Horimiya - Vol. 14 Ch. 102 - Family Restaurant

Dex-chan lover
I think the author of this series is a huge yaoi lover, and isn't particularly trying to hide it.

@sabercantbethiscute
zfl0CT0.gif

@jmann actually it's still great and funny(even if the characters can be a bit indistinguishable at times) and you can stop reading the series instead of bellyachin' about "disrespecting the reader" or some shit if it continuing with its slice of life stuff somehow offends you lol

Dex-chan lover
@Jmann Horimiya is based on a webcomic, the proposal was pretty much the final stretch, if we go back to plot, it ends immediately. There's no plot left actually, so just sit back and enjoy, and if you can't, just leave it till you hear that it ended, because you're not getting any plot anymore until it ends.

Wah wah wah, the author isn't doing what I want home to do and my imagination of the future plot isn't coming true so I'm going to write a complaint in the comments of a non-Japanese manga reading website.

Just enjoy the manga for what it is, an amusing story about high school romance, and don't expect constant character development because it can't happen, otherwise they would change beyond recognition.

why you hef be mad?, is only manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Darklight99 Or option B: instead of manga original filler to pad it out until the webcomic ending how about manga original content extending beyond or parallel to that ending? I mean why does it have to end where the webcomic did? Why can't it explore peripheral characters that didn't get a definitive romantic conclusion in the webcomic and give them one here (like the Sakura x Yanagi tease)? Why can't we have post marriage Hori and Mia doing married couple shit, her experiences during pregnancy etc then doing stuff with their kid? I mean look at Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san; It has two sequels and multiple side stories done by like 3 authors that are all official canon.

We could have our cake and eat it here! I'm enjoying the filler but I do sympathise with those that just want something more substantial to happen.

Dex-chan lover
Finally caught up after a long break, I honestly think it's probably the best way to read manga (spoiled by regular style books) as I don't want to wait for it to be complete. At the same time reading something chapter by chapter is painfully slow. That said very enjoyable to read through 70+ chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread