Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
I guess the author is tired of the original cheating lie plot holding back the story.

Fair enough, they clearly regreted writing that plot device, and did everything to ignore it entirely through the whole story.

May as well get rid of that plot all together, that way they can do romcom hijinks without worries.

Dex-chan lover
I really dont think this was some big twist or swerve or rewrite or whatever you might want to call it on the "cheating" thing. I think this makes sense and was always how it would go.

If anything it just explains why he has been pretty chill with her for the series after reconnecting with her. Little by little realizing something was off but just this is the first time he's actually really thinking/talking about it aloud. Him figuring it out really is the best option, theres clearly still a WHY she told the lie after all, its not even remotely a dropped plotline.

But this way it shows he's seeing her for her and not as the lie.

And also...why would they ask Raika why she was on "their side" there, they can't have missed the signs. xD

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, she was a 4-timing bitch according to the MC on the first chapters. If it's a lie then why tell him that?

Dex-chan lover
Progress in one of the main issues
Nice
images

Aggregator gang
I guess the author is tired of the original cheating lie plot holding back the story.

Fair enough, they clearly regreted writing that plot device, and did everything to ignore it entirely through the whole story.

May as well get rid of that plot all together, that way they can do romcom hijinks without worries.
Holy shit, I wrote a similar comment on ch14 or ch15 saying author cornered themselves with too many secrets and plotlines and they were dragging the story to somehow get away from it. Thank god it didn't last long. I was expecting another 2 volumes to get through that misunderstanding plotline.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, I wrote a similar comment on ch14 or ch15 saying author cornered themselves with too many secrets and plotlines and they were dragging the story to somehow get away from it. Thank god it didn't last long. I was expecting another 2 volumes to get through that misunderstanding plotline.
The next big mystery left is why the fuck did Lemon even say that dumb lie in the first place.

My hope is that the reason is tied to why they are now switching souls. It would at least give the lie some purpose in the story.

Aggregator gang
The next big mystery left is why the fuck did Lemon even say that dumb lie in the first place.

My hope is that the reason is tied to why they are now switching souls. It would at least give the lie some purpose in the story.
Maybe that Germany job has to do something with it. And we know why they swapped bodies tho. It's in the first chapter. Lemon was wishing for clear the misunderstanding or getting closer to MC. I think they will stop swapping once Lemon confesses her story and feelings. But I want them to continue to swap till their death to solidify their bond:glee:

Dex-chan lover
I figured he would learn that what she said when they were younger was a lie through inference (she is a good person, people like her, and doesn't have many enemies), or maybe because when he switched with her body, he might have found something where she wrote that she regrets her actions or that she still likes him and it was a lie.

Like many people, I think the big question is "why?" Girls don't break up with a guy they deeply love, at least without a good reason.

How is addressing it equivalent of getting "rid of the plot(point) altogether"? This comment is confusing as a whole because at no point did it feel that the author regretted the cheating lie "plot device", and didn't "do anything to ignore it".

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I think it's more of a "finally we are addressing the main plot". It took 5 months to get back on the track. After that uni festival arc, till now it felt like plot was progressing sideways not forward. Now that MMC knows, everytime they interact there will be tension. Till now it felt like MMC was suffering through a nightmare with no end in sight.

Aggregator gang
Oh my God, Sunao finally understands what happened! 32 chapters later.

Now the question is: who will kiss in the play? Sunao or Lemon in Sunao's body?

Dex-chan lover
If anything it just explains why he has been pretty chill with her for the series after reconnecting with her. Little by little realizing something was off but just this is the first time he's actually really thinking/talking about it aloud. Him figuring it out really is the best option, theres clearly still a WHY she told the lie after all, its not even remotely a dropped plotline.
Yeah, I actually like this "twist". It shows that he isn't completely oblivious, and he might have suspected that she had probably lied about it from early on. Do think the impact on his mental state should have factored into it more, though.

Dex-chan lover
So between his trauma filled adolescence life (which he forgot the moment he saw Lemon) and meeting Lemon again, what caused him suddenly figure out that it was probably a lie? Because everyone loves her? There is a massive disconnect here. There is literally nothing worthy of note happened from when he cursed her name (ch1) to when they went around like nothing is wrong (ch2 and onwards).

I'm on the boat of "i regret starting the premise with this and i can't run anymore so i'm gonna get it over with no matter how stupid it looks". There is still the "why" and her "i don't even care" attitude towards the break up since she still thinks she has a chance and doesn't even consider the damage that lie might have caused him. (well so does the author since chapter 1 if we are being honest.) She still didn't tell him btw. That's how little she cares. He somehow figured it out by divine intervention.

This is probably done so that Sunao x Lemon ship can actually have people aboard which is obviously the end game after this chapter. We are back to generic romcom route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread