His Majesty's Proposal

Group Leader
If (like me) you're a fan of the noble transmigrant genre, this is passable. Not the worst, not the best, has its moments.

Kind of a pattern I've noticed - the more mediocre princess stories tend to have a gimmick they don't lean into. In this case the gimmick is "I was a cantankerous old lady reborn as an aristocrat." This becomes less and less relevant as the story continues, with her acting less like a bitter old Korean granny and more like your average reincarnated girl who wants to fall in love. The swearing old lady pops out occasionally, but it's easy to forget that's even the gimmick.

The emperor is pretty cute imo, but the politics are so shallow, I don't think the writer should have bothered.
The noble faction demands the commoners kill themselves for being disrespectful- a snarky comeback from the commoner faction is :/ and the emperor acting like this is a petty squabble is :/// and the emperor saying "i want to give every child in the slums a sled" like if you have the power to do that, you have the power to address your child-slum problem.
It's not problematic, it's just annoying when politics is included just to show how evil or saintly someone is.

And this is a personal thing, but honestly? After who knows how many Korean webtoons I've read, with how frequent and so very specific mommy issues come up... I gotta side eye "my children abandoned me for no reason." Like. Are you sure.

Fed-Kun's army
For people who wanna continue reading, this has been published in English on WEBTOON. It is free to read and it has been completed. As of today it you can read the whole thing but as of May 25, 2023 they’re going to change it to a daily free comic. There is 103 chapters. Happy reading.

Users who are viewing this thread