Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.5 - Dealing with …

u know the trope where the chonk head priest will always be a 'bad' guy

the only other manga I know that doesn't follow this trope is faraway paladin

there are probs others but this is wat I can remember so far

Supporter
Any novel reader here that would spoil me regarding the temple head's fate? Will he get what he deserves at some point?

He may be the most reasonable one, but he can be kinda irritating sometimes as well.
He will overlook Mayne's suffering if it does not cause harm to the temple.
Though, I gotta admit. His role is rather sad, stuck in the middle, having to clean up the puffed-up ego Chief Priest's mess.

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch That's Flutrane, goddess of water. The Pantheon of this world all have designs, but to the best of my knowledge do not actually appear as characters. They appear solely in legends and are alluded to in rituals.

Dex-chan lover
People like that head priest make me wish for isekai. That kind in which all assholes may stay on Earth and all other assholes, that at least really try to be not evil in most cases (rest of mankind) isekais into a new world. It would work wonders....only for one generation, but still. Those would be pretty good 20-40 years. And some not so good for Earth t-aka Toxworld. Awwwww. How dreamy.

Contributor
@Elhao
He gets executed at the end of Part 2, which is super far in the future for the manga as chapter 18 (most recent raw) only goes up to 1/4 through Part 2.

@OrcaCat at least his personality is not a cliche just to be a cliche. The word building behind him(not because he) has so many layers that you can't imagine he be any other way. Ferdinand already nailade most of point like his high pedigree combined with inferiority complex. honestly i give a discount to any asshole blue priest, at essence they are no different of the grey ones they are children that the nobles don't want or could raise.
.minor spoilers.
As said in this chapter he is related to the lord family of this " territory"( this novel use his own noble system so direct translation are not accurate). his bloodline is part of a faction in this " territory" that descends from other " territory" with way higher status so despiste they dont have that many power here and none back in the other you can imagine their high noses, especially that last few decades that the two " territory" grew closer with marriages in the lord family.
he himself has ascended to his position because that background so harass and suppress other factions is his job since young age.
EDIT: "kingdom" to "territory"

Contributor
@NerdViking
Use duchy or territory. Using kingdom makes zero sense and shouldn't even be used to describe the country as whole from what the author has said.[/quote]

The Novel doesn't mention the High Bishop being Uncle of the Archduke in this part(Prologue of Volume 4). It just mentioned both his parents being candidates for Archduke.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldnt it be 10% of gross profit? because net profit woukd be after things like employee salaries, maintenenace costs and otger expenses. Unless beno pulled a fast one on him.

Dex-chan lover
@eng1 I'd say he did this on purpose if it's a boon to him, but it's sort of predicated on an assumption about a light novel author and/or mangaka not making any mistakes at all about a subject that isn't necessarily something they know anything about at all without Google-sensei to help them. The wrong word very easily could have been used in the raws.

Dex-chan lover
@eng1: Should be net, even how Benno pay Myne is based on net profit (which to be fair he is covering pretty much all the costs already)
Also Benno being a merchant clearly tried to make the deal favorable for him, so that little difference in word choice would definitely be something up his sleeve + Ferdinand not being a merchant wouldn't know how a business is run so can only take Benno's words for it (in the same way Benno doesn't know much about magic so even if Ferdinand lie about any details he can't tell)

@NerdViking: To add
He is basically 'spoiled' by the current Lord's mother (his sister) and basically can do whatever he want without any real consequence.

It's not until the end of arc 2, where he's gone too far, that he ever get punished.

Users who are viewing this thread