Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Im a sucker for that strict parent/grandparent becoming soft when they see how happy the significant other makes their child/grandchild.

Dex-chan lover
The Gyaru has conquered the Grandma, now nothing can stop her.

@Rylan_Gray

OH YEAH. It's not like people in reality do that all the time, right? You talk as if everyone in the world act so mature and thinking with such reasoning. All of you people that insist on it are the ones that need to spend time with more people, which couldn't be more messier.

Dex-chan lover
Any girl I bring home will also need to pass the grandma test.

If she can win grandma, she can win a ring.

don't trust her! shes gona steal ur money and leave you with a kid while she runs off with tyrone!! many such cases!!!!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Chizan posted:

Well, to be perfectly clear, you don't necessarily need wet snow, dry snow works too for building a snowman(and other things). Though it'll take longer and you build by the handful/scoopful from the ground up. And it'll be a lot lighter than the wet one so expect it to also melt faster once the weather does get warmer so you need it to be cold enough for long enough...
I actually do prefer dry snow whenever I happen to build something in wintertime.
Edit; I just googled, and well, ok, every mention I can find seems to be you can't use powdery snow, or tell you to add water. But it's wrong, google results notwithstanding, I've build walls, towers, igloos, even a few snowmen simply by adding handful after handful of cold snow, sculpting as the whatever I'm building goes upward layer after layer. So I know its doable...
Working with powder snow is technically doable but you gotta just keep packing it with your hands so much that it's not even fun. I don't know how you could possibly prefer it when at 0°C temps you can just roll up huge snowballs without too much effort like you're the Prince of All Cosmos.

I do find it funny though that this week's HOKKAIDO FACT is just basic knowledge about snow that I thought literally everyone knew

Dex-chan lover
Dosanku Gyaru = a girl that can turn a cold and snowy walk into a warm afternoon stroll with that super mega cute smile.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday Provided there's enough snow(for example half a meter and a big plot to harvest it in) about 2 hours to build a tower higher than me an arm's length in diameter, for walls depends on the size, a standard igloo a few days at most. Provided it's pristine snow, the higher the ratio of old(grainy feeling) snow and time goes up accordingly. I take a handful of snow, add it, and it stays there, but then, I've done this since I was small...

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday As someone who grew up on the Florida Coast, in the land of citrus and surfing, I was a grown man before I learned the difference between wet and dry snow and why it mattered.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, why was anybody worried? Granny never stood a chance. Now, on to the baby-making!

Dex-chan lover
I love how this dude lasted two chapters with his "black haired serious girl" monologue

Got fuckin' obliterated, this girl is powerful

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Chizan How cold are we talking about here? Surely you can't just take a handful of snow that's been sitting at -15 degrees for a day or two (the kind of snow that's good for skiing) and just have it easily stick on anything, it's like trying to make a ball out of dust. With fresh snow it's not so bad, but that's not usually especially dry or frozen.

@icarushector Yeah, it's just that it reminded me that not everybody gets so much snow that they'd know about it.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday I feel ya, I had a similar experience as a kid when I found out some landlocked kids actually thought the ocean was salty because people were adding salt to it.

Dex-chan lover
The characters in this are too emotionally intelligent, most characters would have just let that "we're just classmates" line linger and create Hurt Feelings, but MC here immediately smooths things over like a normal rational human being.

Users who are viewing this thread