Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 4 Ch. 31.1

Dex-chan lover
Probably one of the worst and most cliche arc ever. Switch and bait all over again.

oh geez i wonder if she's really gonna go to Korea now, it's not like she's the fucking protagonist and the story will be over if she's at korea!?

Amusing to me that they probably have mild crushes at best yet everyone keeps hoping for them to fuck the very next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
That was so KYOOT.
I had a squee; just a little one.
And then a big LOL, cos I have done that by mistake while on a date, as well....

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Looking at all this memery, I don't think you people understand what's going on. Forget about love hotels, they're on the outskirts of a rural town of about 7000 people, and looking at google maps, about a 30 minute car drive away from the nearest actual hotel.

@deCarabasHJ posted:

I am now going to make several baseless assumptions about how this story will develop, and then complain about the author's poor handling of the story.

Oh wait, I don't have to, since a bunch of others are already doing that.
It's just getting worse

Fed-Kun's army
C'mon guys, they ain't going to a love motel. This is the backwaters of Japan. They going to some small inn, where hillbilly grandma will put them in a room with a single bed because it's all they have, yuk yuk.

There will be hand holding, perhaps a bath scene and some bedtime snuggles, but that's all - this ain't R18. If you want more, search for the manga with the H next to it...

My guess she'll be back in time for graduation and the endgame arc. As others mentioned, they have to let the other girls catch up.

I don't get what all the complaining is about, but then again I rarely do and there's always so damn much of it in comment sections anyway (and anything else now). The cliffhanger was slightly bait'n'switchy? but it feels like the story is really going somewhere because of it, and there's real progress on two related fronts. The hug may not be as lewd as something extreme like holding hands or anal creampies, but that they're using each other to learn and grow (and both seem to realize it) is something substantial. I don't remember exactly when this one went from "yet another still-in-progress thing I was probably ill-advised to start" to "waiting with baited goddamn breath for every release", but it's chapters like this and the previous that sent it hurling across that line.

And as an aside, the TL and editor for this are doing really quite good at not only making it readable in English, but giving (maintaining) the characters' unique feel and voice--"country bumkin' gyaru" is probably the toughest random thing I can imagine to render authentically in something like this, and I feel like they're not going over-the-top OR lazily about it right next to the "earnest nerdy city boy".

TL;DR: 360° asskissery at its lowest

Double-page supporter
To those who wonder why the buses would stop running earlier on a weekend: I used to live in the countryside, and while I don't know about the public transportation situation in Japan, this is exactly what I would expect.

Buses where I lived were mainly used by people commuting to or from a city, so on weekdays they would start running early and stop running late. On weekends, you'd be lucky if there were three buses per day in either direction, and if you wanted to be out past late afternoon you'd better bring your own car.

Living in a more densely populated area, (and Tsubasa being from Tokyo), it's not all that surprising that they would forget to check the weekend bus schedule. Poor planning on their part, sure, but not surprising. Nice realism on the author's part for setting up the trope.

Speaking of tropes, every genre relies on its tropes. That's how you recognise a genre. The real question is how those tropes are handled, and so far this manga has handled them very well, in my opinion.

@Teasday
It's called a plot

...which is exactly why I have stayed with this manga. Thanks.

Your parents are rich as fuck Tsubasa, go follow your waifu to South Korea before you get NTR'd by Korean chads.

Fed-Kun's army
comment tl:dr:
people are horny and expect them to fuck but they forget this is a shonen manga. not happening. plus look at the setting.

gyaru manga starts using decimal chapters... I can't...not again.. I'm not strong enough.

@TsunDIO It's OK, nobody is cleaning here. But if somebody holds a broom for too long or starts mixing some cleaning solution, I'll join you on the barricades.

Dex-chan lover
@NGOtaku
The best we will get to see is them making babies somehow.

Comments in a nutshell:
We'll bang ok? https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/well-bang-ok 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread