Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Your First Fear

Dex-chan lover
Hello all. I checked the site rules for mangadex and apparently there are exceptions to upload mangas that have been taken by the official publisher.

View attachment 5062

Here I see 1.2.1.3 and 1.2.1.4, which might be applicable, as in j-novel I see an expired update on the volumes, BUT I AM NOT AT ALL FAMILIAR WITH ALL THIS... Hence I would like someone experienced to tell me whether anything here would work out for me. Thanks :)
As someone mentioned above, these rules are just about official translations. They're exceptions to the preceding rule:

1.2 Only scanlations (i.e. comics translated and edited into another language) and self-published original comics are allowed to be uploaded. Works with no text to translate, like artwork compilations, are not allowed. Scans of physical official releases or rips of digital official releases/webcomics from official sources, such as original releases (raws) or officially translated releases, are not allowed to be uploaded.
Which states that scanlations (like you're doing now) are allowed, however official translation releases (Viz, etc) and raws aren't allowed to be posted, outside of those exceptions in 1.2.1.

You're fine to continue this.

Dex-chan lover
they bang, carol gets pregnant, kingdom is overthrown, carol dies giving birth.... then he finally starts his harem
Generally, I don’t like it when something strays from the source material. I’m making an exception for this one.

Supporter
I should elaborate, the spoilers I typed is like volume 6 and onwards. I still enjoyed it up to then so you can too if you ignore my spoilers. Assuming you have nothing else to read.
This manga chapter is end of volume 1

Dex-chan lover
they bang, carol gets pregnant, kingdom is overthrown, carol dies giving birth.... then he finally starts his harem
I'm honestly disappointed. I might unfollow this then if that's how it's going to be.

Dex-chan lover
Cliche plot twist, but well executed. I like this story. Couldn’t they just have not made it an isekai, and just have it be a normal fantasy?
Then the first half of the story would not have made sense - if he was not reincarnated and was just smart his father wouldn't have become head, the village would have died from chicken pox, he would not have scored high on the exam, etc. basically nothing would make sense for how he did what he did

It makes a lot more sense that he carried over knowledge from his world that has helped him in these situations and the author actually does a good job at portraying reincarnation so I don't mind it

Supporter
Then the first half of the story would not have made sense - if he was not reincarnated and was just smart his father wouldn't have become head, the village would have died from chicken pox, he would not have scored high on the exam, etc. basically nothing would make sense for how he did what he did

It makes a lot more sense that he carried over knowledge from his world that has helped him in these situations and the author actually does a good job at portraying reincarnation so I don't mind it
The point is that “lmao memories from another world” Is a cheap cop-out for writing seemingly prodigious characters. The author could just not have written plots that require Earth knowledge in the first place, I’m hardly suggesting that just the isekai concept is verwritten and everything else is left the same. Within the “suddenly I became a mastermind” concept, the “wise old man takes the MC under his wing” or “MC finds a book of ancient knowledge” would be less jarring. Or an in-world reincarnation.

I saw some people type out spoilers ahead, and I just wanted to give my thoughts about the spoilers, the series as a whole, and what's to come, especially in regards to the light novels.

As of now, there are 7 light novels published, of which all are translated, with the 7th being recently translated (officially) after a long time. This manga chapter is towards the end of novel 1.

Volumes 1,2,3 serve as the world building and prologue to the story, and also serves as the build up to the climax in volumes 4 and 5. This first set of books, imo, is very satisfying and peak for the series. It's a real treat.

Volumes 6 serves as the cool-off for the previous climax, becoming similar to volumes 1,2,3 in preparation for the next climax. Except the climax didn't hear no bell and blindsides you with a "oh f**ck" cliffhanger after you thought they were gonna build up to it like last time. Volumes 7 then continues that 2nd climax and continues on, but leaving you with severe anxiety about what will happen next.

Now, it's been a couple years since the author released the latest volume (vol 7). I don't know if volume 8 is in production or not. The time between vol 7 and supposed vol 8 will be much vaster compared to previous volumes. So vast, in fact, that j novel was able to catch up to the japanese releases. Events after vol 7 would be about ch200 and onward in the web novel, and since there are about 100 more chapters in the web novel, there's enough content for at least 3 more light novels.

Volume 8 (if it ever gets released) will make or break the series for you. The events that will happen in this volume will likely make lots of people drop this series. What the author did in this volume is ballsy, and might trigger backlash from the fans. It's probably why the author hasn't released volume 8 normally like the other volumes. He might be under pressure from his publisher to change the events and differ from the web novel (like in overlord or seirei gensouki), but the likelihood of that happening is slim.

After the events that transpired in volume 8, the series, for me at least, just became dull and monotone. One of the things that made the series great was no longer there, and I no longer felt invested in the series. It just felt empty without that element there.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for the series as a whole. Volumes 1-7 are a great read, but if volume 8 is ever published and follows the web novel, it will be controversial.

Users who are viewing this thread