Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

@Akemua "Hah, this is already at 8*'s and steadily dropping. When I checked the stats for it, it's not that people are giving it a bad rating, it's just that despite the overwhelming amount of people giving it a 10, the lower numbers such as 6, 7 & 8's seem to account for more of the rating. Welp, IMO it's just a little sad that the ratings aren't as high as I would have expected for this (so far) gem."

I just bumped my 8 rating to 9 on this one, I usually rate pretty conservatively when it comes to 10s, I need at least 15+ great episodes and consistency to bump it to that high.

@PTRB "a bit off-topic, but gyarus, harem, and isekai are all popular when are we getting a gyaru harem isekai? huh?!?!?!?!

@Vincentius "@PTRB That's a damn good question. Fluff is also popular, so why not toss it into the mix, as well?"

Agreed.

While I'm not much of a fan of isekai I think a well done gyaru harem would be interesting and very challenging... but may be hurt by it pandering to too many genres/themes. Hajimete no Gal did a very poor job to me (pretty good at the beginning) into transitioning that way, they kept bringing back the trap (which no straight person reading it are interested, amused, or impressed with) and kept going off track of the two main type of girls (gal vs sadistic tsundere traditional black haired, in this case the tsundere most likely will lose) and a third wheel (childhood friend).

I would hate for these kind of series to devolve into fan-service, but I think if the sales aren't strong in the beginning, then that is what determines if the manga succeeds. Until several types of these succeed, we may all end up with several rehashed stories of the one that does told in different ways that leeches off the success of the initial one that worked.

@John_Doe_Jersey - Lol, I hadn't even rated it until today and that was because I had seen the rating drop to 8.53. It's now gone up since then, so it seems more and more people are appreciating this. As for me, I usually don't rate something until it reaches a certain point. The main reason is pretty much the same as yours, I;E it could have 5-6 good chapters and then out of nowhere we get netorae, something that has nothing to do with the story or just heavy drama for no reason. Like this - https://mangadex.org/title/26208/gal-cleaning 7 chapters in and it was fine, but then we get a random rape flashback.

I was gonna wait to rate, but I was genuinely shocked this, being a new manga with only 3 chapters (4 if we include the one-shot) and literally having nothing wrong/bad about it yet, not be at least 9* or close to it.

Dex-chan lover
I love her with a ferocity that can only be matched by my hatred for MC's stupid hat.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like they're going to hold hands at any moment. This might get too stressful to read.

Dex-chan lover
this dude barely even got to the countryside and he is immediately dating
might be a new manga record

Page 21 is a blessed image. I felt my heart stop for a second seeing such pure bliss

g21.png

still not really used to the new drawing style but i still like this manga :)

Users who are viewing this thread