Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 37 - Rumors of the to…

Dex-chan lover
Small clarification: High bishop is the top position, not high priest. Rozemyne does nominally have higher position than Ferdinand but she cannot really go against him for other reasons.

I don't remember if the tasks are explicitly stated but in short high priest handles day-to-day operations of temple while high bishop handles ceremonies.
the high priest and the high bishop aren't one above the other necesarily (at least when their families are of the same status) they are both one above the other in dependent on the situation. However all blue priests and shrine meidens are below them. As you stated the high priest Handles day to day activities and the running of the temple (so how the budgeting is handeled the appointment of positions like orphenage director, assignments and exchanges of gray priests to which noble etc.) so that's where he has more power (but not ceremonies related to the standard operations such as the swearing ceremony for new priests or sending which blue priests will perform which baptism in the noble quarter). For anything related to ceremonies the High bishop has the final say. (that includes which priests will take part in which ceremonies and where who will acompany them etc.).

Aggregator gang
Mayor: I’m good friends with the archduke s uncle

Ferdinand: this is the archdukes daughter and I’m his brother. Also, we killed his uncle

though this is one of my favorite moments in the light novel because of the phrasing.

“He climbed the towering stairway”. The mayor thought it meant retirement or a promotion which we all thought was dumb but that same phrase was used earlier in the LN to describe what happened to a different character and nobody caught it. I was still wondering what happened to them a dozen volumes later. The author put us in the mayor s shoes about not understanding noble euphemisms and I LOVED it
Its interesting that some phrases used in the novel come from the fact that she wanted to keep it kid friendly, because she wanted her own kids to be able to read it.
I don't remember the vol but it was from one of the author parts at the end of one of the novels.

That depends on the Official Translation group.
  • "J-Novel Club" for the Light Novel & the Manga, translated it as High Bishop & High Priest.
  • "Crunchyroll" for the Anime, translated it as High Priest & Head Priest.
Ah, thanks, totally forgot about the anime. And it looks like it's even more complex... In season 1 anime sub & dub referred Bezewanst as "the high priest" (episode 13, around 00:17 mark). Same with season 2 anime (episode 1, around 00:07). However, in season 3 he is referred as "bishop" in subs in some cases (ep 1 18:26) and "high priest" in others (ep 3 05:38). Dubs still translated him as "high priest".

Ferdinand is consistently translated as head priest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Can a silver cup really be that heavy!?"

Having read MUCH further into the series, going back and seeing these epic foreshadowing moments come out of nowhere is fantastic!

From the looks of how it was drawn I would guess it would weigh around 6-8 oz. For a regular child it would be slightly on the heavy side. Add in Myne's feebleness, I would guess to her at least, it would feel like she's trying to left up something 10x heavier.

Contributor
1716509340024.jpeg
@bicyclebastard
In the light novel, the job titles are all over the place imo
Are you comparing official translations with fan translations? Have you actually read the light novel and the manga? They are both translated by Quof, and both the official manga and the official light novel are perfectly in sync with titles. You're just making a claim that anyone who reads the official material would instantly know is wrong... Why? Yeah... your opinion is unbelievably wrong.

This is how they are both officially translated:

High Bishop = 神殿長

High Priest = 神官長

Orphanage Director = 孤児院の院長

How can you go with both "Temple head," which is an alternate translation for High Priest, and High Priest? That makes no sense.

Also, man, Ferdinand is not the top position in the Temple... Things like this make me doubt if you read the book or know any of the lore. The High Bishop is the highest position, the title Rozemyne has, not the High Priest. How is Rozemyne the Temple Head and the High Bishop? You are confused with how the Temple hierarchy works.
And I have to mention, your translation of "Rihyarda" (リヒャルダ) as "Ryhilda" is wrong on so many levels. :facepalm:

And not to mention, you translating "姫様" as "Princess" tells me a lot. "Hime-sama" literally means "daughter of a nobleman." Rozemyne is not a princess; that becomes a thing later in the series(which again, makes me doubt if you even read the book). So using it here is just misplaced and a lazy translation.
I usually don't like to post corrections, but that notice you posted was asking for it with all those blatant errors.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
At this point, I didn’t understand the implication and was like “A BLUE PRIEST IS A NOBLE”

cover.jpg

Until further into the story that I get to understand how different they’re. And I blame the civil war that returns blue priests back to the noble society, blurring their definition to me, the reader.

This is a spoiler for the end of part 2, which I don't believe the manga has covered yet.

When Bindelwald sees Ferdinand summon his own schtappe (wand) he asks why a priest like him has a schtappe, to which Ferdinand responds that he is a noble who has graduated from the Royal Academy. So the blue priests have higher status than a commoner owing to their "blue blood", they are not officially nobles.

Aggregator gang
View attachment 2924
@bicyclebastard

Are you comparing official translations with fan translations? Have you actually read the light novel and the manga? They are both translated by Quof, and both the official manga and the official light novel are perfectly in sync with titles. You're just making a claim that anyone who reads the official material would instantly know is wrong... Why? Yeah... your opinion is unbelievably wrong.

High Bishop = 神殿長

High Priest = 神官長

How can you go with both "Temple head," which is an alternate translation for High Priest, and High Priest? That makes no sense.

Also, man, Ferdinand is not the top position in the Temple... Things like this make me doubt if you read the book or know any of the lore. The High Bishop is the highest position, the title Rozemyne has, not the High Priest. How is Rozemyne the Temple Head and the High Bishop? You are confused with how the Temple hierarchy works.
And I have to mention, your translation of "Rihyarda" (リヒャルダ) as "Ryhilda" is wrong on so many levels. :facepalm:

And not to mention, you translating "姫様" as "Princess" tells me a lot. "Hime-sama" literally means "daughter of a nobleman." Rozemyne is not a princess; that becomes a thing later in the series(which again, makes me doubt if you even read the book). So using it here is just misplaced and a lazy translation.
I usually don't like to post corrections, but that notice you posted was asking for it with all those blatant errors.
The translation unfortunately has errors in a lot of places... Stuff that anyone who knows the lore would know is wrong. They need a proofreader who... actually reads the book.
And yeah the claim that the official TL is all over the place is kind of a messed up claim to make. Bookworm is super consistent. The claim is even more messed up when, this translation is the definition of all over the place.

Group Leader
View attachment 2924
@bicyclebastard

High Bishop = 神殿長

High Priest = 神官長

hi, wow, this was unbelievably unnecessarily caustic. every single thing you said could have been delivered with kindness and grace, but you decide to be rude.

'all over the place' refers to the differences between the titles in official translations, as the first time i encountered this series was thru the crunchyroll anime. the titles are different between the two.

i JUST got a hold of the LN a week ago and i'm trying. my translations aren't perfect because it's a hobby and i'm not a professional. i'm learning, something you apparently failed to do in preschool.

don't be an asshole is like rule number one of being alive as part of a community.

if you don't like the work to the point you feel the urge to be an ass to a complete stranger, don't read it. you and i both lose nothing if you never come back. i don't work for you.

blessings upon anyone who knows you on a personal level, something tells me they could use it.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
hi, wow, this was unbelievably unnecessarily caustic.

'all over the place' refers to the differences between the titles in official translations, as the first time i encountered this series was thru the crunchyroll anime. the titles are different between the two.

i JUST got a hold of the LN and i'm trying. my translations aren't perfect because it's a hobby and i'm not a professional. i'm learning, something you apparently failed to do in preschool.

don't be an asshole is like rule number one of being alive as part of a community.

if you don't like the work don't read it. i lose nothing if you never come back. i don't work for you.

blessings upon anyone who knows you on a personal level, something tells me they could use it.

He was speaking strictly about your translation, which is all over the place. And you have to bring up people he knows on a personal level? Wtf?
Someone being direct =/= being caustic.
You are putting something out there, people will point out when you say something wrong. I would avoid making claim using these notices, and see if you can find a proofreader. Your translation is all over the place.
You got offered up direct criticism, you would have preferred it if it was sugar coated. Smh.

Group Leader
You are putting something out there, people will point out when you say something wrong.
people are constantly letting me know i did something wrong. somehow they manage to not do so with a tone of complete disdain. they say it like you did here:

The translation unfortunately has errors in a lot of places... Stuff that anyone who knows the lore would know is wrong. They need a proofreader who... actually reads the book.
And yeah the claim that the official TL is all over the place is kind of a messed up claim to make. Bookworm is super consistent. The claim is even more messed up when, this translation is the definition of all over the place.

the way you said this was both direct and reasonable. none of that weird arrogant disrespect that comes with saying shit like "wrong on so many levels", "you're just making a claim", "have you even read it", "your opinion is unbelievably wrong" like all of that is very rude and yes, caustic, and being so entrenched in online comment sections that one could genuinely think that's an acceptable way to talk to a stranger is two degrees from brain-rot.

i don't accept being spoken to that disrespectfully by a total stranger.

You got offered up direct criticism, you would have preferred it if it was sugar coated. Smh.

i got offered up a rude comment from a rude person who acts like they don't actually care if the content improves, it seems like they just wanted to be angry out loud and hurl bs at a stranger. i'm not the one.

i will take the criticism from people who can deliver it like a normal person with basic manners and not the human embodiment of /a/.

Contributor
hi, wow, this was unbelievably unnecessarily caustic. every single thing you said could have been delivered with kindness and grace, but you decide to be rude.
I wasn't being rude, I didn't call you names, I didn't insuated anything about your personal relations like you did mine. Giving direct critism isn't being caustic.
You wrote this: "In the light novel, the job titles are all over the place imo" What you meant was "Job titles between the light novel and the anime are all over the place, imo"
i JUST got a hold of the LN a week ago and i'm trying. my translations aren't perfect because it's a hobby and i'm not a professional. i'm learning, something you apparently failed to do in preschool.
Well, that answers my question with regards to you not knowing stuff. Truly I am glad you are picking it, it's fun to read about this gremlin. I'm tempted to also insult you back for that preschool comment but I will refrain, since the grammar you use in your translation is telling enough.

if you don't like the work to the point you feel the urge to be an ass to a complete stranger, don't read it. you and i both lose nothing if you never come back. i don't work for you.
I don't know why you are being so defensive here, and obviously if what you put out is shit, I won't read it.
Blessings upon anyone who has to deal with anyone who is as sensitive as you are.

Aggregator gang
the way you said this was both direct and reasonable. none of that weird arrogant disrespect that comes with saying shit like "wrong on so many levels", "you're just making a claim", "have you even read it", "your opinion is unbelievably wrong" like all of that is very rude and yes, caustic, and being so entrenched in online comment sections that one could genuinely think that's an acceptable way to talk to a stranger is two degrees from brain-rot.
Tbh it is "wrong on so many levels" What you put in your notice was a weird claim. which was, yes, unbelievable wrong. Like man, if you put something out there, people can and will comment on it.
To me it sounds like your attributing all these extra thing to the comment, like tone when I see someone who had the same reaction I had when I read that odd notice. Which was phrase really poorly (now that I understand what you were trying to say).
i will take the criticism from people who can deliver it like a normal person with basic manners and not the human embodiment of /a/.
So basically if someone give you valid criticism in way you don't like, you will ignore it. I'mma be real with you, that sounds like a brain-rot to me.
Let me tell you something, sometimes people who don't care about your feelings are the ones can offer up the best criticisms since they don't care about hurting your feelings and will just tell you how it is.

You're the machine, Bike! We can ride these chapters all the way to to the end of Part 3 with the way you're just pumping these chapters out. As someone that felt the urge to try and redo the early chapters of this and part 4 but never gathered up the effort I really admire that.

I've read your comments on previous chapters and know you're learning the source material as you go, so I don't have a problem with your mistakes. Especially since you've been, overall, very positive about corrections offered to you. I am just throwing this thought out here, but it's possible that some of those you see as detractors are European. To make a sweeping generalization I'd say that they often come across as more blunt and that might be what is grinding your gears here.

Anyway. Stay hydrated out there while biking, Bike.

Group Leader
I don't know why you are being so defensive here, and obviously if what you put out is shit, I won't read it.

Blessings upon anyone who has to deal with anyone who is as sensitive as you are.
i'm defensive and sensitive because i'm a human person with feelings doing a hobby i enjoyed, and you were mean as hell for genuinely no reason at all. 'you got this wrong' is not an acceptable reason to act like that. everything you said could have been said with kindness, giving grace to someone who is learning, and encouraging them to try harder. it could have even been said with stark neutrality if kindness and grace are so difficult.

"pff, hmph, this tells me all i need to know, you used a previous fan translation of a name before you had access to the light novel so clearly you don't know what you're doing etc etc" can very very easily be "hey, this should be that, you missed this thing and the other thing on page whatever. why did you choose that translation? where did you get that information?" like christ would it kill you to have been even remotely normal about this? would it actually cause you pain? or is it that being normal simply would not have been as satisfying as jabbing? would it just not have felt as good as saying "you were asking for it by doing something i didn't like so i'm completely justified."

im not ashamed of being a sensitive person who doesn't want to be spoken to like that. i was a lot like you're being back when i was a teenager and it's an absolutely miserable way to live. i'm honestly sorry if thats how you were taught to speak to others, if thats how others have spoken to you, because people don't deserve that. being nice to people is free and extremely easy. i sincerely hope you get to that point someday.

i'm not responding to this anymore. i have one hobby left that i'm able to do anymore and i'm not going to entertain people who disparage my effort to learn it because they're such a super coolguy hardass that being a dick online to strangers seems like a fun thursday night activity.

Contributor
i'm not responding to this anymore. i have one hobby left that i'm able to do anymore and i'm not going to entertain people who disparage my effort to learn it because they're such a super coolguy hardass that being a dick online to strangers seems like a fun thursday night activity.
I think you misunderstand the intention of my intial comment. And you know what I am sorry if you felt the tone of it was caustic.
I will say that despite the many issues I have with the translation, it is impressive how quickly you're progressing. And the typesetting is fairly decent, again, considering the speed.
i got offered up a rude comment from a rude person who acts like they don't actually care if the content improves,
That might be how I came across to you, but that's not actually true. What you need is a proofreader with LN knowledge. Join the bookworm discord https://discord.gg/honzuki So many people with in-depth knowledge would be happy to help you. Believe it or not, I don't get joy from criticizing you; it was more of a knee-jerk reaction to that oddly phrased notice.

Aggregator gang
it was more of a knee-jerk reaction to that oddly phrased notice.
tbh that notice was not oddly phrased, its horribly phrased. It was asking for misinterpretation, then when people did just that, it needlessly turned emotional.

The correct response to your criticism would be:
"I didn't realize, and yes I haven't read the source material yet I bought them and its on my list, my bad for getting obvious things wrong. And actually in my notice I meant, not the LN, but between the 'LN and the anime'. I wasn't trying to make the claim the official translation is inconsistent. I'll fix the notice so it doesn't read like that."

But no, it turns into this really weird rant about being an emotionally sensitive person. I don't want to be mean but no one needed to know any of that personal stuff said in that rant. I hope it was them just having a bad day. Cuz reacting to direct criticism in such a way doesn't bode well. Also just want to say, the use of the words "stranger" is soooo stupid. Everyone online is a stranger. Its a moot thing to say and only make you look like a child.

Praise be to the Gods and I hope everyone takes good care of themselves. :hearts:

Dex-chan lover
Ah, thanks, totally forgot about the anime. And it looks like it's even more complex... In season 1 anime sub & dub referred Bezewanst as "the high priest" (episode 13, around 00:17 mark). Same with season 2 anime (episode 1, around 00:07). However, in season 3 he is referred as "bishop" in subs in some cases (ep 1 18:26) and "high priest" in others (ep 3 05:38). Dubs still translated him as "high priest".

Ferdinand is consistently translated as head priest.
Just saying, but there are a lot of Fan-Subs of the Anime along with official Crunchyroll Subs.
That's why it seems like there were so many inconsistencies.

So, in order to find the official version, better check the Dubs, as those would never have Fan-versions.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that in your Notice page, you didn't mention anything about the Anime causing the confusion.

As for the other translations of the titles, it is the fault of the Part I & II fan-translator TOOR Scans who for some reason didn't want to go with either the official Anime or LN/Manga translation consistently and went with their own to differentiate themselves (causing more confusion among the readers), and this is a well known issue among the readers.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
What you need is a proofreader with LN knowledge. Join the bookworm discord https://discord.gg/honzuki So many people with in-depth knowledge would be happy to help you.
I agree with you on this part. But we also have to admit @bicyclebastard has been progressing on his releases, which are better now than the earlier chapters.

In a way, I view the work you (meccaflare) do and the work bicyclebastard do differently. Meccaflare, you do translations for bookworm content that will very likely never get an official translation, so the requirement on quality is much higher, to get something that even in the long run will stay on par with the official releases, whether it is for the Comic Anthology or the various SS you and your team translate.

Bicyclebastard, on the other hand, is translating the part 3 manga, something that will end up getting replaced in the long run by the official translation of JNC and Quof. So reading this translation is just something to help us wait for the official translation that will inevitably arrive (in a few years?).

Users who are viewing this thread