Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Entrance Ceremony

Dex-chan lover
I know that we are expecting the princess to show up since she's on the cover.. but man.. what a start.. obviously she gonna have a character development but can we atop normalizing a tsundere who not only loud and rude but also using physical force? She's basically commit an assault but of course nobody can do nothing since she's a princess. Its obvious she doesn't need to apologize since mc will be the bigger person and apologize for 'not playing along with her plot of being her rival'.
Btw, she's not gonna be his waifu right? The waifu is his cousin who loves astronomy right? This is the only time i dont mind incest if the choices are between those two. Also the cousin is also a tsundere but i dont remember her being violent.
read at spoiler at your risk
main hero gets princess preggers

Dex-chan lover
Karma landing a critical blow to her pride aside, those moments are pure nightmare material for people not accustomed to public speaking.
Once you're more use to public speaking will you feel more comfortable to adlib stuff you forgot, but before that you'll wish the ground would just swallow you up.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I do feel he kind of deserves it.

Even I was able to pick up that the Princess and many of the kids enrolling do it because they want to and something they work hard towards.

Failing to gleam that bit of insight despite supposedly having more maturity and experience is a mark against our main character, and should be something considered for further growth.

Well, be that as it may, it still isn't cool of the princess to hit him. So there's room for growth for both of them.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, YOU GUYS could have also been replaced by BOTH OF YOU, but if you read the manga in japanese then it gives you the vibe that the head of departments are asserting dominance and ordering them, hence I used it to add a little negative feeling.
First of all, thanks for the translation, it's honestly enjoyable to read. Now, there is only one thing I noticed at a glance with my half asleep brain while reading this for relaxation... and some others have noticed before. It's 300% constructive criticism, so don't take it badly!

"You guys" could have easily been replaced with "You two" for a more formal, but slightly demeaning way to refer to them by someone of a higher standing, or "You both". The use of "you" is already derogatory in such a formal situation, as it tells the parties that whoever is refered to as "you" is a nobody without a name, a title, or a position that matters to the involved parties.
The main issue is, "guys" belongs to a very informal setting, so it clashes a lot with the whole thing and just looks wrong, even to my sleep deprived mind. I understand where you're coming from since the og text likely tried to put down the two kids in the conversation, it's just that "guys" is a bad choice, since, well, it's also a word that besides being informal, is also one that determines closeness and a certain degree of intimacy.

And really, besides that above, the word was actually noticeable because everything else was well done, so it stuck out like a sore thumb. If you had said it was on purpose because you disliked that reformatory director, I would've completely believed you ahaha.

Anyway, my 2c, hopefully it wasn't a waste of time to read me. Keep up the great work.
What Antairan said. It breaks theme in the setting, and is too much of a sudden shift in her manner of speech. For the character, terms like this are casual speech and very informal. Even for the purpose of asserting dominance, she sounds less like a department head of a prestigious institution, and more like a Banchou of a group of thugs.

Dex-chan lover
read at spoiler at your risk
main hero gets princess preggers
So who the hell is this main hero? MC or some other dude? I legit forgot almost everything before these last 2 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
LOL after trash-talking and slapping your 'rival' you still displayed you are just 2nd-rate. Well sometimes that is just how we all grew up as kids.
But looks like the princess is still choking up on the slice of humble pie she got served.

Dex-chan lover
She only has 2 words in her insult vocabulary, what a precious loli elf princess😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
No, my dear MC, you are not in the wrong. The girl should not have hit you for such a stupid reason.

Dex-chan lover
I seriously hate tsundere because of how much they hit people. Who the fuck just hit someone they don't know like that???

anw, thanks for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread