Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Lemon seems to still be into him after all those years. This will be a punch in the gut when she realises he's into Kogahara.

Dex-chan lover
Painfully contrived to the point of silliness, like the writer randomly picked three annoying manga tropes and blended them up. Uninteresting body swap gimmick, fake NTR bullshit and upcoming tedious love triangle slop. Ex-girlfriend sucks too, so obviously the writer will try to make her sympathetic.

Contributor
So far Ex-Gf seems more like Mary Sue: good at cooking and studying, popular, good housemate, fashionable, actually never cheated.

Meanwhile MC is just a generic self-insert protagonist without any characteristics. Averege or below average at everything and without any passion/hobby.

Group Leader
what the fuck is that localizated title?
it's because bitch/whore/slut is too strong of a word for manga plus?

anyway, so far the comedy is cliché, but i like that they actually thinking even in how the hell the body swap would work.

and i'm calling it, probably she said that stupid lie because some shit like she didn't want him to follow her and make him change his path or something.

so still stupid lie because there's better ways to say that than lying that you were a three.timed bitch

Dex-chan lover
So far Ex-Gf seems more like Mary Sue: good at cooking and studying, popular, good housemate, fashionable, actually never cheated.

Meanwhile MC is just a generic self-insert protagonist without any characteristics. Averege or below average at everything and without any passion/hobby.
Agreed, so generic so far. It would have been more interesting if the author keep the lie obscured from the reader more time, or if indeed had it happen. Because let's be honest the MC has that face of a NTR protagonist. And let me be clear I don't like NTR, but with the way those MC's are written, bland and as generic as possible, it is not surprising cheating happens.

Contributor
Agreed, so generic so far. It would have been more interesting if the author keep the lie obscured from the reader more time, or if indeed had it happen. Because let's be honest the MC has that face of a NTR protagonist. And let me be clear I don't like NTR, but with the way those MC's are written, bland and as generic as possible, it is not surprising cheating happens.
Just so happens I also wrote comment about it under chapter 1. And it's pretty similar to what you said, besides MC looking like NTR protagonist. I don't read many NTR stories.

CopyPaste:
"It would be much more interesting. Being stuck against your will with someone who betrayed you.
Having GF who cheated also would be more relatable than just having girlfriend who LIED THAT SHE CHEATED???"

Dex-chan lover
Just so happens I also wrote comment about it under chapter 1. And it's pretty similar to what you said, besides MC looking like NTR protagonist. I don't read many NTR stories.

CopyPaste:
"It would be much more interesting. Being stuck against your will with someone who betrayed you.
Having GF who cheated also would be more relatable than just having girlfriend who LIED THAT SHE CHEATED???"
I don't care much myself(not NTR fan at all). I give stories a shot to do what they want and react to how they execute it, over inserting my own preferences.

But I do think at minimum it would've been better to wait a bit before revealing that the cheating was a lie to the audience.

Having mc have to liveand work with someone who hurt him deeply that 3 years later he still is conflicted over it, with a character who appears guiltless having cheated on him (interested in only herself), would've been more interesting. Kinda like Love Agency, where surface impressions of characters flipped after some development.

Let us grow to hate her for cheating shamelessly, to then learn she had to lie for some reason, and genuinely seeks to make amends as soon as she reconnected with him. And even despite her own feelings, become his wingwoman in pursuing her roommate.

I won't say I dislike the series(body swap/transformation series are usually fun ways to add drama, comedy, etc)(yet, it's only 2 chapters), but it's starting premise/emphasis is certainly a bit weak. But all that means is the author just needs to put more work to make the series engaging. Maybe it will soar, maybe it will nosedive.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this shit, when people don't have balls to commit to their premise. Like bad guys "i was actually good guy all along/mind controlled, so let me join you without any repercussions because readers like me", "my little sister is X" stories where they are not actually siblings/MC will go non incest route, "I'm the bad guy" where MC is actually good, or "slow life" isekais which are full of action/weakest guy is actually op... we are getting to the point where if you read title, you should assume story will play out opposite to what's in it.

Aggregator gang
lemon faking the cheating thing is the most obvious thing i've ever seen in a piece of media. like more obvious than darth vader dying

Dex-chan lover

I mean that's how the majority of these "school-based" rom-coms are. "She's good and studying and sports. She kind to everyone and she is the cutest girl at school. Admired by all boys and girls" While the guy's most redeeming qualities are he's just a "nice guy". I kind of like this because it's so freaking over the top. They left it so vague, so I am interested to see what's up with the ex gf.

Dex-chan lover

So far true, but you do have to remember that there have literally only been two chapters. You gotta let the author cook. This definitely could be as bad as kanokari, but it also could actually be good. We just don't know yet.

And at least the art is good.

Dex-chan lover
I don't care much myself(not NTR fan at all). I give stories a shot to do what they want and react to how they execute it, over inserting my own preferences.

But I do think at minimum it would've been better to wait a bit before revealing that the cheating was a lie to the audience.

Having mc have to liveand work with someone who hurt him deeply that 3 years later he still is conflicted over it, with a character who appears guiltless having cheated on him (interested in only herself), would've been more interesting. Kinda like Love Agency, where surface impressions of characters flipped after some development.

Let us grow to hate her for cheating shamelessly, to then learn she had to lie for some reason, and genuinely seeks to make amends as soon as she reconnected with him. And even despite her own feelings, become his wingwoman in pursuing her roommate.

I won't say I dislike the series(body swap/transformation series are usually fun ways to add drama, comedy, etc)(yet, it's only 2 chapters), but it's starting premise/emphasis is certainly a bit weak. But all that means is the author just needs to put more work to make the series engaging. Maybe it will soar, maybe it will nosedive.
Finally, someone else who has realized that the author hasn't even started cooking yet. I definitely agree that it would have been best to save that reveal for later and have a slower paced reveal that recontectualizes the character.

For now I'm having fun speculating on what she wished on the star for and why she lied. For that, I'm glad I checked the Mangadex popular section, which is usually chock full of absolute garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread