Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Source of An…

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter. The anime didn't adapt this pre-mini arc so it's so refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
@Varler you just don't understand the feeling of big brother, evertime my lil bro surpass me on certain field, i stop improving myself at same field.
seriously, if my brother is as magnificent as lutz i would act the same way.

The only thing that doesn't make that much sense in the haggling scene is the assistant trying to rip her off right in front of benno. Like... Even if the one making the order is a little girl, he's the one who brought her. It's pretty stupid to try to rip her off in front of an important client like benno anyway. Otherwise, i really like how the conflict was introduced here, with the ignorant brother being buthurt. I hope myne can help them understand how being a merchant isn't actually a bad thing per se.

Double-page supporter
@Pleppie Considering Benno’s track record, he probably would have let it happen then blamed Myne for her incompetence. And as a merchant, he probably understands trying to squeeze what looks like an easy mark for all they’re worth.

Isn't the best way to make money (for myne) to invent/patent a useful device that would be subsidised by the government, such as a water pump, filtration system, sewerage or irrigation plumbing, road paving, concrete/cement, gearboxes/suspension, methods to treat simple preventable illnesses or even malnutrition, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Alrange It's well could be she doesn't know how to actually make/design them. She read a lot of books but same time it doesn't mean she knows everything. As far as we have seen, she knows a lot about everyday-life necessities. It could also be limited by technology, as many infrastructure didn't change much for thousand of years, much until late 18th century with the invention of steam power, a controllable and efficiency source of power that provide the means for other inventions to be made.

@FullDiver Sure benno could do that, and he could understand him trying to squeeze money from an easy target. Still holds that it doesn't leave an impression of a respectable business to a promissing client. Imagine you sell electronic parts, and bill gates comes into your store with a young person looking to buy something. Do you think the chance of getting a few extra bucks from the kid is worth being marked as a non respectable business for someone who could make your business flourish just by mentioning it in a positive way? Benno also surely understands that the guy lacks any foresight in business relations. Then again, it's just an assistant, it's not the main artisan or the shop owner, so maybe he's just stupid really, it makes sense now, thinking that it's the assistant.

And it's not like he's ripping off someone unrelated while benno is occasionally in the shop. Benno came in with her sitting on his shoulder... It's like ripping the man off directly. Imagine if you bring someone you know to a store and they try to rip them off, how would you feel about the store?

Users who are viewing this thread