, at least in my view, is that the dad really didn't try to properly broach the subject before, y'know, getting all these items and dumping them on Hina.
Of course he's very well intentioned but I can see why Hina would be weirded out from that when she's not even willing to tell him she's on her period.
That's kinda been the running problem in their family since the start of the manga, the father just doesn't communicate very much with Hina at an age where Hina feels like she doesn't have anyone to turn to for these problems (remember Hina did all that insane stuff because she thought her father was poor just because he never told her he just enjoys being frugal), and that's widening the rift between them.

What the 2 need is an honest heart to heart, which so far Hina hasn't allowed to happen but the father should really sit her down and force her (as in, don't let her just run away) to at least listen to his side of the story so she cna comprehend these changes are normal and that he's not going to see her differently or anything, because that's really what she's scared of, change.

Basically, it's time for him to put his foot down and tell Hina like it is (not aggressively, but just make her listen to reason), because this is also for the sake of her health and future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread