Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - The Sword That's Waiting For It's Master

I think the hero in past life is john. In order to save soldier john he go to memories dungeon again. So it's time loop.

Dex-chan lover
John was dumb here, this is the time you fake trying to pull the sword and just leave...

Double-page supporter
Interesting. It's like an NG+ but different by the fact that the in-game character has memories of his past life. You wouldn't expect static things to change (like who the hero is), but the butterfly effect is pretty cool.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadKinginHell
An interesting thought but Kelkeiro was by John's side when the Hero used his power to save everyone in the Flashback for Chapter 8.
Kelkeiro also dies to the Demon that slaughtered John's village, so he's dead by the time the Hero kills the Demon King.

So unless we get time travel shenanigans aside from reincarnation, doesn't seem like he can be in two places at once.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Not really. Even if he did suspect he could do it for some reason, why wouldn't he? Why wouldn't he want the power of the hero that they desperately needed when the demons attacked?

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia
Because of the butterfly effect. Small alterations like the ones Jonh is already causing result in large ramifications but big alterations, like the hero not getting the sword, result in irreparable damage.
As it goes the hero from the previous life will be a force they are not going to have because Jonh took the sword right now and Jonh do not need the sword to be powerfull.
The result will be one less really valuable ally for when the demons attack if they attack at all with all the modifications being made.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Well, it seemed like the power mostly came from the sword itself, that power to purify demons but not effect humans. And the hero's allies are probably gonna remain the same since he basically already met two. If he gains power equivalent to what the hero had, what's so bad about the original hero not getting it? And he's already determined to change the future, cause the original future is shit enough. Yes, the butterfly effect exists...but it can work in both ways, not everything will result in something bad. In this case it's more likely to save more lives and result in more good.
There is always two sides to a coin. If you know the future, fucking change it! If he wants to stop the raid at the capital, he's gonna need this power. The hero doesn't matter, it's this power that kills the demon king in the end. If you're talking about him stealing the glory of the rightful hero or something...I think the lives of millions of people are more important.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia
Hard to say if your conclusion is correct because we don't know the ramifications of the changes the MC made so far but I can tell you one thing for sure: The hero not existing means one less really powerful entity that could be working in tandem with the MC to save even more people (you know with the having 2 really competent fighters instead of just one, or in this case one more powerful party). By not having the hero more people will die than if the hero existed.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Maybe the power will add to the MC's already existing power, not stack it. The hero can still be strong in his own right, and the MC can also be. It just depends on who is utilizing the power of the sword. Their own strength is still their own. If that is the case then the person who knows when and where the attacks are gonna be and has personally fought with the demons should take charge of this power. Like a detonator. Give the person who has more play time and and can survive longer the detonator in Arma cause he will use it at the optimal time and place (unless he has a shitty internet connection...we're never making that mistake again).

The sword is similar I believe. The glimpses of its power feels like it's a weapon that carries it's own unique power that purifies demons. He just needs to use it at the right places. Not wait till half the world is dead before showing up. (No matter what you tell me, him pretending he can't use the sword or just leaving it since he's not the rightful owner feels like the most stupidest answer here...you can't tell me otherwise. Come on, are you telling me you won't pull out your hairs in frustration if the MC decides to do that? I don't believe you.)

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia
You may not believe but I tell you I'm more disappointed with him taking the sword because that is not the smart nor best move to make.
One thing that I agree with you is that the sword will make him more powerful, what I disagree is that it is needed. He already have Farenna (name likely wrong) and the knowledge from the future, he would be best as a tactician in the back line than as a hero if we are to place such value on this knowledge of the future making him have the sword a loss. There is also that from the changes he has already made taking the sword is the only one that can be seen as big and cause drastic change to the future which invalidates his biggest advantage that is knowing what is going to happen and when.

Taking the sword may see as a good thing but that is short term vision in a situation that must be seen from the bigger picture of 15 years from now at all times to reach the best possible result.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Yes, he knows the future. Why does he need to be a tactician and waste his strength when he can literally just tell someone about every move that the enemy made in his previous life? He told his father who is a well known and respected individual so it's likely his words will be heard more so his father ought to be the tactician instead cause he knows everything from his son...and even then I feel that's a huge waste of strength that could be used on the battlefield instead.
If you can't tell, MC is not really the tactical genius, his classmate is better suited for it, so only his knowledge of the future will come in use...but what use is it when you're changing that same future? (And not changing the future is even worse cause that would mean just letting people die.)

And Ferena doesn't make him all powerful. I don't think he even reached the level of strength he had in his previous life yet. Didn't you see? A couple of guys got the power from contracts but that only made them slightly exceptional soldiers in front of the truly powerful beings.

Why do you have so much faith that Farena can give him the power required to literally fight against the full force of the demons that attacked the capital? (Cause that was the MC's goal, to save the capital, and you already saw that all the higher ranked demons came together with a hoard of monsters to introduce themselves there. They didn't personally get involved at that time so the later battles may look like it had bigger casualties and more firepower involved...but I believe that at that time in the capital there was the most hopeless and dangerous situation ever even compared to the countless supernatural battles they had after that.)

You don't want him to make any drastic change when his main goal is to completely turn the very deciding factor of the future over it's head? Yea, you're completely on the wrong page here mate. The future in the MC's last life was undetermined, but you want him to follow closely to it cause in the end they still won, that is the single thing that is determined. The MC changing this future will make everything undetermined again, even their winning of the battle...that's the risk I believe he should take cause he is one of the only people who can anticipate their attacks right now. So why not let it be an unknown future again? Cause even though they won last time, they lost a lot too. He's taking a gamble, risking the win but if they do win this time they're gonna save a lot more lives. (But yea, everything can fall on its head too...but that's the risk in gambling. What matters is that the odds are with him this time...not counting in the unknown factors.)

Anyway, gambling on the previous future would also be a shitty move cause that was a really close call last time. If one thing is out of place; if the demons get one single more advantage this time they'll probably win (the MC was sent back to the past, who's to say he's the only thing that's changed in this timeline?). The MC should opt for overwhelming strength to increase their chances of victory...and that's what he has been doing.
This sword thing is one of the unknown factors in this gamble that I mentioned and you're right, this can either be a blessing or a curse depending on the results...but right now I truly believe his chances of saving the capital is nil even with Ferena cause DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT LINE-UP!?!? He only just killed a dragon, but it seems a single demon is way more powerful than even that dragon cause adult blondie died in an instant to that demon that attacked his village (and we have to assume blonde boy killed the dragon as planned when he was younger in his previous life too).

I was wondering how he will save the capital before the sword was even brought up, cause it didn't seem like he had nearly the strength to pull it off, I was waiting for a miracle or lucky encounter to happen to him and voila! When I saw the sword I immediately thought, "so that's how!" Cause that was the only answer I could think of that seemed like it had a chance of pulling it off...saving the capital I mean.

omg he the hero wowowo sugoi who could have expected this amazing twist 10/10 truly incredible

get me out

Contributor
Congratulations, you are now formally the hero of your own story.
inb4 he pretends he couldn't pull it out

Users who are viewing this thread