Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」

Contributor
I don't think it would be a problem for different groups to do the different "books"
but that's just my opinion

Fed-Kun's army
Someone please translate this! I love this story I need my fix of Maine doing things and then ppl being shocked before yelling at her!

Dex-chan lover
@Chrisis @TheTanJar7 @Bananaman0
Do you know if there is a real division like is here or other sites just bundle all parts togheter as one?
BTW here they have all the chapters from part 1 (untill chapter 20 since 21 has not been released yet it seens).
Here: <aggregate link removed>, sorry forgot to put the link/

Mod Edit: Removed aggregator link

Contributor
I might misunderstand what you mean by division, but the nico site has tree different pages, one for each book.

Book 1: http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/18228
Book 2: http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/37068
Book 3: http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/34334 (another mangaka)

you just need to sign in with twitter or something to read them. ofc they have a paywall for the chapters that have been out for a few weeks
First and latest chapter are free

Contributor
@Aluna
Nowhere. Nobody has scanlated this manga into English yet.
TOOR Scans will probably scanlate it when they finish doing Part 1 and even if they didn't the official English license holder will get to it eventually, even if it takes them over a year.

If you just want to read the story and don't require it to be the manga then you can either
(A) read the WN (the arc this manga adapts starts at chapter 78 and ends at
chapter 172
). Although if you do read the WN it's best to stop at chapter 103 (which corresponds to the end of LN volume 4) because the people that do it after that are much lower quality and split up chapters into multiple part and then incorrectly name them e.g. they say they've released chapter 116 but that's actually only chapter 108 part 3...
(B) wait until November for J-Novel Club (the official translator) to release LN volume 4 (a.k.a. Part 2 Volume 1). They release a new volume every other month and this manga's arc finishes with
volume 7

Contributor
An anime adaption of Part 2 (corresponding to LN
volumes 04 to 07
and WN chapters
078 to 172
) of Ascendance of a Bookworm was just announced to start in Spring, 2020.
We don’t yet know what it’ll adapt or how long it’ll be but it should be one of the following: 1 cour adapting 2 volumes, 1 cour adapting 4 volumes, or 2 cour adapting 4 volumes. Personally I’m hoping for the third option but think the first two are more likely. For reference the Part 1 adaption needed 14 episodes to adapt 3 LN volumes.
Now what does this mean in relation to this MangaDex entry? Well the most recent raw chapter of this manga is chapter 15 which adapts up to WN chapter
(LN volume
04 corresponds to WN078-103
) so it’s clear that the anime will far surpass what is available of this manga as it only updates monthly. Meaning any anime-onlies will be out of luck coming to this entry once the announced anime ends.
But what about the light novel translations? Well LN volume 04 came out on the 10th of November, 2019 and LN volume 05 comes out on the 20th of January, 2020. So depending on what the anime does the translated LN will either be a few volumes in-front, or at the same point as where the announced anime ends. Also here is the official LN translator's opinions on this question.
The announcement visual is behind this tag
ELEmYEnUUAAJROD

Users who are viewing this thread