Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - A Deep-Rooted Feeling

I really don't like this class president, it feels like shes just a bookmark to constantly halt the mcs progress.

Double-page supporter
This manga is on hold for me and I didn't read last 5+ chapters. Could anyone tell me if he still isn't alone, overpowered when he shouldn't and just horrible human being?

I hate the class president character. I feel like the story would have been way better if she wasn't there. Like @Jesotku said, the only thing she does for the story is halt the MC's progress.

Fed-Kun's army
he have all the fun for himself... he will be scolded soon for that 😅

@HomeSlice The character of the class president is somewhat lacking in it's depiction. The book goes into more detail and describes her as a main force to hold the class together. "The only thing she does for the story is halt the MC's progress," is unfortunately a rather fitting summary for the manga version.

In particular, the ratio of how much text/area is spent on his thoughts & actions and the girl's reprimands seems skewed. That might be my memory playing tricks, though...

Dex-chan lover
@feha imo if he didnt want to be involved with all his classmates, he simply wouldn't be. the reason he keeps saving them and hanging out with them is cause he wants to, but hes a good boy/edgy teen who likes playing a loner
prez is a good girl who sees through the facade and plays the bad guy to keep him around
i may be projecting a bit tho

Dex-chan lover
Y'all don't seem to get the most powerful Cane is a "Crowbar" and the most powerful Crowbar wielder killed a god before...
maxresdefault.jpg

Group Leader
So a little explanation here, since there's a rough patch. In the LN when Haruka went to the peddler to buy dungeon stuff, one of the things he was gonna buy was a "Ring of Pheromones" which would "increase affinity with the opposite sex."

Instead of the Class President bumping him and accidentally merging the gear, he just refused to stop haggling until midnight, flat out telling the merchant that "I can keep going all night" to get a discount. IIRC the Class President showed up around then and forced him to give up the ring to bring it down to a proper price. He talks about wanting that darned ring every time things are rough with the girls in his class from then on out.

So his stated goal in dungeon diving is to get one of those rings to make him more appealing to the girls in his class. (And the class president's stated goal is to make sure he never gets one of those rings.)

In the Novel, the Class President is fleshed out a lot more -- she's more of a team mom than anything else, keeping everyone together. And Haruka is uh... insane. Completely oblivious as to how much chaos he causes just running around each day. You're kinda seeing that at the end of this chapter, as he's just idly soloing an Orc King's army and his only comment is "There's just a few too many orcs for this to be called just a few orcs."

Edit: For an example of the insanity, it was recently revealed those mushrooms he's eating and making potions out of and all that?

You know in Dragon Quest games there's stuff like the Seed of Strength that gives you a permanent stat boost? Yeah, those mushrooms are the same thing. He keeps finding them because of his stupidly powerful luck, but they're actually priceless endgame superitems.

And he's using them to make stir fry and healing potion soup.

Dex-chan lover
Was that last page supposed to say something like "Isn't there a few too many to make it 'isn't there a few too many'?" Y'know, a joke about how there's too many of them to even ask that the normal way around? Either way that got a big garbled.

Ah yes. That moment you wipe a mob from an area and only then realize how over leveled you are for that zone.
Yep. Good times, good times.

Double-page supporter
the class president seems oblivous to how useless she is considering at the start her and the others mooched off the otaku bros then off the MC like she seems like a constant drag at the moment slowing down the pace by restricteding the MC's movements for no reason

Fed-Kun's army
they get along and care about him, i wonder what it means to be a loner? it just the MC who likes being alone right? not like everyone hate him and bullies him

Dex-chan lover
He really should just have replied: Because you and the other girls are just drags and would get in the way if I had not go alone.

Damn, spineless coward, literally the only strong one from the group and the reason they are not dead somewhere in the forest but still act all afraid like any of them have some kind of authority over him.

Argh.

Users who are viewing this thread