Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - A Deep-Rooted Feeling

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of whether the prez is more 'fleshed out' or whatever in the LN compared to the manga, I feel the outrage is more because of the story premise being "I'm an OP loner type character", but for the last tens of chapters all we see is the MC NOT being a loner, and it just so happens the primary cause of this is the prez keeping him grounded for reasons I'm still not clear on.

Dex-chan lover
After arriving at the scene with the Guild master and Ms Prez, they were staring blankly for an unbelievable things on their front.
Not because someone was beaten up a hordes of womanizing orcs, because they saw them as an opportunity to party all night.
They can had a BBQ of orc partying with the whole town. This was so festive

An I missing something, how is he so strong? It doesn’t make much sense considering how abilities

@GodGinrai Both.
A8aQ5VN.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Did anyone rose think the translation war a lot more rough thus chapter?

Group Leader
@Akaeie

There's a few things. First, I believe those mushrooms he's been eating constantly are giving him
permanent stat increases.
There's a funny scene in the recent translated novel parts where he loses his MIND when he finds out the local general store now has Soy Sauce. The shopkeep is weirded out until he offers to pay in mushrooms, at which point she loses her mind in the EXACT SAME WAY.

Here's a funny quote from it (chapter 30, takes place before the powerleveling for the Tanaka fight):
I asked questions, interrogated, applied pressure, demanded explanations, did a cross-examination, and got the information, a confession. Now I won’t have to chase her to the edge of a cliff to get the truth. The poster girl is in tears.

It’s the general store from the other day. I’ve been tricked! I’ve been had! I’ve been backstabbed! She didn’t say a thing about soy sauce!

「Now! I know what you are hiding! Bring it out! Right now! Bright it here! It’s no use hiding it! I already know everything! Take it out and I will forgive you! Not!」

「What? What? What is going on? What happened? Eh? The boy from earlier? Isn’t this too much of a personality change? What happened? 」

Looks like she is still trying to play dumb—

「Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! Soy sauce! It’s obviously soy sauce! Where is the soy sauce? Soy sauce! Hurry soy sauce! Hurry up and bring soy sauce! Immediately soy sauce! Soy sauce, right this moment! A soy sauce, please! C’mon, soy sauce! Anyway, soy sauce! 」

「Hey, hey, hey, calm down, you are not like yourself. Weren’t you a completely normal and polite young man just the other day?」

「But it’s soy sauce. Soy. Sauce.」

Just what is she talking about?

「Well, I don’t mind selling it. I’d be rather happy if you buy it. But if we are speaking about all of it, it means whole barrels? The big ones? I have two of them filled almost to the brim. Do you need so much?」

「I’m buying all of it! I will pay in mushrooms!」

I still have plenty of mushrooms. Even after stuffing the item bags for the girls with them, I still have a whole mountain left.

「Mushrooms where! Mushrooms! Hurry mushrooms! Bring them out! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms yet?! Where are the mushrooms?! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Mushrooms!!! 」

Her personality completely changed, are those withdrawal symptoms from mushrooms? Mushrooms addiction? Did I have some kind of dangerous mushroom in the mix? To think she’d lose her cool over some commodity so much, how unsightly.

And he has thousands upon thousands of those mushrooms. "A whole mountain left" after giving entire item bags full to the girls.

The other thing is he's figured out that weapon skills are stupidly powerful BUT they basically force you into an animation lock. If you can dodge -- and he's stupidly good at dodging having multiple movement speed skills that basically have put him to the "can teleport" stage of movement + has gear that increases his ability to dodge -- they're nothing more than an amusing trick.

So the orcs are all rushing forward, doing a weapon skill, and he's just moving out of the way, using high speed movement to accelerate his staff, which is buffed by his magic skill that coats things with magic to make it super hard, and bashing their skulls in. Velocity + Stick that can't be broken = massive damage.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, like, I don't know what the "Truth and Lie" skill does still. His NEET skill seems to make it so he can't have a Job, so he doesn't gain the benefits of leveling like a Mage (i.e., new magic et all), but instead he gains skills in everything he does -- so instead of being restricted to "mage stuff" or "knight stuff" he can do anything... eventually. His Jack of All Trades amplifies with that, seeming to cause him to pick up new skills stupidly fast. And something is screwing with his level number (Dunce skill I think?) which is making him level much more slowly but gain huge benefits when he does. If it's a straight up 10x modifier, he might be level 11 or 12, but has the stats of a level 120.

So... yeah. Power grinding his stats via mushrooms + several weird skills that screw with skill obtaining + having really weird skill combinations = Hard Mode Cheat Skill Haruka.

more and more i hate this bitch prez, left him alone. he just want to be alone. or if u cant. just change the damn title

Group Leader
Yall hating on prez but she's just genuinely concerned. This is on MC for not telling her that he has skills that make him stronger when solo, which is why he fights alone.
If he explained himself and she still kept railing on him it'd be different, but from her perspective one of the classmates that she still feels responsible for just keeps going out on his own for no reason when he could have asked for backup.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, if the "prez is a good girl"-people are trying to troll us, but I'm goated. The class prez is obviously the main antagonist...of the audience. She is out there to trigger us. It is as some already posted. In the beginning she leeched of his ways of survival, but later she just wants to forbid everything, she deems wrong. I do get, that she kinda has a crush on him and her behavior is a mixture of being worried and not wanting him to surpass her, so he is out of her reach. Or worse leaving the group. She dearly wants him to stay around. And she firmly believes she is right, to the contrary what is happening around her. There is a name for that: Believing to be entitled.

She has no right to talk that way to the guy who saved her. He could have told her off, by mentioning, that she was targeted. (A trap-argument) Then she would have told him, that he had no right to go alone as she was targeted and that they should have teamed up, no doubt. (Trap sprung.) And that's when he could have shut her up by telling her, that that was, what that guy was aiming for, and that he would have searched for any survivors of the class afterwards and killed him for sure. So facing and defeating him was his own best chance to stay alive. He is allowed to protect his own life in the way he deems as right. It's his own life, so shut it.

Being genuinely concerned doesn't allow her to mess with his life the way she does. He tries to amass ways to survive in this world and she tries to stop him, efficiently stopping his progress of becoming stronger.

...And she is rude AF.

@KiTA

Close, all but the last part is true. And the last is mostly just to large of a exaggeration. Haruka's continuing biggest trouble in the story is that though he seems to get a lot more stats then everyone else when he levels it's still not enough to make up for his lack of levels. He also notices ...I think....google translate is shit, that he seems to get more stats from a level when he's stuck on it longer, because he seemed to get less when he "rapidly" went up like 3 levels, but one thing that Dunce DOES seem to do is lie about his level. Its not covered in this version but Tanaka thought he was a lower level then he was because apparently Haruka's level is another form of Schrodinger's Cat, it doesn't update until he observes it and he rarely looks at it because it depresses him. Sometimes with how things work for him figuring out what the hell his skills even do it feels like someone intentionally tried to name them as poorly as possible.

@jhaii95

He caaaan.....but to be fair at least in the original he was heading to the forest and a ork came out, so he killed it, then a orc came out, and he killed it.........he just killed them one at a time as they leave the trees so he was only ever fighting one at a time. He just killed too quickly to get into larger then a 1v1 fight.
And this continues until the horde is dead. And he kept going because he was expecting to get some kind of reward for beating his whackamole game with orcs. He doesn't because this wasn't a game he's just a idiot who killed orcs for several hours and got confused that a treasure chest didn't fall from the sky afterwards.

Double-page supporter
@DrHizzle
All he has to do is say "Bitch, leave me alone." And that's it. Her "concern" means fuck-all. Unless they're fucking, married or otherwise related, she has no claim on him. IDGAF how concerned she is.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaargh, fucking man up and tell her you're better off on your own, you absolute faggot MC! You can solo orcs, for Christ's sake, just let her know you appreciate her concern but that you NEED to be alone to survive properly!

Users who are viewing this thread