Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119 - Heels

lol they both want to give the best impression to their SO's parents.
That's sweet.

Fed-Kun's army
@Jmann
as are with most anime adaptations, its likely just a way of making the manga more popular
The author probably doesn't get as much from the anime as he would from the manga sale boost from after it

Dex-chan lover
It feels weird knowing this is getting an anime after seeing the super old OVA episodes for it years ago, but its great nonetheless to see this series getting spotlight again for more people to enjoy potentially. Also Hori and Miyamura's dynamic is still on point after all these chapters, aka putting the heels on Miyamura when he wasn't really paying attention.

I already knew that horimiya would get anime adaptation after the "hori-san to miyamura-kun" 3 eps OVA... damn that took a long time for horimiya.. But i'm happy after all.. And this chapter is sure lovely

HORIMIYA IS GETTING AN ANIME
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HORIMIYA WAS LEGIT MY FIRST ROMANCE MANGA EVER
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DUDE I USED TO PRAY FOR IT TO GET AN ANIME IN GFRADE 6 LETS GOOOO

@Jman His mother already appeared a couple of times but it's the first time that she and Hori appear together iirc. Like we weren't even sure the met before this chapter.

And about the other issue you raise I don't really get it since I'm pretty sure most anime starts when there manga isn't completed anyway. And additionally here the story is actually finished since the web comic is.

If the horimiya looks the same as season 1 or 2 it'll probably flop. SoL is usually light-hearted, and a common way to achieve that is through vibrant colours and sparkles, which were non-existent in both seasons. The anime was just full colours with no gradient and there were only a few details per scene. Some say that the storytelling was good, and I can see where they're coming from. But, look me in the eye and say that people watch slice of life for the storytelling. no. They come for the jokes, seasonal waifu, and eye candy.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is this the first time we saw Miyamura's mum????

@b4nji did you even watch SoL anime lmao.

nobody watch Showa Genroku for visual treat and waifus
nobody watch 3-Gatsu no Lion for those stuff
nobody watch Kino no Tabi for jokes and waifus
nobody watch Natsume Yuujinchou for all those stuff either
nobody even watch Yurucamp and Non non Biyori for waifus.

but eh, maybe they're not SoL after all ~

Users who are viewing this thread