Hokuo Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Your translations are clean! I like it, you did a good job! Thank you for the translation!

Thank you SO much for your work in this series. I’ve missed seeing this cute couple!

glad to see this getting translations again!

one minor nitpick though, why use "-sama" and not something like "lady"?

Group Leader
@SausageSpirit preferences, really. but for general honorifics like 'Obaa-chan' I'll make sure to translate it to like 'Old Lady'
I'll mostly leave honorifics attached to given name as is. Eg. Aina-chan. Sieg-san. Sieg-sama, Sieg-tan. Okay too many Siegs But yeah, that's it.

@Humanisticheidegger might not be the same thing I have in mind but personally dont really like the depiction of "rurupongi" and her family- it's cold as heck where they are- they appear to be natives of a similar environment/area just not this exact location yet their depicted half dressed- stomach/chest exposed 🤔....? an awful stereotype about non white/darker skin natives and their style of dress-plus they dont speak or have any lines & were "brought" to the area & just happen to be "servants" 😒

Dex-chan lover
I honestly can't stand the way they treat him, not saying I want them to worship him, but at least show some respect.

Dex-chan lover
@yowutis They treat him as a representative of invaders and conquerors. Although this series is placed in some fantasy land, it still uses select elements of real culture, peoples, and history. In real history, the Sami people were gradually pushed further north and if not subjugated, at least oppressed. As it happens, outside of the Russian domain, the Sami are the only indigenous people in Europe today. Their fight for their rights is still not completely over. Although I'm not saying they would be miserable or deserving pity, or anything, in 2020. Seeing how this story borrows elements from real history, it's not particularly strange if there's hostility. It's basically an outsider supposedly ruling over the locals.

Aggregator gang
Aina is the best girl? Or would had been if the Manga was a little different. The characters have been set already.
Honestly Sieg is the best girl, I haven’t read a lot yet but I can tell the immense potential this couple has.

@Kaarme ok but why do they treat Seig so much better when Ritz has not only lived their longer but is the lord of the village?

Users who are viewing this thread