Horimiya - Vol. 15 Ch. 114 - Treasuring You

I think this is the point where I realized that the quality drop in this series would be permanent tbh,, Hori is only getting more violent and weird towards Miyamura and it's not good. Also bring back Miyamura's goth/punk longhaired look it was better than this normieshit Average Anime Boy look he's wearing now

Treasure yourself then proceed to kick your bf huh? I don't know if Hori's trait is supposed to be cute but somehow she's getting unhealthy and abusive and doesn't make sense

It just seems weird when they never got around to talk why did he did the piercings

Group Leader
Hori seemed really interesting and fun in the beginning but now she's just an abusive and toxic character.

This is my take on this manga but the reason why miyamura got ear pircing was because of him being bullied and left out. He figured if he could tolerate the pain of getting ear piercings he could also tolerate the pain of being alone well at least that waht i think

Yes another comment about yes I get the symbolism of his piercings being a form of self harm for Miyamura. But like, if he still wants to have multiple piercings just because he likes to then respect to him.

I'm starting to dislike the manga. It was good in the beginning and had some high points but now I'm just tired of Hori's physical abuse=affection bullshit. I know irl people who would slap each others shoulders but Hori straight up aims for sensitive spots.

Don't even get me started about the queer bait and exessive insensitive gay jokes.

I'm gonna finish this till the latest chapter but Imma drop it immidiately after. OG Miyamura's look was best. He's ok rn but it feels like he needs to change to date his slowly becoming shitty girl friend.
Gentlemen if your girl hits you for something you like doing you should probably consider splitting up if you can't come to a peaceful compromise.

Might come back once the manga is complete just to see how it ends.

I thought the comments were talking about Miyamura's piercings and weren't the only worst part of his body but damn people start criticizing Miyamura and Hori-san like a typical rom-com couple.

Saw the comments

I see, i won’t check them again.

As much as it is a slice of life and some parts are realistic, people need to remember that it is also a comedy, a manga, and not based on true to life story. It is a fiction meant for entertainment. If it it hit the spot, then good. If not, then too bad. I don’t think it should be taken seriously just to get stressed over it. But yeah, each of their own.

Double-page supporter
well miyamura is definitely not getting the wing tattoo now

This chapter didn't sit well with me. All this time I have been on Hori's side and ignored all the gay jokes and abuse jokes because that's all they were,jokes. But stopping a man from doing what he presumably wants to do just because you don't like it,I draw the line at that. It ruins the soul of what Horimiya is like didn't Miyamura started liking her because she didn't judge people by their looks and accepted him with his tattoos and piercings?

I get that the tattoos and piercings are portrayed as his form of self harm and it justifies Hori's line about "Treasure yourself" but it is obvious that he has left that depressive state behind and is way happier now. So now if he wants to show off his piercings and tattoos,why is she stopping him?

I never complained about her beating him up because they were most probably exaggerated versions of what they actually would have in real life which is a light slap or Bonk on head. But this chapter displays that she is asking him to change himself according to her desires. If he himself didn't want to and was forcing himself to then it would have been fine but he clearly wants to do it,so she shouldn't stop him from doing what he wants.

Maybe I am reading too much into a light hearted rom-com manga but this chapter felt wrong to me. I am definitely not going to drop it just because of this and I will read it till the end

This was such a good opportunity for the two of them to discuss about his past and the reason of his piercings too. I honestly got excited reading the first page and seeing the number of comments because I thought they were finally going to explore the personalities of each other 😔

Fed-Kun's army
I like his piercings though, am lowkey sad he doesn't wear as many earrings in recent chapters...
but I'm starting to remember why I hadn't read this in a year, as much as I like this series

Users who are viewing this thread