Hokuo Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi

This is the loveliest romance I’ve read. They give each other space, respect each other and look after one another without asking for it too. This is peak comfy married couple goals.

I love this manga but I'm always wierded out by the 3 giant natives who are just amazingly good at everything and have quirky names.

i'm really glad this got a manga adaptation, and i think the art style is a really great fit. i find it a lot easier to read this way than the novel, too

Colonial and oppressive cultures often hyper-sexualized the people they oppressed as a way of showing that their supremacy was necessary in order to bring moral guidance to the indigenous peoples. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable to read this manga because of how the native people's are represented. If you look at how most indigenous tribes in snowy, Northern climates dressed, you're not going to see a history of walking around topless outdoors.
In addition, having these native people represented with no complexity around their happiness to serve is another layer of cringeworthy.

I love this! Great story building, romance, and an ever better character(s) development. Thank you for translating, good team! Keep up the amazing work.

Aggregator gang
What is up with all the weird marriage customs. Yes I'd like to marry you on a rent to own basis with options to change terms with changing market conditions and interest rates.

I'm pretty fricking cold if I do say so myself, but even I can figure proposing that to a woman is just going to get my fun bits crushed

Better off just having sex with her at least she won't be insulted

Contributor
This is some cultural appropriation lol.

Takes Saami indigenous aesthetics and uses Ge*man names for them.

I really like the development. Everything is fluffy and decent. Like others have said the natives are a big contrast to that but maybe there's a story there.

Thanks for the translation

Fed-Kun's army
I love this so much. Koshwin, thank you for your superb work. This is my favorite manga and I have you to thank for it.

Users who are viewing this thread