Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
The next big mystery left is why the fuck did Lemon even say that dumb lie in the first place.

My hope is that the reason is tied to why they are now switching souls. It would at least give the lie some purpose in the story.
dw, author is gonna find a way to make it unimportant next volume

Supporter
Well im dropping this manga not going to wait around for “why did you lie to me lemon?” “We where going to different schools and I needed to focus on my studies I knew it would be hard on our relationship so I thought I would end it with you hating me so you wouldn’t think less of your self i am so sorry I never realized it would hurt you 😔” then they can kiss after 20 more chapters and live happily ever after.

This is the step in the right direction. Finally we have the big question being addressed. Sunao is also smarter than expected for figuring out it's a lie, though I wish this was ruminated on more than just coming out of left field this chapter. All in all, I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and hoping we get a confrontation within 10 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
So between his trauma filled adolescence life (which he forgot the moment he saw Lemon) and meeting Lemon again, what caused him suddenly figure out that it was probably a lie? Because everyone loves her? There is a massive disconnect here. There is literally nothing worthy of note happened from when he cursed her name (ch1) to when they went around like nothing is wrong (ch2 and onwards).

I'm on the boat of "i regret starting the premise with this and i can't run anymore so i'm gonna get it over with no matter how stupid it looks". There is still the "why" and her "i don't even care" attitude towards the break up since she still thinks she has a chance and doesn't even consider the damage that lie might have caused him. (well so does the author since chapter 1 if we are being honest.) She still didn't tell him btw. That's how little she cares. He somehow figured it out by divine intervention.

This is probably done so that Sunao x Lemon ship can actually have people aboard which is obviously the end game after this chapter. We are back to generic romcom route.
I mean living as lemon for month does help too

Its not really sudden, plus they won't just forget about this plot line he still has questions on why she'd lie to him he only "thinks" is a lie so he ain't 100% sure.

I mean living as her for months and no men around her or in her messages will definitely make you think that

Dex-chan lover
Makes alot of sense why hes being so nice to Lemon since he doenst believe she actually cheated on him

Dex-chan lover
Sigh...knew something was up even before reading just by the number of comments. Still annoyed by the people who moan every week about this plotline, but I guess we can get the whole lying thing over with and this can continue on as a normal slice-of-life manga.

Bonus points for even Sunao the social moron being emotionally mature enough to realize she probably lied after he got to know her again. Compare that with the average "why is he hanging out with the lying bitchhhhh" comment and you get some sad insight into your average mangadex reader.

Sunao can be dense, but he's nowhere near as emotionally dumb as so many people seem to think he is. Lemon literally says she loves him because of how he picks up on little things that tell him how the people around him are actually feeling. Kogahara has pretty much fallen for him because of the same reason. He's only dense when he's caught up in his feelings/delusions. Like how anyone would be.
There's also like alotta complaints about things the author does address, just not directly in bold letters. It's not hard to infer though. Are people really just not giving any attention to anything not directly said. Like being friendly with Lemon from the start. Kogahara straight says she doesn't like guys with unresolved feelings about an ex. He immediately starts thinking about how to get over Lemon.

Double-page supporter
if the next chapter doesn't have sunao confused on why she lied the editor told the mangaka to scrap the original premise

Dex-chan lover
I really dont think this was some big twist or swerve or rewrite or whatever you might want to call it on the "cheating" thing. I think this makes sense and was always how it would go.

If anything it just explains why he has been pretty chill with her for the series after reconnecting with her. Little by little realizing something was off but just this is the first time he's actually really thinking/talking about it aloud. Him figuring it out really is the best option, theres clearly still a WHY she told the lie after all, its not even remotely a dropped plotline.

But this way it shows he's seeing her for her and not as the lie.

And also...why would they ask Raika why she was on "their side" there, they can't have missed the signs. xD
No, this doesn't make sense because he's been too chill from the start..... like, if he slowly started to understand, that'd be one thing.... but for 32 of the 34 chapters, author practically pretended it didn't exist and treated it closer to a regular romcom and them like childhood friends than exes......

It was a dropped plot line because it was ignored for way too long...... and author is just bringing it up now because he can't just pretend he didn't do it...

Way too much of the story ignored the point and didn't make use of it and author probably realized that he'd need to add a lot more drama if he really wanted to focus on it.....

Users who are viewing this thread