Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - The Star Festi…

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato
Yes, magic is common knowledge in our world as everyone knows about it one way or another.

"she never unconsciously used mana. The only time we've actually seen her use her mana was when her family"
Shows how little attention you are paying to this story, she used magic once inside her house breaking something, once in the forest when the boys stepped on her first attempt at clay boards, she manipulated mana multiple times when limiting it to the box.

"She is not some super baby with powers overwhelming even the most powerful people in the reincarnated world like we can see in other isekais"
Technically she is since she has so much more mana than anyone else ever as far as the story told us even when compared to other child with consuming. She just has to learn how to use it but given her general level of competence I don't see that happening.

But in the end I am not going to start this argument again as it seens most people are just too involved with the character to actually analyze the story without making excuses for Myne's idiocy. Only thing I am going to say is that "Myne" is not a 7 yo she is a 24 yo from our modern times. So this ends here and I am not replying anymore on these subjects.
You can have the last word if you want.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan

Yes, magic is common knowledge in our world as everyone knows about it one way or another.

Magic doesn't exist in our world. Its depictions in fantasy books are as varied as they are completely foreign to us and still completely nonexistent. Avada Kedavra isn't useful knowledge, unlike knowing how to cook pancakes, something which can actually be done in our world.

Moreover, not everyone has an interest in fantasy so it is just not true in general that "everyone knows about magic".

Shows how little attention you are paying to this story, she used magic once inside her house breaking something, once in the forest when the boys stepped on her first attempt at clay boards, she manipulated mana multiple times when limiting it to the box.

We all miss some details and the scanned chapters have been releasing over the last two years so I didn't recall any of this. More importantly, you are ignoring the fact that the character was unaware that she was doing anything at all or that she was too overcome by her emotions to actually be thinking clearly. Even if she had realized that something unnatural had occurred she had no reason to believe that she was responsible because the existence of mana and its use isn't something she understood.

Technically she is since she has so much more mana than anyone else ever as far as the story told us even when compared to other child with consuming. She just has to learn how to use it but given her general level of competence I don't see that happening.

While there are hints that she has a lot of mana, it hasn't been quantified in any way and we have no idea how she compares with the most powerful mana users of this world. It's also besides the point that Myne isn't portrayed as a genius who can instantly figure out everything. "Just learn how to use it" only shows that we disagree on how trivial it is to figure out the workings of something you don't even know exists.

Only thing I am going to say is that "Myne" is not a 7 yo she is a 24 yo from our modern times.

Myne is a 7 years old with memories from being a 24 years old from our world and her thinking reflects that. As I've said, she's not stupid by any means, but she's also not particularly brilliant and that is perfectly fine. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but Myne was never portrayed as a genius, just someone who has some knowledge from our world and shared it. It's also perfectly normal to have oversights or to be blind-sighted and to fail to make certain connections. I enjoy chess and a certitude is that even the top chess players will make mistakes and fail to see some lines.

I'm not even sure why you're expecting an adult from out modern times to be some sort of genius, but clearly you've never been on youtube and have somehow managed to never be exposed to the general stupidity of many adults so let me direct you at least to the darwin awards: https://darwinawards.com/ so that you can get some perspective on what is actually considered idiotic.

In fact, being more mature seems to have had an adverse effect to learning about the supernatural phenomenons she could generate as those always happened when she was throwing tantrums.

So this ends here and I am not replying anymore on these subjects.
You can have the last word if you want.

Okay.

Users who are viewing this thread