Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I was waiting for him to realize lol. And also it starts to kinda irk me tho when we see this kind of stuff come up. Like we know Lemon has a hard time telling people no, but that was certainly kinda inatentive? Is that the word?

Like, for someone who supposedly still cares about someone Sunao, she certainly doesn't seem to mind giving him a ton of extra trouble? From all the past arcs we have seen so far it has basically been:

Lemon wants to do something/agrees to do something despite knowing half the time it'll be Sunao. Sunao has to resolve it.

Someone is in love with/admires Lemon and Sunao has to resolve it before it gets outta hand. (Even if that is partially Sunao that got crushed on despite it kinda seemingly going to the back of his buds mind)

The few times Sunao DOES want to do something or have something, it accidentally falls into the day cuz it's out of his control, and is actually a negative that he doesn't get to do it in his eyes lol. Like wanting to go on the movie date but nah (even if sometimes Lemon accidentally ends up helping him out)

It does feel a bit unbalanced but I guess it's cuz ultimately the main Character is Sunao so he's the one who has to go through like events happening to him, vs the others.

Dex-chan lover
I was waiting for him to realize lol. And also it starts to kinda irk me tho when we see this kind of stuff come up. Like we know Lemon has a hard time telling people no, but that was certainly kinda inatentive? Is that the word?

Like, for someone who supposedly still cares about someone Sunao, she certainly doesn't seem to mind giving him a ton of extra trouble? From all the past arcs we have seen so far it has basically been:

Lemon wants to do something/agrees to do something despite knowing half the time it'll be Sunao. Sunao has to resolve it.

Someone is in love with/admires Lemon and Sunao has to resolve it before it gets outta hand. (Even if that is partially Sunao that got crushed on despite it kinda seemingly going to the back of his buds mind)

The few times Sunao DOES want to do something or have something, it accidentally falls into the day cuz it's out of his control, and is actually a negative that he doesn't get to do it in his eyes lol. Like wanting to go on the movie date but nah (even if sometimes Lemon accidentally ends up helping him out)

It does feel a bit unbalanced but I guess it's cuz ultimately the main Character is Sunao so he's the one who has to go through like events happening to him, vs the others.
It's on him this time around, she just assumed he was alright with it

Fed-Kun's army
A good manga might've used this opportunity to cast Lemon and Sunao into the lead roles so they could actually develop their relationship beyond "I still love him but won't say it for some reason" and "I'm traumatized by her cheating on me but I never act like it uwu"

Or, if the manga followed its current comedy with no development path, it'd still be funny to have them both cast into a body swap movie, maybe that could even be the catalyst for a certain someone finally learning they swap? (Seriously why the fuck haven't they told her)

Dex-chan lover
- I'm more surprised that glasses bro didn't say anything about it.
Glasses bro, just like Lemon, assumed Sunao was fine with it. I mean, Sunao was part of the group pushing them to do it y'know lol

Why does the MC still act so kindly towards Lemon after she told him that she cheated on him with 4 guys. I swear these spineless generic ass MCs...

Double-page supporter
A good manga might've used this opportunity to cast Lemon and Sunao into the lead roles so they could actually develop their relationship beyond "I still love him but won't say it for some reason" and "I'm traumatized by her cheating on me but I never act like it uwu"

Or, if the manga followed its current comedy with no development path, it'd still be funny to have them both cast into a body swap movie, maybe that could even be the catalyst for a certain someone finally learning they swap? (Seriously why the fuck haven't they told her)
I actually really really want that now! I agree with a lot of this. So far this manga seems like it is missing the point of the body swap plots with a lot of this unnecessary plotlines with side characters. I understand the pageant is one thing, but what about swapping TO MAKE THEIR RELATIONSHIP BETTER?! Like even if they don't end up together... The whole point is to see the two leads GROW as characters, not weird Body swap slice-of-life shenanigans. Sunao is the lead male character, Lemon is supposed the love interest... Yet... so far there are hardly anything between them and trying to talk out/about what she did to him when they broke up. This pacing is kinda urking me a LOT with that. I do like these interactions and this overall is an "OK" manga. I like lemon a lot, although it seems like her character is an afterthought; for being one of the main characters that is supposed to be apart of this whole shibakle

At this point it sort of just seems like this manga isn't very concerned about solving or progressing anything about the relationship of Lemon and Sunao.

Why else would they make the guy who was traumatized away from romance be so passive and overall ok with her? The fact that the lie about cheating hasn't been addressed even in a minor context also just sort of points to the idea that progression isn't a priority.

Dex-chan lover
If you ignore the last page, this is what this manga would be like without all the bodyswaping. I kinda dig it.

Double-page supporter
Why does the MC still act so kindly towards Lemon after she told him that she cheated on him with 4 guys. I swear these spineless generic ass MCs...
At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the author forgot about that setup. They seem to forget about the body swapping aspect sometimes.

It feels like they wanted to write a generic Heisei love triangle romcom, but got told it was too worn out, so they threw in the cheating and bodyswapping to get the pilot past the editors.

Users who are viewing this thread