Hiyumi's Country Road

Contributor
JFsGvBx.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm a sucker for home cooking things. I'm gonna be hungry reading this series, I just know it.

Quirky but charming. The over-zealousness of Hiyumi's character is fun and dynamic, can't wait to see more.

Aggregator gang
take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia,

edit: fuck i didn't notice i was like the 24th gajillionth person to do this very funny joke

This is great!
If anyone's curious, the real name of the town this is based on is Koumi, not the fictional Nakaumi. It's a cute little town in the best prefecture I've been to!

Dex-chan lover
They have to walk a mile to the nearest convenience store? So it's still more urban than Asahigaoka Village in Non Non Biyori, where the closest convenience store (not to be confused with the candy shop) is around an hour or so away by bike.

Double-page supporter
When you grate wasabi like that, are your fingers lethal weapons for hours afterwards?

(I live in New Mexico, where peeling roasted green chile is a regular Fall family activity. Don't touch your eyes!)

I used to have a mulberry tree before we had to cut it down.

Similar in texture to raspberries, stain a bit less than cherries, and have their own nice taste. It's fun to shake the tree to get them to fall down, but you need a big cloth to catch them. Make sure to take out any beetles and ants if you shake though, they can get mixed in. They can grow in a lot of places without much hassle too.

Users who are viewing this thread