Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 120

Dex-chan lover
damn, props to you guys for that proverb translation
I've seen even official English translations that would rather translate directly and then use notes to explain those jokes

Group Leader
Your care for and efforts in not only translating that passage, but discussing the best course of action within the team and trying different options, and explaining it to the readers, are much appreciated. This is the kind of quality that sets TSP above your peers.

I really appreciate the tl note at the end because I was quite confused by the "spare the rod, spoil the child" passage hahaha. I personally find the literal translations with the note easier to understand, but the effort the team has pursued to make the joke work in the English context is very admirable. That was a smart way to play around with it, especially with how the series loves playing around with word plays and jokes, they're really witty and very tricky!! Thank you all for the wonderful work you've done for this series!!

TSP

Group Leader
Thanks for the love bomb guys <3
Made my morning.

ahhh the ending feels near--- BUT IM THINKING.. BEACH EPISODE POST GRADUATION? miyamura tattoo reveal LMAO????

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for the translation note.
However, in this particular case, I think it would have made more sense to keep the original right in the chapter.
After all, the saying and the joke about it are explained by the characters themselves in the very next page.
Otherwise, it's an ok way to proceed.

I personally prefer having the original version along with a quick note to explain hard-to-translate concepts in the margin, but it also works this way, with the original version in a TN at the end.

Wow thank you for the TL! Thank you for treating it with care and intention. Great job TSP!

Dex-chan lover
It seems we actually will see the ending soon. It looks like a big Miyamura's tattoo reveal on a beach is coming for the ending/epilogue, which will be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread