Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 33 - Swapping Lives -…

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised with the answers that says "he's just a kid", "he lives in sheltered place" etc etc.
While Myne is exceptional, but the breaking point is how he's prone to use his status as a kid of an archduke. At this point, let's not talk about Myne's achievements. Obviously, it's impossible for a kid in her physical age if she's not "transmigrator".

But we can still talk about his bratty trait, "thanks to" his father the Archduke who let his late grandmother pamper him (and his wife couldn't have a say in this). At this point, any educational efforts will be useless because once he feels irritated, he will use "I'm the son of Archduke" card and thus, no education because the teachers fear of their lives. You say, "He's a kid, so of course he'll be bratty"? Yeah, call me boomer but that's exactly he should be disciplined. Being tantrum is one thing, using his status to threaten people which status below him when he throws tantrum is another one, and it's BEYOND THE LINE. And it'd be the common trope for evil antagonists used in a lot of stories (or IRL). "My parents donate the most for this school,". "My grandparents own the school,". "My Dad can fire your Dad" etc. He's in the age he can say/use this threat, so discipline is a must!
And where the discipline comes from? His family! And no thanks to his father that he becomes a brat as he is now.

In the other side, this kid is Archduke's son, so it means his should have more responsibility and ability for his status. Sucks for him; it's a huge responsibility, but he can't even do the basic/standard things for a nobel, not even READING or SIMPLE MATH. REALLY? That's a new low.
No excuse for this kid, but if you want to play the blame game, blame his father.

Dex-chan lover
I get that he's a spoiled kid and whatnot, but it also feels important that he's a kid
No shit, all of us would turn out like that if we were the first son of a noble, who himself was incredibly sheltered, and could worm our way out of anything. While I enjoy seeing the brat that called Myne lazy and selfish getting put in his place, I feel like the mom and dad really need to get shat on a lot more.

Myne is also an adult woman in the body of a child, which is something never touched on in these isekai stories and I think is important from a reader's perspective (that other characters aren't aware of, and don't seem to question her abilities).
I bet I'd be praised if my mind and all my memories were dumped into a 5 year old's body and I colored inside the lines, but at least Myne isn't trying to fuck children or adolescents like most isekai (looking at you Mushoku Tensei)
I understand what you are saying but, I think that at some point during the day he would have shown some nobility pride and thought there is no way I am going to let a commoner outperform me because some of these commoners are younger than me and they can already read and write and perform some counting and I can't (I mean it was pointed out that the only one who can't read and write was Dirk a commoner baby and that would put his education below a babies).

Also, you are commenting on the fact that Myne is an adult in a child's body, but she could have just set back and done nothing because she was a reincarnated into a commoner and to full fill her need to read, she could have continued to work at the East Gate with her father and his scribe. You might be correct about being an isekai but not everyone can step up and assume that much responsibility (isehai or not) as a child. I don't think just saying well Myne is an isekai (adult in a child's body) should be utilized to diminish everything that she has accomplished because what has led her to this point is her desire to protect and love for her family.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
i dont wanna hear any excessively mean things about Wil he's a neglected baby!!!

He's the opposite of neglected, he's overly spoiled rotten.
But yeah he's a kid so save the mean things about him
for when he fucks up badly at much older age

at that point there's no real excuse anymore

Why would it benefit him then?

And is Rozemyne in the process of memorizing them, or did she already memorize them?

It's the next prayer she has to learn I believe.

And as for why: Because that's the deal that they'll literally go through the other's day as if they're that person.
Myne listen to reports, memorize prayers, etc. So Wilfried has to do the same.

Also
Praying to the gods will allow you to get their divine protection which makes your mana usage more efficient.

So learning to pray will eventually have MAJOR impact on overall mana capacity
(iirc Myne herself felt that her efficiency was over DOUBLE after the ceremony to get divine protections)

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised with the answers that says "he's just a kid", "he lives in sheltered place" etc etc.
While Myne is exceptional, but the breaking point is how he's prone to use his status as a kid of an archduke. At this point, let's not talk about Myne's achievements. Obviously, it's impossible for a kid in her physical age if she's not "transmigrator".

But we can still talk about his bratty trait, "thanks to" his father the Archduke who let his late grandmother pamper him (and his wife couldn't have a say in this). At this point, any educational efforts will be useless because once he feels irritated, he will use "I'm the son of Archduke" card and thus, no education because the teachers fear of their lives. You say, "He's a kid, so of course he'll be bratty"? Yeah, call me boomer but that's exactly he should be disciplined. Being tantrum is one thing, using his status to threaten people which status below him when he throws tantrum is another one, and it's BEYOND THE LINE. And it'd be the common trope for evil antagonists used in a lot of stories (or IRL). "My parents donate the most for this school,". "My grandparents own the school,". "My Dad can fire your Dad" etc. He's in the age he can say/use this threat, so discipline is a must!
And where the discipline comes from? His family! And no thanks to his father that he becomes a brat as he is now.

In the other side, this kid is Archduke's son, so it means his should have more responsibility and ability for his status. Sucks for him; it's a huge responsibility, but he can't even do the basic/standard things for a nobel, not even READING or SIMPLE MATH. REALLY? That's a new low.
No excuse for this kid, but if you want to play the blame game, blame his father.
I agree with what you are saying but at some point, you would think that he would have felt embarrassed or ashamed due to his nobility status or personal pride because currently the commoners were outperforming him. The commoners are younger than him and they can already read and write and perform some counting (math) and he can't (I mean it was pointed out that the only one who can't read and write was Dirk a commoner baby and that would put his education below a babies). So, utilizing I am the son of the Lord Archduke to escape from studying would have been the furthest thing from his mind, but as we have just witnessed once you become spoiled and allowed to get your way and no one was responsible enough to do their jobs and educate him then you end up with someone like Wilfried.

I mean he was calling Myne lazy and couldn't understand why she got to see his father (Lord Sylvester) more than him. I wonder how he would have reacted if he attended the conversation from the previous chapter and the whole discussion about his excommunication because he was so far behind in his education than what was expected by Myne (wanted to read some new educational material just to be disappointed to learn that Wilfried is still learning his ABC's).

Dex-chan lover
You guys kind of applying our modern world values onto this but in this world commoner kids much younger than him already forage in the forest , kids his age already working or learning their job.
He is the son of the lord of an entire duchy , his responsibilities ahead are great.

To neglect and not prepare him for what is coming is way worse than giving him an eyes opening experience like this.

He will also to be expected to show off some of his education progresses ( etiquette, perform with a music instrument) at his debut as a lord‘s son along with a bunch of other noble peers his age so he will literally embarrass himself like an idiot.

In this chapter he was trying to wield his status as a leverage to get away from duties which is a big no no , showed how bad his education progresses are and was overall being disrespectful toward Ferdinand who is his uncle (due to his grandma‘s influences who is also a VERY horrible person , wont spoil what she did during her time being the first wife of the ex lord).

You guys are saying that Rozemyne is unfair because she has the memories of an adult , while that is partially true because she brought knowledges and inventions from modern world over to turn profits and able to negotiate with adults , she also has the stamina of a VERY VERY sickly child who is still very not healthy and constantly need help physically during her daily life.Even for an adult that kind of schedule is insane , its like working 2 full time jobs so they didnt really expect Wilfried to do remotely a fifth of her actual workload , just some really basic stuff like listening to people for a bit , tour the workshop and learn the contents of some prayers…probably the equivalent of a half a day worth learning at elementary school.

Now ask yourself do you really want a nepo baby who is ignorant , arrogant and knows jack shit to rule over an entire duchy ?
Something you are forgetting is that the Sylvester kept saying I was just like him in my youth I would always run away from my lessons. The one thing Sylvester didn't realize was that unlike when he was a child and ran away from his studies there was always someone to bring him back to his studies but when Wilfried ran away from his studies he never returned to them, and the teachers were just going along with it as he is the son of the Archduke. If this was a concern the teachers should have pointed out to Sylvester early on that they couldn't get Wilfried to ever study and do his lessons and if things continued, he would embarrass himself at his noble debut. As a teacher I would think besides allowing Wilfried embarrass himself they should have feared for their jobs and possibly their lives.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the mom and dad really need to get shat on a lot more.
Veronica, the current archduke’s mother was an extremely petty, vengeful, and abusive to anyone she spite, and she held all the power in the duchy to make a hell of anyone’s life except the part that she’s not the archduke herself. The archduke’s wife dares not oppose Veronica’s way of raising Wilfred, risking incurring her wrath. Sylvester, the archduke... Well, he’s mama’s boi (until he imprisons her for the sake of the duchy.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wilfred's first instinct when told no was expecting his bodyguard knight to murder the 'insolent' for daring to talk back to him. It's no wonder none of Wilfred's SURVIVING teachers were willing to tell him to study.

Ehrenfest isn't the top duchy in the kingdom, having Wilfred ascend to the local throne with that attitude is a duchy level survival issue. Especially after the kingdom just went through an apocalyptic level civil war that depleted noble ranks.

Noteworthy is how most of Ehrenfest's problems are linked to Veronica.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with what you are saying but at some point, you would think that he would have felt embarrassed or ashamed due to his nobility status or personal pride because currently the commoners were outperforming him. The commoners are younger than him and they can already read and write and perform some counting (math) and he can't (I mean it was pointed out that the only one who can't read and write was Dirk a commoner baby and that would put his education below a babies). So, utilizing I am the son of the Lord Archduke to escape from studying would have been the furthest thing from his mind, but as we have just witnessed once you become spoiled and allowed to get your way and no one was responsible enough to do their jobs and educate him then you end up with someone like Wilfried.

I mean he was calling Myne lazy and couldn't understand why she got to see his father (Lord Sylvester) more than him. I wonder how he would have reacted if he attended the conversation from the previous chapter and the whole discussion about his excommunication because he was so far behind in his education than what was expected by Myne (wanted to read some new educational material just to be disappointed to learn that Wilfried is still learning his ABC's).
Yes, I guess the point that young Sylvester realizes his wrong way was his Nanny, and also someone to compete with (Ferdinand), despite he didn't know back then that Ferdinand was under pressure to begin with. With Ferdinand beside him with his perfect attitude and result, he couldn't help but had to compete so he won't have his parents saying, "Look at Ferdinand, he's better than you!" treatment.

Wilfred, in the other side, was raised alone with no one to compete and thus he looked down at anyone without a proper reality check. Myne (and the orphanage children) are a huge slap on him. Yes, it IS harsh thing to do, but it's better than humiliating the family when his nobel debute comes.

Why would it benefit him then?

And is Rozemyne in the process of memorizing them, or did she already memorize them?
Part of me thinks the "so" should be a "but"...? Anyway, it will benefit him since it'll eventually be a part of his education as a child of nobility and duties as the future lord.

I think Rozemyne is still working on them for the upcoming ceremonies (although, knowing her, she may have already memorized them).

Dex-chan lover
I get that he's a spoiled kid and whatnot, but it also feels important that he's a kid
No shit, all of us would turn out like that if we were the first son of a noble, who himself was incredibly sheltered, and could worm our way out of anything. While I enjoy seeing the brat that called Myne lazy and selfish getting put in his place, I feel like the mom and dad really need to get shat on a lot more.
More the father, I'd say. Last chapter, it was revealed that the upbringing of Wilfried was entrusted to the father, and his mother was not to interfere. They confronted him about the boy's shortcomings and really let the Archduke (?) have it for his negligence. The mother is taking back control, along with the Archduke's former nanny.

Dex-chan lover
just wanted to stop by and also show my appreciation for all these releases. it's quite an interesting and strong world-building arc and not missing out on anything, quite the opposite actually, getting accurate translations and a fast release pace is just fantastic, so thank you very much for these releases.

now as for the story, i wonder if that single day woke up the small lord, though since he was indoctrinated quite massively, i'd expect at least one or two comebacks. then again, it was dinner timer and as such the day of swapping placed confirmed over, so unless they extent it, i'd expect the plot to shift back to the noble house.

fran did good to stand his ground against such an "important" noble. we saw him struggle but he did his best for Myne. :)

Dex-chan lover

must be western type of education thing or something

Dex-chan lover
must be western type of education thing or something
It kinda is but isn't at the same time, we just live in time of untold prosperity (i know poor people, child labor and slavery still exist but it's better than last century let's be honest) compared to the rest of history that we've become used to kids being in the "Human tutorial phase" for 18 years (sometimes more) that we forgot that children weren't as pampered as they are today were the only responsibility they have is to study good and behave well (i'm talking about the first world here i'm just assuming most of us are from countries were child labor is rare)

Another thing as male nobility Will is probably expected to take some sort of "serious" responsibility by age 13 or to go for higher education and you can't a fucking illiterate moron shit on your family reputation, on another note the Kid probably has AD/HD (is it this one who has kids be hyperactive and unable to concentrate for long ?) that he get bored easily and tutors have no fucking clue how to deal with it since they don't want to lose their jobs/heads.

Last edited:
Thank you for the hard work again, been looking forward to reading your translations. Hope your not running yourself tired with this mad upload schedule.

Aggregator gang
He has a very very short time before his debut before the rest of the nobles. That day will shape the future structure of the duchy and the policy of the individual houses as they relate to and respect it. If the throne is going to a spoiled brat of a man who doesn't know anything then it wouldn't be surprising if other houses start looking to wither depose him or saddling up with others who have their heads on straight.
What he needs is the personal desire to achieve the goals he needs to become worthy of his post. This shock treatment is about the only way to make that happen in any hurry.

Supporter
Yeah, this point really drives in that this world is kinda harsh and unforgiving. But also let's be frank, child labor is still very much a thing in this modern world as well. So even WE haven't completely done away with the practice.
Also not for nothing but his actions and moods will dictate the lives of thousands of people in their territory should he inherit
This is legitimate cause for concern even at this age

Users who are viewing this thread